PDA

View Full Version : WTF,when did they announce that Fogerty was playing

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
the halftime show on Thanksgiving?

I've been busy of late but I don't know how that one got by me.I may actually sit through my first halftime show ever.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Im guessing last week. There was a thread on here a few days ago with people bitching about it...

I was like, WTF??? CCR is one of the classic American Rock bands. Fogertys solo work is pretty damn good too. I dont get why people were bitching??

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Im guessing last week. There was a thread on here a few days ago with people bitching about it...

link?

ROYC75
11-17-2006, 04:05 PM

I was like, WTF??? CCR is one of the classic American Rock bands. Fogertys solo work is pretty damn good too. I dont get why people were bitching??

Must be the youger generation, they are in to the hip and hop, junk and funk, rap and crap........ get the point .:D

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 04:06 PM
the halftime show on Thanksgiving?

I've been busy of late but I don't know how that one got by me.I may actually sit through my first halftime show ever.

I heard he's going to sing -- "WE ARE THE WORLD" with Michael Jackson singing also from another location... Jackson will be on the jumbo-tron via satellite !!!

Just kidding.... I'm sure he'll sing mostly afew of his old songs plus maybe a new one or two...

Stewie
11-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Now I really wish I had a ticket to the game. I can hear Tony G. yelling, "Put me in coach!"

jlscorpio
11-17-2006, 04:25 PM
You got da hiiiidy hiiiiidy hiiiii

Dark Horse
11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
There will definitely be a bad moon rising for the Broncos

wazu
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll have to do some research on who this person is and download a few songs. That way I can be pissed when he plays his "new" stuff.

Fish
11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I usually check out the side stage.... which will be Piss&GetAnotherBeer...

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanksgiving Game - Volunteers Needed!
Nov 13, 2006, 10:50:09 AM
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STAGE / AUDIO CREWS AND FIELD AUDIENCE

Don’t just watch it on TV - be a part of the SHOW, on the field at Arrowhead!

Thanksgiving night, at the Chiefs Broncos game, White Cherry Entertainment / 41 Productions will be presenting John Fogerty in a “Super Bowl-type” halftime show. Approximately 700 volunteers are needed for the production; a Stage/Audio Crew (no previous experience necessary), and a Field Audience. The stage units are modular, rolling units that are assembled on the field. Large rolling speaker carts are moved into specific positions around the field as well for sound support. The Field Audience will used to surround the stage. Though tickets to the game are not provided and you will not see the game live inside the stadium , a post-halftime show viewing party is being organized with food and refreshments for all. Participants will also receive a shirt and other special surprises. It will truly be an experience that volunteers won’t soon forget.

More information can be found:

http://www.pregamehalftime.com/

Dartgod
11-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanksgiving Game - Volunteers Needed!
Nov 13, 2006, 10:50:09 AM
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STAGE / AUDIO CREWS AND FIELD AUDIENCE

Don’t just watch it on TV - be a part of the SHOW, on the field at Arrowhead!

Thanksgiving night, at the Chiefs Broncos game, White Cherry Entertainment / 41 Productions will be presenting John Fogerty in a “Super Bowl-type” halftime show. Approximately 700 volunteers are needed for the production; a Stage/Audio Crew (no previous experience necessary), and a Field Audience. The stage units are modular, rolling units that are assembled on the field. Large rolling speaker carts are moved into specific positions around the field as well for sound support. The Field Audience will used to surround the stage. Though tickets to the game are not provided and you will not see the game live inside the stadium , a post-halftime show viewing party is being organized with food and refreshments for all. Participants will also receive a shirt and other special surprises. It will truly be an experience that volunteers won’t soon forget.

More information can be found:

http://www.pregamehalftime.com/The NF - ****ing L needs volunteers to pull this off? They are making millions off this broadcast, are they not? :shake:

VonneMarie
11-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I still don't know who the **** he is.

http://www.johnfogerty.com/

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
I still don't know who the **** he is.

http://www.johnfogerty.com/

It's on your link

legendary songwriter and voice of Creedence Clearwater Revival

If you've ever heard a Creedence song you've heard Fogerty.

Deberg_1990
11-17-2006, 09:52 PM
link?

I found it:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=152115&highlight=halftime

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I found it:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=152115&highlight=halftime

Thanks but so did I about 5:10 p.m.,guess I should've mentioned that.

ChiefsCountry
11-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Sweet, Fogerty is really good. I love the old CCR stuff and I am young so there goes that sterotype.

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Sweet, Fogerty is really good. I love the old CCR stuff and I am young so there goes that sterotype.

