PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy QB quandry - Trent Green vs Oakland

patteeu
11-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Pick one to start this week and one to cut from my team:

Rex Grossman @ NYJ - Rex has been great this season except for a few games when he's absolutely sucked. This is the second week in a row on the road for the Bears (which normally bodes ill) but it's also the second week in a row at the Meadowlands (which almost makes it a home game doesn't it?).

Jon Kitna @ Arizona - Kitna has been pretty good this season but he had a shaky game last week against a bad SF pass defense.

Trent Green vs. Oakland - You all know the story, coming off an injury and missing a couple of offensive linemen as well as Tony Gonzales. Oakland has the #3 pass defense in terms of yards and the #26 rush defense which would normally indicate a poor passing day. Interestingly though, Oakland has given up 12 passing TD's to only 4 rushing TD's so the defensive rankings are a little deceptive.

Who should I go with in week 11 and which one should I cut?

PS. "Quandary" Doh!

Hootie
that's tough...

play the homer card and go with Green.

Hootie
of course I urged everyone to start Garrard last week...so what do I know.

Braincase
11-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Had the same conundrum. I came to the decision that this game is going to be a whole bunch of Larry, Larry, Larry to pound the Oakland defense and humiliate the game clock. I expect to see a lot of Oakland three-and-outs, and Oakland is just going to get tired. And grumpy. Trent won't need to pass much, and those passes will be short to the flat. I decided to play McNair instead. Starting Larry as well.

Chiefs 23, Oakland 13

JBucc
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Grossman.

noa
11-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Kitna. He should bounce back after the bad game last week. I don't really trust Grossman that much and the Jets gave Tom Brady a hard time last week and could do the same to Grossman, and as much of a homer as I am, I don't expect much out of Trent this week.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Kitna.

C-Mac
11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Ditka

StcChief
11-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Grossman.... Green may not play whole game.

Chief Chief
11-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Chicago has shown a propensity for not getting up for so-so teams (Arizona & Miami). You can bet your bottom, top, and every dollar in-between that Herm's going to pound-pound-pound LJ and Bennett so the Faders won't have much of a shot to pound Trent into the ground. Start Kitna. Flip a coin & cut either of the other two.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Definetly Damon Huard

MahiMike
11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Don't make a bonehead decision like Herm. Stay with the hot hand in Rex. I anticipate Green being pretty rusty and ducking around ghost rushers.