PDA

View Full Version : Manning turns down NFL Films...

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Hilarious. NFL Films assembled a panel of writers and former players, etc, to vote on the top 10 Super Bowl teams of all time.

They only asked one current player to make out a ballot: Peyton freaking Manning, who turned them down.

Unbelievable. :shake:

Short Leash Hootie
11-17-2006, 07:47 PM
why is that unbelievable?

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
why is that unbelievable?

Just because the league will go to any extent to suck off Manning.

Bill Parcells
11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/image.php?u=4494&dateline=1156909206

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 07:49 PM
'69 Chiefs made the top 20.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
You know it's going to be like this:

85 Bears
72 Dolphins

One of the Steeler Teams from the 70's

1992 Cowboys
1984 49ers

I'd bet the farm on those first two being the top two, in that order.

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 07:52 PM
The '89 49ers were a better football team, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 08:01 PM
The '89 49ers were a better football team, IMO.

I don't think it's close.

The 84 Team went 15-1 and shut down the best statistical QB in the league in the SB. Their entire defensive backfield was elected to the Pro Bowl---that had never happened before. They also gave up the fewest points in the league. Their O was 2nd in the league in scoring and 4th in yardage.

The 89 team did have Jerry Rice and John Taylor, but the 84 team had a much younger and unstoppable Roger Craig. While the 89 team gets an edge on O, the dominant D of the 84 team (combined with their much better regular season record) make them better

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
'84 team got the nod, but I still like the older team, especially with Rice.

Berman agrees with me. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 08:06 PM
'84 team got the nod, but I still like the older team, especially with Rice.

Berman agrees with me. :D

I'd take that 84 team against any team, ever.

Berman agreeing with you is a kiss of death, btw ;)

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
'97 Broncos. :Lin:

DaKCMan AP
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
What about the '94 9ers

Young, Rice, Taylor, Ricky Watters, Brent Jones plus 2 O-line probowlers in Jesse Sapolu and Bart Oates on O

Ken Norton, Deion, Merton Hanks, Dana Stubblefield, Richard Dent and Tim McDonald on D

Young had a 112.8 QB rating for the season, 35TDs, 10picks plus he also had 7 rushing TDs

Rice had 112 receptions, 1499yds and 13 TDs

Merton Hanks had 7 picks and Deion had 6

Although we beat them week 2 and they were blown out in Minnesota early in the year, they murdered most teams and the last game of the season they lost but most of the starters didn't play. Hell, for the season they outscored teams 505-296.

They also won every playoff game by 10+ pts.

They had 10 pro-bowlers.

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 08:25 PM
They haven't gotten to the 90's yet. I'm sure they will suck them off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 08:27 PM
What about the '94 9ers

Young, Rice, Taylor, Ricky Watters, Brent Jones plus 2 O-line probowlers in Jesse Sapolu and Bart Oates on O

Ken Norton, Deion, Merton Hanks, Dana Stubblefield, Richard Dent and Tim McDonald on D

Young had a 112.8 QB rating for the season, 35TDs, 10picks plus he also had 7 rushing TDs

Rice had 112 receptions, 1499yds and 13 TDs

Merton Hanks had 7 picks and Deion had 6

Although we beat them week 2 and they were blown out in Minnesota early in the year, they murdered most teams and the last game of the season they lost but most of the starters didn't play. Hell, for the season they outscored teams 505-296.

I think the '84 Team had more Pro Bowlers, scored 30 fewer points but allowed 67 less. 475-229. That's an average score of 29.7-14.4ish, better than 2-1.

They also won every playoff game by 10+ pts.

The Bad Guy
11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Just because the league will go to any extent to suck off Manning.

Manning haters are ridiculous.

Why hate the guy? He studies more than any other player. He performs every week. He's an unbelievable talent.

Yet, people get mad when the NFL wants to showcase him.

I'll never, ever understand people.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM

Why hate the guy? He studies more than any other player. He performs every week. He's an unbelievable talent.

Envy :shrug:

Count Alex's Losses
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM

I don't hate Manning. He's awesome, I agree. It's just ridiculous the lengths the NFL will go to promote him. Why does he deserve to vote on this issue more than some other player?

tk13
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I always thought that 94 Niners team was a bit underrated. It just wasn't one of the great 80's teams, and it was in the middle of the Cowboys dynasty, but that particular team was loaded.

stevieray
11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
but that particular team was loaded.

Isn't that what it really all boils down to? just the right group of coaches and players...

such a hard mountain to climb.

The Bad Guy
11-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't hate Manning. He's awesome, I agree. It's just ridiculous the lengths the NFL will go to promote him. Why does he deserve to vote on this issue more than some other player?

Why not?

He's going to end up as one of the all-time greats. He's a big historian of the game and he's a stand-up guy.

There are much, much worse people the NFL could have picked than Peyton.

pikesome
11-17-2006, 10:04 PM

1. I hate hearing about how great he is. I know its not his fault some of the fellatio but with increased hype comes increased expectations which haven't always been fulfilled. He sure seems to be willing to cash in on his fame.

2. He gets more blame than normal for their continued failure in the playoffs by virtue of his on-field play calling. We constantly hear how his football knowledge is so great. It doesn't seem to be working all that well in the playoffs.

3. He has a bad habit of taking no blame for failures. Even if it isn't his fault, he doesn't seem willing to lead when something goes wrong.

4. He does benefit from some damn fine WRs. It might be all him but I doubt it. In a lot of peoples' minds that detracts from his "greatness".

5. His dad's a prick. I know this isn't his fault either but it just is.

Add all this up and you get why Manning's so disliked. He's good, real good, maybe the best QB for quite a while. But he can't win a playoff game if his life depended on it. Brady has more than one ring with less personal ability and less talent on O. After a while all the "Greatest QB of this Generation" crap needs something more than stats to back it up.