PDA

View Full Version : A chiefs that has earned more playing time!

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Jimmy Wilkerson!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Yup. In a cesspool of rotting shit, he smells the best.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Yup. In a cesspool of rotting shit, he smells the best.
It's like, you have 5 posts...before every time you decide to hit enter, you shake them up, pick one out of a hat, and hit submit.

Bob Dole
11-16-2006, 06:42 PM
The pride of Omaha, Texas.

(Not that they have much else to be proud of in Omaha.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
It's like, you have 5 posts...before every time you decide to hit enter, you shake them up, pick one out of a hat, and hit submit.

:spock:

This coming from someone whose posting style is either "F*CK YOU", "This guy is AWESOME, or "THIS GUY SUCKS ASS"....

That shit is laughable.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
:spock:

This coming from someone whose posting style is either "F*CK YOU", "This guy is AWESOME, or "THIS GUY SUCKS ASS"....

That shit is laughable.
Oh yeah?

It's better than the shit you post where you try and come off as some super intelligent guy...when in reality, you're just an insecure loser who lacks self confidence.

It's cool though, keep it up with your 'witty' posts...some of them almost get there! A little more effort and you might, eventually, make someone laugh!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah?

It's better than the shit you post where you try and come off as some super intelligent guy...when in reality, you're just an insecure loser who lacks self confidence.

It's cool though, keep it up with your 'witty' posts...some of them almost get there! A little more effort and you might, eventually, make someone laugh!

Your posts are like taking a dump. I know that every time I look I'm going to see shit, but there's something fascinatingly tragic about watching it swirl around anyway.

Bob Dole
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Your posts are like taking a dump. I know that every time I look I'm going to see shit, but there's something fascinatingly tragic about watching it swirl around anyway.

Are you mocking Curly?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Are you mocking Curly?

Isn't Curly's dead :crybaby:

Unless Pootie is one of the Stooges...in which case, apt comparison, although he reminds me of a more gregarious and hatable Gilbert Godfried.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
See, there you go again...

I will give you credit though, you do try REALLY hard.

Ari Chi3fs
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I always thought Hummus and Pootie were the same poster.

:shrug:

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM

some fag said that the other day, too.

Hummus tries way too hard to be accepted...I don't.

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Two sides of the same coin. Hamas is the head. Pooty is the ass.

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Yeah, a guy that started out on this board in the DC forum with "Hamas" as part of his moniker is really struggling for acceptance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
some Rump Ranger said that the other day, too.

Yeah, cause I have a brilliant repoire with the mods and my posting style suffer fools gladly. I've probably gotten in more disagreements on this board with various posters than almost anyone, and I'm trying to be liked?? If that were the case, I'd be one of the resident yes-men. As it stands, I'm your resident Ivory Tower asshole, not necessarily the most endearing of qualities.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, a guy that started out on this board in the DC forum with "Hamas" as part of his moniker is really struggling for acceptance.
Well apparently you don't read his posts...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:14 PM

As a former colleague, do you have any tips for the GRE Subject Test in Lit??

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Well apparently you don't read his posts...

Yeah, like that one last week...how did it go (I think it was addressed to GoatCheeze)???

Tell me how am I supposed to live without you
Now that I've been lovin' you so long
How am I supposed to live without you
How am I supposed to carry on
When all that I've been livin' for is gone

ROFL

There was this girl who went to college with me. One night, while wasted, she fell down, and her friend backed over her head with the car. Toss in a bit of Corky with a directional sense of a blindfolded 90 year old with vertigo and you have the aptness of your characterization of me.

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:19 PM
As a former colleague, do you have any tips for the GRE Subject Test in Lit??

Oh lord, yes. Bone up on your minority writers, especially African American, turn of the century. If I took it again (after getting my MA), I'd rock it. As an undergrad when African American Writers was offered, I opted to take Science Fiction instead. I made lots of goofy choices like that as an undergrad, taking fringe and creative writing courses over core lit. courses. Anyway, you'll probably do fine.

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
a girl went to college with you!? Sweet.

Sign me up.

Easy 6
11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
No doubt about it, Wilkerson has come into his own...some players are just late bloomers and he's one of them. I would love to see him take most of the nickel & dime package reps next to Reed.

I really like his versatility and he's been homegrown in KC :thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh lord, yes. Bone up on your minority writers, especially African American, turn of the century. If I took it again (after getting my MA), I'd rock it. As an undergrad when African American Writers was offered, I opted to take Science Fiction instead. I made lots of goofy choices like that as an undergrad, taking fringe and creative writing courses over core lit. courses. Anyway, you'll probably do fine.

And here I am reading the Princeton review and those motherf*ckers are telling me to focus on dead white guys :cuss: :cuss:....thanks for the advice though....

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
And here I am reading the Princeton review and those motherf*ckers are telling me to focus on dead white guys :cuss: :cuss:....thanks for the advice though....

