PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green deserves the right to start - explain to me why not!

Logical
11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Trent in my opinion over the last four years earned the starting spot provided he is healthy. To me even if Huard was having a MVP (he was not) half season once Trent was healthy he deserved to be given the starter's role back.

The only real question is will a poor performance have you as a fan calling for him to be benched?

Crashride
11-16-2006, 05:16 PM
He cant start...hes got bleeding on the brain

Bwana
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
As long as he doesn't turn back into trINT, I have no problem with it.

FAX
11-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Although I'm more than happy to learn more about how other Planeteers feel about this matter, I must ask ... why are we discussing this, Mr. Logical? Has there been an indication that Trent may not start on Sunday?

Also, shaving a bear isn't right, is it?

FAX

Mr. Laz
11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
lost his burst :shrug:

FringeNC
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
You play to win the games. You put the player in there that gives you the best chance of winning now, regardless of the past. And it's obvious that Trent Green is a much better quarterback than Damon Huard.

TRR
11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Trent is the starting QB. I believe a lot of KC fans are worried that this is going to turn out to be Grbac/Gannon all over again. However, Green is 10 times the QB Grbac ever was.

Green has earned the right to be the starting QB again. I believe Huard did well for the time being, but it's not like he won games single handedly, or even won all of his starts. He did what good backups do. Now Green will do what starting NFL QB's do.

E@SHSU
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I just want him to win. That way LJ and I can have a perfect birthday.

Wow, that sounded really shallow. Oh, well.

BWillie
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
If Trent comes out the next couple games and throws a few picks each time people are going to be calling for his head and to get Huard back in there. Don't expect Trent to light it up the first couple of games, but we will be a better team with him in over the course of the last 7 games.

trndobrd
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I thought Green retired.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2006, 06:27 PM
If Trent plays crappy i still want him starting the rest of the season.

OldTownChief
11-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree AND expect him to be a bit rusty.

Fish
11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree AND expect him to be a bit rusty.

I agree with your agreement....

Tuckdaddy
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Trent in my opinion over the last four years earned the starting spot provided he is healthy. To me even if Huard was having a MVP (he was not) half season once Trent was healthy he deserved to be given the starter's role back.

The only real question is will a poor performance have you as a fan calling for him to be benched?

DAMN RIGHT! I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I LOVE THE FACT THAT HIS FIRST START BACK I WILL BE THERE TO WATCH.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Green should be the starter for the rest of the year now no matter what...

MahiMike
11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
There's a reason why they have training camp. The passing game more than anything else evolves around precise timing. It takes a good month of practice to get close to playing well - when you're healthy. I love Trent more than any other player but this is a stupid, stupid move. Why not wait until Huard really sucks and then bring Trent in to save the day? Huard had nothing to do with that loss last week. That loss was a team effort. Even with all healthy players, we never win in Miami.

Bwana
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
If Trent comes out the next couple games and throws a few picks each time people are going to be calling for his head and to get Huard back in there. Don't expect Trent to light it up the first couple of games, but we will be a better team with him in over the course of the last 7 games.

If he throws "a few picks" in each game, we lose both of them and we will be talking about the draft.

May he light it the **** up.

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
There's a reason why they have training camp. The passing game more than anything else evolves around precise timing. It takes a good month of practice to get close to playing well - when you're healthy. I love Trent more than any other player but this is a stupid, stupid move. Why not wait until Huard really sucks and then bring Trent in to save the day? Huard had nothing to do with that loss last week. That loss was a team effort. Even with all healthy players, we never win in Miami.

What if Huard sucks at the end of the year against a huge quality opponent? Or what if he sucks the first game of the playoffs (god willing)? The idea is that Trent can knock the rust off against a low-quality opponent at home, which is an ideal time. If you're anticipating making the switch at some point this year, do it now.

4th and Long
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
what?

Logical
11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Although I'm more than happy to learn more about how other Planeteers feel about this matter, I must ask ... why are we discussing this, Mr. Logical? Has there been an indication that Trent may not start on Sunday?

Also, shaving a bear isn't right, is it?

FAX

More to see who will stand up and say they will want him benched if he has a bad game. I expect there are quite a few.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
More to see who will stand up and say they will want him benched if he has a bad game. I expect there are quite a few.
You'd think I'd be one of them, but I won't.

Green is the starter again, and he has full support from this Chiefs fan.

If he throws 5 picks against Oakland and we lose, there is no point in going back to Huard, because we're not going to make the playoffs, anyways.

supercoupe91
11-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Gotta stick with Trent the rest of the way. The captain goes down with the ship, not the career back up.

ROYC75
11-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Q :Which QB gives us the best chance at winning in the playoffs ?

A:Trent Green

Lzen
11-16-2006, 07:58 PM

Green has been practicing and getting that timing back for the past 3 weeks.

Huard may not be the only one to blame for the Miami loss, but he was a large part of the reason for that loss. Quit trying to give him a free pass. He sucked in Miami.

Count Alex's Losses
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I've thought about this quite a bit, and I think Green has been practicing enough, prepares so well, and has such a good history of being a sharp player that he's going to come out and look like he hasn't missed a beat, or close to it. Maybe it's the homer talking, but I think he's going to surprise us all. I just hope the coaching staff doesn't coddle him, ala Huard in Denver.

cdcox
11-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Trent should be the starter until we have 7 losses. If we reach that total, we should give Croyle the first quarter or first half, then let Trent com in to finish the games. Damon Huard's future is as a back up or as a starter for another team, so there is no reason to put him back in. Even if Green were to retire at the end of this seaon, I don't want Huard considered as a future starter. He doesn't have the ability to lead a team to a championship and at 33, it is unlikely that he ever will.

Baconeater
11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree with your agreement....
I agree with your agreeing with his agreement.

Lzen
11-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I agree with your agreeing with his agreement.

Agreed.