PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs - Goats NFLN Ad

FAX
11-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone seen it? I just did for the first time and it's very cool.

So cool, in fact, it deserves its own thread, dang it.

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if overly commercial post.

FAX

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150760&highlight=Gonzalez

Someone posted the video...can't find the thread.

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 07:59 PM
http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/KCChiefs/Movies/TG_Commercial.wmv

FAX
11-17-2006, 07:59 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150760&highlight=Gonzalez

Someone posted the video...can't find the thread.

Is this what yours said, Mr. GoChiefs? ... "I love thanksgiving. Family, Food, Football. And this thanksgiving, everyone's coming to my house. Even my old friends, the Denver Broncos. Everyone comes hungry. As for the Broncos, they better save some room for stuffing."

If so, this one is different. It talks about the Chiefs/donks rivalry.

FAX

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I guess I missed that. It's got Gonzalez?

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/KCChiefs/Movies/TG_Commercial.wmv

Okay. Yes, this one is different, Mr.GoChiefs.

Although, had I been aware that a thread had already been created on the subject, I would have refrained from starting another one.

FAX

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I guess I missed that. It's got Gonzalez?

No. It has LJ and Herm on a treadmill and some other stuff.

It basically makes a big deal out of the rivalry. Very cool.

FAX

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
No. It has LJ and Herm on a treadmill and some other stuff.

It basically makes a big deal out of the rivalry. Very cool.

FAX

Ah, that. Yes, I've seen it. You threw me off with your "Goats" comment.

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Look at this, Mr. Fax. A thread for you and me. Isn't this nice?

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:06 PM
PSSSSTTTTTTTTT.. I'm here also !!

It's been on today about 5 times on the NFL Network..

Cool commercial

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:07 PM
NO!!!! GET OUT!!!!

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Look at this, Mr. Fax. A thread for you and me. Isn't this nice?

Very much so. What would you like to discuss, Mr. GoChiefs?

I'm buying the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX a car for Christmas. The dealership said they can deliver it late Christmas Eve and put a giant red bow on it. I'm getting her a Toyota Highlander and wrapping up the keys.

Do you think Mr. Skip Towne will move on to the big football stadium in the sky tonight?

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:08 PM
NO!!!! GET OUT!!!!

DAMMIT DADDY !!! I WANNA WATCH TO !!!!!!!

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:09 PM

I'm buying the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX a car for Christmas. The dealership said they can deliver it late Christmas Eve and put a giant red bow on it. I'm getting her a Toyota Highlander and wrapping up the keys.

Do you think Mr. Skip Towne will move on to the big football stadium in the sky tonight?

FAX

That's nice, FAX. Hopefully you can FAX her later that night.

I think Skip Towne is fine.

FAX
PSSSSTTTTTTTTT.. I'm here also !!

It's been on today about 5 times on the NFL Network..

Cool commercial

I guess I was just stunned that they would do such a nice commercial featuring the Chiefs, Mr. Pinkfloyd. Normally they reserve that kind of thing for one of the Mannings.

I was so excited that I made a thread.

FAX

PinkFloyd

FAX

That's not funny ----- but on the other hand ----- it's funny...

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I guess I was just stunned that they would do such a nice commercial featuring the Chiefs, Mr. Pinkfloyd. Normally they reserve that kind of thing for one of the Mannings.

I was so excited that I made a thread.

FAX

Kinda shocked me too... For a change it was more about the Chiefs -- and not someother team...

Like the one where Tony talks about people coming to "his" house for Thanksgiving... It leaned more towards the Chiefs...

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:17 PM
That's nice, FAX. Hopefully you can FAX her later that night.

I think Skip Towne is fine.

I hope so. On both counts.

The car is cool. It has a GPS thing that shows you where all the restaurants are. What's funny is that, when I test drove it, the default was McDonalds with little golden arch symbols on the computer map. I'm wondering if McDonalds paid Toyota to do that.

On the Mr. Skip Towne issue, I think that were I to have numbness in my left arm, I would see a doctor. Mr. Skip Towne is smart. I hope he takes the Planet's advice and pursues medical attention.

Perhaps if he knew that, sometimes the nurses like to give you a hand bath, he would change his mind. Once, when I was living in LA, I went to the hospital and a nurse gave me a sponge bath after surgery. I wound up dating her for a month or so. She was extremely tactile.

FAX

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I guess we can let Pinkfloyd play with us. We can play three-cornered catch.

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Kinda shocked me too... For a change it was more about the Chiefs -- and not someother team...

Like the one where Tony talks about people coming to "his" house for Thanksgiving... It leaned more towards the Chiefs...

That's what got me, Mr. Pinkfloyd. We are so often overlooked by the media that I'm surprised to see the beloved Chiefs treated with respect. They did a good job of portraying the rivalry. Made me want to watch the game.

FAX

DaFace
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Boo.

Oh, and what commercial is it? Just an ad for the game with Herm and LJ? I could capture if I can catch it on.

Count Zarth
11-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Great. Now everyone wants a piece of this thread. It's ruined. Bye.

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I guess we can let Pinkfloyd play with us. We can play three-cornered catch.

I had to go piss... My meds are kicking in and I still have 2 more to take before bedtime !!

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Boo.

Oh, and what commercial is it? Just an ad for the game with Herm and LJ? I could capture if I can catch it on.

That would be great, Mr. DaFace.

I can't really describe it other than to say it's a montage of scenes of various players, Herm, etc. and it talks about the importance and history surrounding the rivalry.

I hadn't seen it before, obviously. But, apparently it's on the NFLN a lot.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
That's what got me, Mr. Pinkfloyd. We are so often overlooked by the media that I'm surprised to see the beloved Chiefs treated with respect. They did a good job of portraying the rivalry. Made me want to watch the game.

FAX

NFL Network also had a special tonite on Super Bowl defenses... The Chiefs were the top defense for the 60's !!! I think it was the NFL Network...

DaFace
11-17-2006, 08:24 PM
That would be great, Mr. DaFace.

I can't really describe it other than to say it's a montage of scenes of various players, Herm, etc. and it talks about the importance and history surrounding the rivalry.

I hadn't seen it before, obviously. But, apparently it's on the NFLN a lot.

FAX

I'm leaving for a while, but I'll leave my PC capturing it to a file. If it comes on, I'd appreciate it if one of you guys can note the approximate time and what was going on in terms of the actual show. Let me know and I'll try and find it when I get back later.

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:28 PM
NFL Network also had a special tonite on Super Bowl defenses... The Chiefs were the top defense for the 60's !!! I think it was the NFL Network...

The Chiefs D in the late 60s was truly awesome, Mr. Pinkfloyd.

Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, and Jim Lynch were an amazing linebacking corp.

That team was stacked with tremendous players like Buck Buchanan, Curly Culp (one of my all-time favorites), Jerry Mays, Ernie Ladd (if I'm not mistaken), Johnny Robinson, Emmitt Thomas, etc.

They deserve the recognition.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
The Chiefs D in the late 60s was truly awesome, Mr. Pinkfloyd.

Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, and Jim Lynch were an amazing linebacking corp.

That team was stacked with tremendous players like Buck Buchanan, Curly Culp (one of my all-time favorites), Jerry Mays, Ernie Ladd (if I'm not mistaken), Johnny Robinson, Emmitt Thomas, etc.

They deserve the recognition.

FAX

I just caught the last of it, but it was highlights of when they dismantled the Vikings...

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I just caught the last of it, but it was highlights of when they dismantled the Vikings...

Wish I'd seen it. I'm working late at the office and don't have the cable package that includes the NFLN here.

Mr. Skip Towne was supposed to install a dish for me in exchange for 10 lortabs, but I guess that's out of the question, now.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Wish I'd seen it. I'm working late at the office and don't have the cable package that includes the NFLN here.

Mr. Skip Towne was supposed to install a dish for me in exchange for 10 lortabs, but I guess that's out of the question, now.

FAX

Yeah --- I'm sure the stubborn S.O.B. won't go to the ER tonite...

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah --- I'm sure the stubborn S.O.B. won't go to the ER tonite...

It's a shame, Mr. Pinkfloyd.

I could really use a dish on this building.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:43 PM
You near Memphis Mr. FAX ??? I use to go there every year to participate in softball and bowling tournaments...

FAX
11-17-2006, 08:49 PM
You near Memphis Mr. FAX ??? I use to go there every year to participate in softball and bowling tournaments...

I'm in Nashville, Mr. Pinkfloyd. My son goes to Rhodes in Memphis, though. I go there occasionally to see him and to watch the Grizzlies.

Are you a bowler? That's cool. My older brother was a great bowler. He bowled a 300 while he was in the Navy and got his picture in the paper holding one of his balls.

I've always liked bowling. It's an underrated sport. I think that's because of the shirts.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm in Nashville, Mr. Pinkfloyd. My son goes to Rhodes in Memphis, though. I go there occasionally to see him and to watch the Grizzlies.

Are you a bowler? That's cool. My older brother was a great bowler. He bowled a 300 while he was in the Navy and got his picture in the paper holding one of his balls.

I've always liked bowling. It's an underrated sport. I think that's because of the shirts.

FAX

I love bowling... I have 9 300 games... Didn't really start bowling til 1993... I've won afew tournaments, and use to travel with others and bowl all over the U.S.... Bowl in alot of tournaments here in Missouri...

