PDA

View Full Version : Patriots install Field Turf at Gillette Stadium

Hoover
11-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I wonder if new Arrowhead will have turf?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061114bearsturf,1,969512.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

cdcox
11-15-2006, 02:08 PM
That crap should be outlawed.

chief52
11-15-2006, 02:16 PM

No, this is not the old "astro turf" crap. Field turf is good stuff. Does not seem to have any more injuries on it than grass. Soft stuff. Field Turf definitely has its place.

cdcox
11-15-2006, 02:22 PM
No, this is not the old "astro turf" crap. Field turf is good stuff. Does not seem to have any more injuries on it than grass. Soft stuff. Field Turf definitely has its place.

Ty Law and half the other Chiefs were slipping all over that crap in Pittsburgh.

A ton of injuies against St. Louis.

It is asthetically unpleasing to see: 1) clean uniforms, 2) perfect "grass", 3) that black crap to come up everytime someone makes a cut.

I hate turf, period.

Mecca
11-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Ty Law and half the other Chiefs were slipping all over that crap in Pittsburgh.

It is asthetically unpleasing to see: 1) clean uniforms, 2) perfect "grass", 3) that black crap to come up everytime someone makes a cut.

I hate turf, period.

Well it's basically impossible to have gass in some places........a bunch of the Seattle players think it's better than real grass.

FAX
11-15-2006, 02:25 PM

Totally agree, Mr. cdcox. I honestly don't see why the players' union doesn't negotiate turf out of the league once and for all.

Plus, it is well known that TG would have a heck of a lot more catches if it weren't for that stuff.

FAX

tk13
11-15-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised they'd do that. One of their little homefield advantages was always that they'd let the field go to crap for the playoffs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
That field at Gillette Stadium has been a f*cking joke ever since they opened that place. I'm sure it doesn't help that Kraft whores it out at every turn during the season....

Mecca
11-15-2006, 02:28 PM
That field at Gillette Stadium has been a f*cking joke ever since they opened that place. I'm sure it doesn't help that Kraft whores it out at every turn during the season....

Ours isn't much better....

4th and Long
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
REPOST! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3555992&postcount=11

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Ours isn't much better....

It's not a great NFL field, but Foxboro is the worst grass field by far....what's even worse is that the Pats had the nerve to bitch about our field when theirs might as well be sown with caltrops by comparison.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Arrowhead should have field turf (the kind they have in Seattle), IMHO. Our kids and college players in town LOVE it. It's a huge improvement over previous artificial surfaces.

Valiant
11-15-2006, 02:59 PM

I agree I play on that shit weekly in soccer...

That shit bounces up in your eyes and face, always gets wrinkles in it...

They will spend more time keeping it in shape then they do real grass...

JBucc
11-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I love it when a player gets up with huge clumps of grass in his helmet. I don't think I've ever seen someone get up with huge chunks of field turf stuck in their helmet.

Mecca
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Arrowhead should have field turf (the kind they have in Seattle), IMHO. Our kids and college players in town LOVE it. It's a huge improvement over previous artificial surfaces.

Remember they wouldn't do it because of the lines they had to paint for the soccer field....

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM

They will spend more time keeping it in shape then they do real grass...You guys must be talking about some other "type" of field turf. We've had some installed on a field for our local high schools and colleges for 4 years now. They play about 40-50 football games, plus some other events on that field. Everyone I've ever talked too about it, thinks it's great.

The stuff you are talking about CAN'T be the same kind, IMO.

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Remember they wouldn't do it because of the lines they had to paint for the soccer field....
They play soccer games on ours too.....lines are yellow water-based paint, that WASHES off (mostly) with some effort after the soccer games.

GoHuge
11-15-2006, 03:36 PM

I hate turf, period.FYI Pittsburgh has natural grass, not "field turf."

Psyko Tek
11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
didn't arrowhead used to have turf?
thought they got rid of it when Montanna signed

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2006, 03:46 PM
didn't arrowhead used to have turf?
thought they got rid of it when Montanna signed

Totally different stuff then, than they have now.

The stuff they use to have was basically green carpet with a pad underneath; this stuff is heavy duty high-tech....

http://www.fieldturf.com/

http://www.fieldturf.com/product/designConstruction.cfm

Predarat
11-15-2006, 03:47 PM
There are several brands of the "New Generation Turf". I don't think all of them have that rubber crap. The two I know of are the main one Field Turf and SportExe.

Halfcan
11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
say No to turf

penguinz
11-15-2006, 03:56 PM

I hate turf, period.Slipping is diue to wrong footwear.

Injuries related to the turf are less likely on filed/sprint turf.

