PDA

View Full Version : Database programs question:

Frankie
11-15-2006, 01:28 PM
FileMaker Pro? How is it? sounds like it is pretty good. Is there any other one that's just as (or almost as) good that costs less?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
It's CRAP.

StcChief
11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
File <> Database

The question is what problem are you trying to solve and what would be the best tool to do it.

Frankie
11-15-2006, 03:02 PM
It's CRAP.
How so? What would you suggest instead? I'm looking for a program similar to what libraries have to be able to inventory things (books, DVDs, Bills, etc.) and be able to call them up by any number of categories. Also needs to be affordable and user friendly.

Frankie
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
File <> Database

The question is what problem are you trying to solve and what would be the best tool to do it.
See above.

slappyhappy
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I know MS Access, once you get it figured out, can play a big part in keeping track of records. I keep track of my inventory on it.

StcChief
11-15-2006, 03:42 PM
How so? What would you suggest instead? I'm looking for a program similar to what libraries have to be able to inventory things (books, DVDs, Bills, etc.) and be able to call them up by any number of categories. Also needs to be affordable and user friendly.

Not sure how good this is but has good reviews, awards, has some flexibility as well.

http://www.primasoft.com/index.html

30 day trial...should give you enough time to decide....
at $65 pretty damn cheap.

OldTownChief
11-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I know MS Access, once you get it figured out, can play a big part in keeping track of records. I keep track of my inventory on it.

Agreed.. Learn Access, it's the best one out there once you learn how to use it properly.