PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever just forgotten about a band

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 08:04 PM
or song?

The idea for the topic hit me last night when I was going through a friends cd's to rip to my computer.Now as some of you know I lost a bunch of albums in a fire way back in '86 and since had either not replaced or had simply forgotten.

Maybe it's not as common for those of you that still have your collections in tact but anyhow back to last night.

I'm browsing through his collection and see BOX OF FROGS and immediately I remember the name but cannot remember anything else.

It was promoted as The Yardbirds reunion and as soon as I was able to play it the memories came flooding back.

The songs Back Where I Started,Harder and Poor Boy were especially awesome to hear after so many years.(It was released in '84)

Anyhow,just thought I'd share as it was truly a great feeling hearing Box Of Frogs again.If you have any similar stories do tell.

Dark Horse
11-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I enjoy eating frog legs if thats in any way relevant.

jlscorpio
11-17-2006, 09:53 PM
How the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks am I supposed to remember what I forgot???

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
How the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks am I supposed to remember what I forgot???

Uh,maybe something jogs your memory.

Baconeater
11-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, I had forgotten about Box of Frogs until you started this thread.

Bowser
11-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Not sure why, but Box of Frogs makes me think of Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Nightwish
11-18-2006, 12:55 AM
While surfing the internet, I came across a few albums that I used to love when I was younger, but had completely forgotten about since I lost my lp collection when it was stolen from my old apartment.

Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse
Slave Raider - Take the World By Storm
Shy - Excess All Areas
45 Grave - Sleep in Safety
Loudness - Thunder in the East
Loudness - Lighting Strikes

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 01:34 AM
coooold turkey has got me......on the run

StcChief
11-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Box of Frogs

Looked for the Torrent no luck.

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Box of Frogs

Looked for the Torrent no luck.

So far all I've found is this 30 second video clip (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2891166318777009720&q=rahman+KM) of Back Where I Started

headsnap
11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Not sure why, but Box of Frogs makes me think of Toad the Wet Sprocket.
your avi makes me think of Toad the Wet Sprocket...

Rock Notes from Monty Python's Contractual Obligations Album

Newscaster:

Rex Stardust, lead electric triangle with Toad the Wet Sprocket has had to have an elbow removed following their recent successful worldwide tour of Finland. Flamboyant ambidextrous Rex apparently fell off the back of a motorcycle. "Fell off the back of a motorcyclist, most likely," quipped ace drummer Jumbo McCluney upon hearing of the accident. Plans are already afoot for a major tour of Iceland.

Braincase
11-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Slade - Run, Run Away...

I remember "Run Runaway" from 1984.

Here, from the early 70's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/1024/slade.jpg

Nightwish
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Slade - Run, Run Away...

I remember "Run Runaway" from 1984.

Here, from the early 70's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/1024/slade.jpgI remember them! That's the band that put Quiet Riot on the map! Slade was one goofy bunch of dudes!

See the chameleon lying there in the sun
All things to everyone, run, run away

Awesome song!

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
While surfing the internet, I came across a few albums that I used to love when I was younger, but had completely forgotten about since I lost my lp collection when it was stolen from my old apartment.

Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse
Slave Raider - Take the World By Storm
Shy - Excess All Areas
45 Grave - Sleep in Safety
Loudness - Thunder in the East
Loudness - Lighting Strikes

I saw Loudness in concert. "Hellwo Kanthas tity, we are Woudness-and we goin to wock your socks off!"

Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Nightwish
11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I saw Loudness in concert. "Hellwo Kanthas tity, we are Woudness-and we goin to wock your socks off!"

Needless to say, I was not impressed.
I've never seen them live, but a friend of mine saw them open for Motley Crue. He said Crue really stole the show, theatrically (which I believe, because I have seen Crue live), but that musically, Loudness blew them off the stage. I know their first few albums really rocked, and Akira Takasaki is one helluva guitarist, one of the best.

alpha_omega
11-20-2006, 05:17 PM
coooold turkey has got me......on the run

Great song...thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!

Nzoner
01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Finally found the video

Box Of Frogs-Back Where I Started (http://tinyurl.com/ypthsc)