The black stuff is rubber from recycled tires.

big nasty kcnut
11-15-2006, 03:57 PM
NONONONONONO Football was meant to be played on grass.

cdcox
11-15-2006, 04:06 PM
FYI Pittsburgh has natural grass, not "field turf."

I stand corrected. Honestly I did check Wikipedia before I posted. Unforntunately, I was looking under NFL practice fields. The Chiefs have it too, BTW.

Still hate that crap.

morphius
11-15-2006, 04:08 PM
I think it is only a matter of time before arrowhead gets it.

Mecca
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
I expect before long basically every city where it doesn't stay warm year round will have it.

Have you seen how our field looks by the end of the season? Hell the Giants pulled their grass for it because by the end of the year their field was basically dirt.

TrickyNicky
11-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Wasn't one of the reasons big Willie came to KC was because he wanted to play on Real Grass?

cdcox
11-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I expect before long basically every city where it doesn't stay warm year round will have it.

Have you seen how our field looks by the end of the season? Hell the Giants pulled their grass for it because by the end of the year their field was basically dirt.

Back when George Toma took care of the field, there were no problems whatsoever. That guy could grow grass on the side of an igloo.

penguinz
11-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Wasn't one of the reasons big Willie came to KC was because he wanted to play on Real Grass?I don;t think this is the reason he left NO.

OnTheWarpath58
11-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Well it's basically impossible to have gass in some places........a bunch of the Seattle players think it's better than real grass.

IMO, the only reason they have that stuff in Seattle is that it can handle 10 inches of rain an hour......

Necessary in Seattle.

There are at least two different kinds of this stuff, maybe more. I've been on the field at the dumpdome here in STL, and if you as much as shuffle your feet, that black rubber stuff comes up. There's a private High School here that installed a different version a couple of years back, it is considerably nicer. Players love it. Nothing flying up into your eyes every time you get tackled.....

As a fan, I think we should keep the grass at Arrowhead and get rid of the GD soccer team that chews the hell out of it even more.....

ChiefFan31
11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Back when George Toma took care of the field, there were no problems whatsoever. That guy could grow grass on the side of an igloo.

Indeed. I believe that guy has done about every Super Bowl too.

I like that we still use grass. I know the new field turf is much improved, but dont want to see it at Arrowhead.

Cochise
11-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Arrowhead seems to be a hard building to kick in when the temperature drops, and when the field deteriorates toward the end of the season. I think it would help us.

Sully
11-15-2006, 07:04 PM
IMO, the only reason they have that stuff in Seattle is that it can handle 10 inches of rain an hour......

Necessary in Seattle.

There are at least two different kinds of this stuff, maybe more. I've been on the field at the dumpdome here in STL, and if you as much as shuffle your feet, that black rubber stuff comes up. There's a private High School here that installed a different version a couple of years back, it is considerably nicer. Players love it. Nothing flying up into your eyes every time you get tackled.....

As a fan, I think we should keep the grass at Arrowhead and get rid of the GD soccer team that chews the hell out of it even more.....

There are a few different types... If you are int he KC area, just travel to some of the local high schools which have it (there are more and more). Some have the wider, longer blades of grass, and smaller chunks of "dirt" and some don't.
It's nto bad to play on, though... "dirt" aside.

kcxiv
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
It will be put in sooner or later.

penguinz
11-15-2006, 08:30 PM
As a fan, I think we should keep the grass at Arrowhead and get rid of the GD soccer team that chews the hell out of it even more.....The damage that is done by the soccer team is very minimal. The football players do the majority of the damage.

penguinz
11-15-2006, 08:33 PM

They will spend more time keeping it in shape then they do real grass...
If you are talking about All American then I can see why you feel this way. They went cheap on the install plus they do not maintain it properly.

SLAG
11-15-2006, 08:51 PM
doenst dallas still have the old stuff

thats carpet like

dtebbe
11-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Arrowhead seems to be a hard building to kick in when the temperature drops, and when the field deteriorates toward the end of the season. I think it would help us.

This is true, considering our kickers usually suck come the end of the season...

DT

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Arrowhead will be getting FieldTurf soon I bet. The main reason they haven't was bc of the Wizards and they are gone now. It just makes more sense to have it in if Arrowhead is going to host other events than just the Chiefs.

JBucc
11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone just watch that game that just finished on ESPN2? That's why turf, any kind of turf, sucks.

penguinz
11-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Arrowhead will be getting FieldTurf soon I bet. The main reason they haven't was bc of the Wizards and they are gone now. It just makes more sense to have it in if Arrowhead is going to host other events than just the Chiefs.If it is because of the wizards that is just dumb. FIFA approved fieldturf and sprintturf several years ago.