I knew the dead white guys backwards and forwards it seemed from my standard lit. classes and high school education. That being said, you're coming up in a different time (even if it's only a generation or so). You've probably been subjected to way more multi-cultural writing in your standard education than I received.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I knew the dead white guys backwards and forwards it seemed from my standard lit. classes and high school education. That being said, you're coming up in a different time (even if it's only a generation or so). You've probably been subjected to way more multi-cultural writing in your standard education than I received.

Yeah...you can't even get a grad-level class in dead white guys now. It's all theory, multiculturalism, ethnic studies, and interdisciplinarity....which is nice....but it doesn't mesh well with the (currently) anachronistic GRE Lit test.

Count Zarth
11-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey, are you guys both teaching lit? Do you get to choose what books you make the kids read?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey, are you guys both teaching lit? Do you get to choose what books you make the kids read?

I teach writing, which isn't lit, but requires a lot of reading. I use a non-conventional teaching style. The other day I was stressing the importance of hitting on themes in papers, whether argumentative or not, and the extra weight that repetition (but not redundancy) does for writing. So I showed them 20 minutes of "Die Hard" that I had spliced together, focusing on the minor (but not unimportant) theme of John McClane without his shoes on, how many times it was mentioned, the visuals, the office shoot out, etc....

I have TA'ed a lit class, but I didn't really give input into the structure of the class, no. Next year I will finally be deshackled (to an extent) in that regard.

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:36 PM

I teach 11th grade. We have our "major" works that we have all 11th graders read: Beowulf, Macbeth, and Lord of the Flies. Beyond that, I have control over my readling list for the most part.

When I taught Freshman Comp. at the Uni level, we had anthologies that we used. 1st Semester was reading/writing across the curriculum. 2nd semester was a mixture of fiction, poetry, and drama (M. Butterfly). I had little choice over my reading list then. If you get into teaching more "advanced" classes, you have a lot more leeway.

Count Zarth
11-16-2006, 07:38 PM
So I showed them 20 minutes of "Die Hard" that I had spliced together, focusing on the minor (but not unimportant) theme of John McClane without his shoes on, how many times it was mentioned, the visuals, the office shoot out, etc....

LMAO

That reminds me of this lit teacher I had in college. 90 percent of our curriculum was film. It was an awesome class. One of my presentations I showed a clip from Return of the Jedi. :harumph:

Count Zarth
11-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Anyway I was going to reccomend this massive book of short stories by Ray Bradbury. There's SOME science fiction in there, but it's not dominated by it. There's alot of other stuff that I actually really found myself liking.

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Stories-Most-Celebrated-Tales/dp/006054242X

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:41 PM
When I taught Freshman Comp. at the Uni level, we had anthologies that we used. 1st Semester was reading/writing across the curriculum.

Jesus, I hate teaching out of that book. I assume we are talking about the same one....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyway I was going to reccomend this massive book of short stories by Ray Bradbury. There's SOME science fiction in there, but it's not dominated by it. There's alot of other stuff that I actually really found myself liking.

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Stories-Most-Celebrated-Tales/dp/006054242X

Hmmm...sounds interesting....

I did use the Unabomber's Manifesto as a teaching tool last year :hmmm:

NewChief
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Jesus, I hate teaching out of that book. I assume we are talking about the same one....

Yeah. The Michael Medved rail against Hollywood section is okay. The Wal-Mart section was interesting, seeing as I was in Arkansas and half my students ended up at College through Wal-Mart money or through parents who work at Wal-Mart. That's about all I remember about it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah. The Michael Medved rail against Hollywood section is okay. The Wal-Mart section was interesting, seeing as I was in Arkansas and half my students ended up at College through Wal-Mart money or through parents who work at Wal-Mart. That's about all I remember about it.

Yeah, it's always interesting to talk about globalization on a campus filled with children of the rust belt...

SLAG
11-16-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.chillplace.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/Topic.jpg
now..

I really like #96's Play this year he has stepped it up a notch.

i have posed this before but..

Per an Old Teammate of Jimmy Wilkerson's.... His Gf in colleged and now his wife.... used to cheat on him when went on away games in college (not sure if she still currently does)

Short Leash Hootie
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
is she hot at least?!

Fruit Ninja
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
He has done well, but that means you gotta take out Hali or Allen, Wilkerson has done his best work bieng a End.

CupidStunt
11-17-2006, 03:55 AM

Compared to the trash you spew, his posts are gospel.

Fairplay
11-17-2006, 04:35 AM
I need to go Pootie.

I have to take a Pootie.

StcChief
11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Agree
Wilkerson has earned it.
Page is right there with him.

philfree
11-17-2006, 08:39 AM
No doubt about it, Wilkerson has come into his own...some players are just late bloomers and he's one of them. I would love to see him take most of the nickel & dime package reps next to Reed.

I really like his versatility and he's been homegrown in KC :thumb:

Wilkerson was young when we drafted him so I don't know if he's a late bloomer but he is maturing into fine player. I consider him one of my Dawgs because when he was still on the board late in that draft I was yelling at the TV for us pick him.

PhilFree:arrow: