PDA

View Full Version : Would Bonds Fill The Stands

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm not saying the Royals would even think of going after Barry Bonds, but I'd bet the farm that he goes to an American League team... Not many National League teams want him in the field playing... Bad elbow and bad knees lead him to being a DH in the American League...

I just wonder if just his presence would fill the stands at The K ???? As far as a marketing move --- I don't think Moore is crazy enough to give up 25-30 million over two years to this guy...

Reerun_KC
11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
I would actually go to a Royals game just to see his steroid ass hit one across I-70.

Other than that, the Royals could move to Arkansas and I wouldnt know they were gone.

DaWolf
11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Fill the stands, no. Put asses in the seats, yes. There would be a definite buzz around the Royals, and fans would come to see what was happening and see Bonds. But there wouldn't be sellouts. Only winning cures that...

StcChief
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
If they gave away tickets, concessions MAYBE.

Hound333
11-16-2006, 03:17 PM
If the Royals got Bonds there would be one less fan in the stands. I am still a die hard Royals fan and always thought i would be. Selling out like that would push me over the line. Most likely I would just concentrate on the Chiefs and take a break from sports through the summer.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
I would go to see Bonds play, the fans would show up too...but it will not happen.

Archie F. Swin
11-16-2006, 03:35 PM
no

JBucc
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Probably on opening day and when he got close to Aaron. Otherwise attendance would go up but I don't think he'd sell out every game.

DJJasonp
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
If the Royals got Bonds there would be one less fan in the stands. I am still a die hard Royals fan and always thought i would be. Selling out like that would push me over the line. Most likely I would just concentrate on the Chiefs and take a break from sports through the summer.

Agreed....I've been a fan since 1975.....and I swear on my life, if the Royals got Bonds....I would NEVER watch another royals game in my life.

I want to win, but you gotta have principles....and I think that guy is the most selfish, full of s**t player in the league....he has no respect for the game...a multi-millionaire, but somehow sad and mistreated...

I could go on and on...

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Agreed....I've been a fan since 1975.....and I swear on my life, if the Royals got Bonds....I would NEVER watch another royals game in my life.

I want to win, but you gotta have principles....and I think that guy is the most selfish, full of s**t player in the league....he has no respect for the game...a multi-millionaire, but somehow sad and mistreated...

I could go on and on...

He's pretty much another O.J. Simpson...

kc1977
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
The K is not power hitter friendly enough for Bonds to come here.

Frazod
11-16-2006, 04:35 PM
The Royals have enough problems without adding that douchebag to the equation.

Hound333
11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
One of my high school friends was getting his masters in athletic training from Arizona St. He did his internship at the Giants spring training. He told me that Bonds used to get undressed one item at a time by tossing them on the floor and motioning for a worker to come pick it up for him. He was sitting 3 feet from the laundry bin. He's just a dick.

Stewie
11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Nah. He's damaged goods.

ChiefsCountry
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
It would make the year before Gordon and company more intresting.

RockChalk
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
The K is not power hitter friendly enough for Bonds to come here.

he'll probably end up in NY. i think their right field fence is only about 150 feet deep.

slappyhappy
11-16-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd really lose alot of respect for the Royals organization if they brought in Bonds.

Found an article about his trainer being jailed again for refusing to testify...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2659350&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

PinkFloyd
11-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I really think he might go to the Angels... Possibly the A's since they lost Frank Thomas to the BlueJays...

L.A. Chieffan
11-16-2006, 05:59 PM
you guys should move the fences in, just like comerica. It used to be sluggers got sent to detroit to die then they did it and now everybody wants to play there.

ChiefsCountry
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
you guys should move the fences in, just like comerica. It used to be sluggers got sent to detroit to die then they did it and now everybody wants to play there.

Tried that once, instead of Royals hitters doing the home run thing it was the opposing team on Royals pitching.

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Meanwhile, Bluto Bonds lets his best friend go to jail for him again-this time for a year. What a great guy.

Frazod
11-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Meanwhile, Bluto Bonds lets his best friend go to jail for him again-this time for a year. What a great guy.

Bonds' best friend is Bonds.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I think Bonds would play shortstop for the Pirates before coming to Kansas City...

Cochise
11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't go any more or less than I already do. I'm not a fan of his, I don't see what he could add soaking up a roster spot for a developing player who could be part of a long term solution.

If they think they can parlay his salary into more available cash for the future, I guess it makes business sense. But I don't see Joe Royalfan biting on the Bonds draw. I wouldn't guess he is very popular around here. He exemplifies why our team isn't any good. He's an overpaid, over the hill player making a huge salary that only a handful of teams have a chance at anyways.

I don't think the fans would get excited about him. I don't know what comparison to make. If the Chiefs suited up Bill Romanowski?

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 08:53 PM
I would like to see Bluto Bond's head get sooo big it blows up like in the movie Scanners.