PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Had This Nasty

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 07:18 AM
DRY COUGH ???? Seems it only happens when I'm out in the cold --- or when i lie down at night to go to sleep... My throat doesn't hurt, and when i do cough --- I don't get that junk in my throat like a normal cough... I do smoke alittle, but not alot anymore...

Hopefully it's not that pnemonia crap... I do have a doctors appointment later today... Just wondered if anyone else has had it this year ???

D2112
11-16-2006, 07:20 AM
DRY COUGH ???? Seems it only happens when I'm out in the cold --- or when i lie down at night to go to sleep... My throat doesn't hurt, and when i do cough --- I don't get that junk in my throat like a normal cough... I do smoke alittle, but not alot anymore...

Hopefully it's not that pnemonia crap... I do have a doctors appointment later today... Just wondered if anyone else has had it this year ???
Do you have gas heat in your house???
Get a humidifier

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Do you have gas heat in your house???
Get a humidifier

Yes I do... I get a darn cough every year starting in November and it runs clear up til March or April of the next year... This time it just seems worse... The ole' lady and kid don't get this though...

I do spend alot of time outside though around here... Hunting -- working on the farm -- etc etc....

She told me to get one of those masks that fits over your mouth when I go outside when it's cold... With my M.S., any cold or flu makes me feel like death...

D2112
11-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Yes I do... I get a darn cough every year starting in November and it runs clear up til March or April of the next year... This time it just seems worse... The ole' lady and kid don't get this though...

I do spend alot of time outside though around here... Hunting -- working on the farm -- etc etc....

She told me to get one of those masks that fits over your mouth when I go outside when it's cold... With my M.S., any cold or flu makes me feel like death...
You might just have allergies too..

Sorry I couldn't help..

Hope you feel better..

StcChief
11-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Allergy/humidity related...I had it.

If your spitting up clear sh1t. It's allergy.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 07:36 AM
You might just have allergies too..

Sorry I couldn't help..

Hope you feel better..

I was wondering about the allergies... Maybe some 190 proof grain alcohol would work ??? ROFL

Thanks for the info though...

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Allergy/humidity related...I had it.

If your spitting up clear sh1t. It's allergy.

I'm not spitting up anything.... It's just a very dry cough...

KcMizzou
11-16-2006, 08:00 AM
I had it for two weeks. Right about the time I started feeling better, I lost my voice for three days.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 08:05 AM
I had it for two weeks. Right about the time I started feeling better, I lost my voice for three days.

Did you go see the doc ???

KcMizzou
11-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Did you go see the doc ???No. I never felt terrible.. just the nagging cough. It was more annoying than anything else.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM
No. I never felt terrible.. just the nagging cough. It was more annoying than anything else.

I've had it for 2-3 weeks now... Can't sleep and I'm waking everyone else up at night coughing my head off... Other than the cough -- i feel fine... No high temp. or anything else...

kepp
11-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Sounds environmental to me. Change the filter in your furnace lately? Maybe get your ductwork cleaned?

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Been in this house for 10-12 years... Everything gets changed every year... I'm guessing bronchitos or something... It's just a pain in the fricking donkey !!!!

slappyhappy
11-16-2006, 08:44 AM

Try sleeping with a humidifier. I have to sleep with one in the winter time. The drier air the midwest has in the winter always messes with my sinus'. I'm prone to nose bleeds in the night with out one. Work's for my nose, might help with your cough. Just my opinion.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Try sleeping with a humidifier. I have to sleep with one in the winter time. The drier air the midwest has in the winter always messes with my sinus'. I'm prone to nose bleeds in the night with out one. Work's for my nose, might help with your cough. Just my opinion.

Sinus' haven't been a problem, but I think I'll check in on a humidifier... This is the first time my cough has been dry like this... Usually gaging up stuff this time of year...

Stewie
11-16-2006, 08:58 AM
A humidifier is a definite plus. I didn't realize what a difference it made until I had one installed. BTW, do you suffer from acid-reflux? The dry cough is a symptom.

Redrum_69
11-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Get your vents cleaned out at home or dust once in a while.

Otherwise you'll get a form of asthma.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 09:03 AM
A humidifier is a definite plus. I didn't realize what a difference it made until I had one installed. BTW, do you suffer from acid-reflux? The dry cough is a symptom.

Nope ---- no acid reflux

boogblaster
11-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Do you scream at your Ole Woman much that can cause dry every-thing.............

Redrum_69
11-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Try more cardio at the gym or buy a treadmill.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Get your vents cleaned out at home or dust once in a while.

Otherwise you'll get a form of asthma.

Living here in the country, I clean house every day and also dust just about every day... I think I just got the bug... One day it's 70 degrees here and the next day it might be 35... Weather has been a joke this winter -- early fall... 75 to 35 in one day...

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Do you scream at your Ole Woman much that can cause dry every-thing.............

ROFL .. Naw -- she's pretty mellow about things...

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Try more cardio at the gym or buy a treadmill.

I do have a home gym... I admit it's set idle more than being used since I bought it..

penguinz
11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Try sleeping with a humidifier. I have to sleep with one in the winter time. The drier air the midwest has in the winter always messes with my sinus'. I'm prone to nose bleeds in the night with out one. My wife was scared shitless the first time she woke up and found me sleeping in a pool of blood because of this same thing. :D

slappyhappy
11-16-2006, 09:43 AM
My wife was scared shitless the first time she woke up and found me sleeping in a pool of blood because of this same thing. :D

Yeah, I would wake up all the time with blood on my pillows. It was really disgusting and it scared me a bit too. I've felt so much better after getting a humidifier. They're cheap too, $20 @ Wally World. I think it's the best $20 I've spent in years. Saves me a lot in Laundry detergent too. LMAO

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I use to get nose bleeds EVERY DAY when i was a kid... I could sneeze and blood would just come gushing out...

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
What's that 1-800 number ??? Something --- dial a nurse...

Nooooooooooooo... not the 1-800-fu@k a nurse...

slappyhappy
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Nooooooooooooo... not the 1-800-fu@k a nurse...

LMAO... "Hello Nurse!!!"

Dartgod
11-16-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm guessing bronchitos or something...
Do you get those at Taco Bell?

CoMoChief
11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
In columbia, MO theres this bug going around where people are getting this flu and you get liquid shits for a few days. I think I just started getting symptoms today, I feel like shit and Im puking up bile and I feel like I have to puke more but I cant.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Do you get those at Taco Bell?

:hmmm: That does look alittle messed up the way I spelled it... :shake:

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
In columbia, MO theres this bug going around where people are getting this flu and you get liquid shits for a few days. I think I just started getting symptoms today, I feel like shit and Im puking up bile and I feel like I have to puke more but I cant.

I had that afew days ago... Nothing but water coming out when setting on the toilet !!! Never got sick to my stomach though... The ole lady has the stomach cramps and is setting on the toilet alot now also...

Iowanian
11-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Not that but about everyone I know has been puking and or pissing out thier arse the past couple weeks at some point.

I had it a week and a half ago and its a miserable some bidge.

Get your flu shots.

Predarat
11-16-2006, 02:59 PM
My two year old son has it which means i'm about to!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I hear a bowl of antifreeze will clear that up.

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Maybe the terrorists did poison our food or water ????

ROFL ROFL

4th and Long
11-16-2006, 03:16 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9366/peptogi3.jpg

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9366/peptogi3.jpg

I won't even take that crap even if I do have the sh!ts !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Just got back from the doctor..... I have bronchiole pneumonia !!! I get another day off from work !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I get to be Barry Bonds also ------ I get to take steriods !!! ROFL