PDA

View Full Version : Cliff ****ing Burton, mother****ers!!!!!!!!

jlscorpio
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I just heard "For Whom the Bell Tolls" on the radio. The intro is so BAD@$$!!! As time passes, I sometimes forget what a bass god he was, but tonight I got this awesome reminder. I truly love old Metallica, and tolerate the more recent stuff more than most people. That being said, they would be a totally different (better) band had Cliff not been killed, IMO. R.I.P Cliff...

ChiefFripp
11-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Cliff is a legend.

Lzen
11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Great song. Used to play it in a band I was in 10 years ago. Burton was awesome. If he wasn't killed, I don't know if he would've been able stop Selloutica from selling their musical souls.

Demonpenz
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
I thought he was a lead guitarist but then i noticed there were only 4 strings on his guitar

Bowser
11-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I thought he was a lead guitarist but then i noticed there were only 4 strings on his guitar

He was their lead bass guitarist.

Nightwish
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I just heard "For Whom the Bell Tolls" on the radio. The intro is so BAD@$$!!! As time passes, I sometimes forget what a bass god he was, but tonight I got this awesome reminder. I truly love old Metallica, and tolerate the more recent stuff more than most people. That being said, they would be a totally different (better) band had Cliff not been killed, IMO. R.I.P Cliff...
Cliff was a bass god, I'll give you that. But I'm confused why you listed "For Whom the Bell Tolls" as evidence of it. That's one of the more simplistic bass parts in Metallica's catalogue.

jlscorpio
11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Its not the simplicity/complexity of it. Its more the musical arrangement, which is really what's missing since his death. Plus, it was on the radio, and I haven't been listening to much of them lately.

JonesCrusher
11-22-2006, 09:08 AM
The first Metallica song i heard was (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth off of Kill Em' All, it blew me away, i'm getting chills just thinking about it.

Bass Solo take 1.......

Crush
11-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Ironically, in my opinion, their best album is And Justice For All, despite the lack of bass.