I loved Memphis... Use to stay at the hotel across the street from Graceland... It had a cool guitar shaped swimming pool...

FAX
11-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I love bowling... I have 9 300 games... Didn't really start bowling til 1993... I've won afew tournaments, and use to travel with others and bowl all over the U.S.... Bowl in alot of tournaments here in Missouri...

I loved Memphis... Use to stay at the hotel across the street from Graceland... It had a cool guitar shaped swimming pool...

9 perfect games? That's amazing. I bow to you, Mr. Pinkfloyd. What an achievement.

Absolutely incredible. I am unaware of how the professional bowling world operates, but you should definately be on the pro circuit if you aren't already. Are there bowling groupies? If there are, I hope they're not pin-shaped.

FAX

PinkFloyd
11-17-2006, 09:09 PM
9 perfect games? That's amazing. I bow to you, Mr. Pinkfloyd. What an achievement.

Absolutely incredible. I am unaware of how the professional bowling world operates, but you should definately be on the pro circuit if you aren't already. Are there bowling groupies? If there are, I hope they're not pin-shaped.

FAX

To be on the pro tour, you need alot of sponsors... Tournaments cost about $1,000 to enter, and I believe you have to carry a 200 average for a full year in a league before they even consider you... Mines over that, but being 41 years old, I'll just stick to the tournaments around here...

Now I can go to a qualifying tournament and pay maybe $200 and get lucky and then bowl with the big boys on TV...

DaFace
11-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Is this the one you're talking about?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdSN1nyBNQU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdSN1nyBNQU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
11-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Face, anyway you can get those two clips of Arrowhead lighting up to me in a higher-res format?

DaFace
11-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Face, anyway you can get those two clips of Arrowhead lighting up to me in a higher-res format?

Hmm...I only capped them at 300k since I was planning on uploading them to YouTube. I can send you the 300k file or I can try and cap it at another time at a higher res.

Count Zarth
11-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Higher would be better. Thanks. :)

DaFace
11-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Still workin on getting the high-res capture of Arrowhead lights blinking. In the meantime, I ended up getting the Tony Gonzales commercial, though. I figured I'd go ahead and post it here. Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCxj2AocND4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCxj2AocND4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

listopencil
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Is this the one you're talking about?

WTF?

Endelt is in at the end of that commercial, wearing a Broncos pullover...

DaFace
11-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Finally got the damn thing in high-res. They're playing shortened versions of the commercial at about every break, but it took forever for them to play the full version again.

Anyway, GoChiefs, you can get it here.

http://download.yousendit.com/26F847D87DF5B2F7

Simply Red
11-18-2006, 09:58 PM

Although, had I been aware that a thread had already been created on the subject, I would have refrained from starting another one.

FAX

No, No, no refraining. Nice thread. I saw it for the first time today and it was refreshing to see a little confidence spoken by our boys.

LaBamba
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM

FAX

Sr. fax es un buen hombre. Pienso que Úl es muy divertido a veces.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Fax you have lost your burst-take a long break, work on your limericks-and come back with something relevant-you bore us now-you have fallen so far my friend...,.. sad really......but so is l,ife

blueballs
11-19-2006, 08:55 AM
you calling someone a bore

milkman
11-19-2006, 08:59 AM
you calling someone a bore

Ironic, iisn't it.

Fax is still one of the best.

FAX
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Fax you have lost your burst-take a long break, work on your limericks-and come back with something relevant-you bore us now-you have fallen so far my friend...,.. sad really......but so is l,ife

You're right about my burst, Mr. Halfcan. I knew it was bad when I heard the pop.

As for the limerics, I stopped writing them for purely personal reasons because I wanted to become a prose poster. But, here's one for you.

There once was a poster whose wit
Was sharp as a broken drill bit
His name is Halfcan
And he's one half gay-man
And the other half is full of shit

FAX

DaFace
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
There once was a poster whose wit
Was sharp as a broken drill bit
His name is Halfcan
And he's one half gay-man
And the other half is full of shit

FAX

Somehow, ROFL just doesn't do this one justice.

NUMBER7
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Finally got the damn thing in high-res. They're playing shortened versions of the commercial at about every break, but it took forever for them to play the full version again.

Anyway, GoChiefs, you can get it here.

http://download.yousendit.com/26F847D87DF5B2F7
Nice work Mr. DaFace.:clap:

Rain Man
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
You're right about my burst, Mr. Halfcan. I knew it was bad when I heard the pop.

As for the limerics, I stopped writing them for purely personal reasons because I wanted to become a prose poster. But, here's one for you.

I didn't think it was prose so much as fragments of an epic poem.