Here's an old CCR Cassic with John and The Boss

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_fXWeriJ9Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_fXWeriJ9Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And of course a solo hit as well

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y6x4lrlR8b8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y6x4lrlR8b8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

pr_capone
11-18-2006, 01:20 AM
**** Fogerty, **** his family, and **** his kids.

I cannot believe that the NFL is making millions off this ****ing game and the best they can give us if john ****ing fogerty.

WTF

Jeebus Christ... if you want someone playing some classic tunes on a guitar then gimme Clapton.... not ****ing Fogerty.

The ****er has not done anything worth mentioning in the last 15+ years.

This ****ing pisses me the **** off.

****ing Bullshit.

tk13
11-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Don't hold back, why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 01:42 AM
**** Fogerty, **** his family, and **** his kids.

I cannot believe that the NFL is making millions off this ****ing game and the best they can give us if john ****ing fogerty.

WTF

Jeebus Christ... if you want someone playing some classic tunes on a guitar then gimme Clapton.... not ****ing Fogerty.

This ****ing pisses me the **** off.

****ing Bullshit.

Swing music and dancing are your interests and you're ****ing bashing Fogerty

Additional Info about pr_capone
Referral browsing the net for chiefs forums
Biography KC loyal since 1992
Location Wichita
Interests Swing Music/Dancing
Occupation student

pr_capone
11-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Swing music and dancing are your interests and you're ****ing bashing Fogerty

Additional Info about pr_capone
Referral browsing the net for chiefs forums
Biography KC loyal since 1992
Location Wichita
Interests Swing Music/Dancing
Occupation student
yup

zz top would have been good too tho

but you are right... cuz legends like Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and Cab Calloway are nothing compared to john ****ing fogerty right?

gotta love a man whose first solo ambum was nothing but covers of music other people did. :rolleyes:

zz top would have been good too tho

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 01:57 AM
You got da hiiiidy hiiiiidy hiiiii

ROFL

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 02:03 AM
i seriously saw like 4 houses that i know in st joe in that old man down the road video.

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 02:05 AM
in that first video that is max conan obrien

Deberg_1990
11-18-2006, 02:16 AM

I highly recommend this CD. It came out around 97-98...

slappyhappy
11-18-2006, 05:33 AM
I think Fogerty is a great choice. It's something different and it gets away from those retarded pop stars like N'Sync and Brittany Spears.

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 08:31 AM
yup

but you are right... cuz legends like Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and Cab Calloway are nothing compared to john ****ing fogerty right?

I have nothing but respect for the legends who paved the way in all music.My comment was made as I thought you were being a bit too harsh on a legend in his own right and maybe it would help you see how your little rant might've put others on the defensive and I see it worked.

Personally,I'm a huge fan of 70's music but in no way would I ever bash the likes of Orbison,Holly,Presley,Diddley and on and on because no matter the genre they all helped open the doors to the evolution of music.

Yeah,Fogerty may be old school and like the legends you listed above who are old old school,they all deserve credit whether someone likes their style or not for what they have contributed to music that will be around long after we're gone.

Bald but Beautiful
11-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I do not get people who bash John Fogerty. Sorry, but his songbook is too good to be dissing by anyone, young or old. One can argue John C. Fogerty is maybe the most talented American rock and roller that every was, in terms of singing, writing, and playing. It don't get any better than him.

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Where there any items in the stolen car?
One creedence tape
Well we will tell you if we find your creedence tape

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I do not get people who bash John Fogerty. Sorry, but his songbook is too good to be dissing by anyone, young or old. One can argue John C. Fogerty is maybe the most talented American rock and roller that every was, in terms of singing, writing, and playing. It don't get any better than him.

Music like movies and art is all subjective and I have no problem with someone not liking something,however,I just wished some people would think before making stupid ass comments.

Redcoats58
11-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Music like movies and art is all subjective and I have no problem with someone not liking something,however,I just wished some people would think before making stupid ass comments.

I agree. I can't wait to see Fogerty on Thanksgiving.

pr_capone
11-18-2006, 07:04 PM

Meh... i was drunk last night when typing what I did. Not that I care for the guys music but there could have been a much worse choice for the half time show.

lol

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I do not get people who bash Rush. Sorry, but their songbook is too good to be dissing by anyone, young or old. One can argue Rush is maybe the most talented Canadian rock and rollers that every was, in terms of singing, writing, and playing. It don't get any better than RUSH!!!

I agree-only a dumbazz would bash RUSH. :)

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I always get Foghorn Leghorn and John Foggerty mixed up for some reason.

I say, I say, put me in coach...

Nzoner
11-19-2006, 01:48 AM
there could have been a much worse choice for the half time show.

lol

We definitely agree there.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 03:13 AM
fogerty............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,