PDA

View Full Version : Do the Chiefs play on EVERY thanksgiving now?

SLAG
11-17-2006, 09:40 PM
I know lamar was wanting this for a LONG LONG TIME

do we play now EVERY THANKS GIVING?

http://www.pregamehalftime.com/images/headers/ThanksgivingNFL.jpg

Dartgod
11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
No. The Thanksgiving night game will be different teams every year.

cdcox
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Every day that the Chiefs play is Thanksgiving. I love football season. When I look at the schedule and see how few games are remaining it makes me sad. It seams like the season has just started. The off season lasts forever. I treasure every Chiefs game. Well, maybe not the Philadelphia game last year. Or the Giants game. The Pittsburgh game this year was pretty sad too. But even these disasters are better than no Chiefs footaball at all.

Guru
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I know lamar was wanting this for a LONG LONG TIME

do we play now EVERY THANKS GIVING?

http://www.pregamehalftime.com/images/headers/ThanksgivingNFL.jpg
That would be awesome, but no.

VonneMarie
11-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Who says they won't?

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2006, 09:51 PM
That would be awesome, but no.
It wouldn't be awesome for those of us who don't have NFLN.

Nzoner
11-17-2006, 09:52 PM
When I look at the schedule and see how few games are remaining it makes me sad. It seams like the season has just started.

Agreed and hopefully in my lifetime that regular season schedule for KC will end up expanding to the Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I doubt the Chiefs get it every year, but it will be an AFC team.

KChiefs1
11-17-2006, 10:21 PM
I thought Lamar Hunt was working on this?

thedude
11-17-2006, 10:29 PM
It damn well better be every year. Im happy that I dont have to sit around doing nothing Thanksgiving night like usual, and I can watch a game, and maybe sneak some beers. Cableman comin tomorrow to give me the N!

pr_capone
11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
screw that noise... my wifes family would skin me alive if I took their daughter away for thanksgiving every year.

One time and out.... lets do this again 10 years from now.

thedude
11-17-2006, 10:41 PM
screw that noise... my wifes family would skin me alive if I took their daughter away for thanksgiving every year.

One time and out.... lets do this again 10 years from now.

Hell no!

You wouldn't be wrong to dump her and live with Mr. Lamar Hunt.

we want the thanksgiving games!! F'in DETROIT gets to play. Let me remind how much they suck.

Guru
11-17-2006, 10:41 PM
It wouldn't be awesome for those of us who don't have NFLN.

Well, yeah, there is that too. I live close enough to KC that I get the OTA allowed broadcast.

Hopefully, there will be enough pressure put on the NFL from fans and media outlets to get NFLN to quit charging outrageous fees to the cable outlets which gets it put on the digital tier to pass the buck to the consumer..

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, yeah, there is that too. I live close enough to KC that I get the OTA allowed broadcast.

Hopefully, there will be enough pressure put on the NFL from fans and media outlets to get NFLN to quit charging outrageous fees to the cable outlets which gets it put on the digital tier to pass the buck to the consumer..
Peh. Like the NFL gives a shit about the fans.

Yes. I'm bitter. :mad:

Guru
11-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Peh. Like the NFL gives a shit about the fans.

Yes. I'm bitter. :mad:

don't blame ya one bit either. The EA NFL deal pissed me off. Then this NFLN crap really put me over the top.

StcChief
11-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Just plan on different games.....

I would like this old NFL/NFC tradition ended with Detriot and Dallas.

Start splitting it up between all teams.

Adding a night game for AFC begins it.

Jayhawkerman2001
11-17-2006, 11:21 PM
lamar wasnt really bitching to get the chiefs a thanksgiving game, he was more bitching to make it different teams each year to make it more interesting.