PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Rod Gardner?

DJ_is_the_realdeal
11-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Can anyone tell me why they are not getting Gardner involved? He is a big target and can catch the ball. They can sit down Dante and put Jeff Webb in his place for returns and Gardner in his spot for third receiver. Shit, Herm could put Gardner in Parkers spot and put Parker in the slot.

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 09:56 AM
there is a reason the due has been cut like 10 times. He has the skills but I think his football knowledge and instinct is lacking

Mr. Laz
11-18-2006, 09:56 AM
i've seen him playing ...... don't know why he hasn't been catching anything.

i think so far they have only used him for his size to block.

milkman
11-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Who?

I'm being facetious

StcChief
11-18-2006, 09:58 AM
All this may change this week with Trent behind Center.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
11-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Thats to bad. The dude can catch the ball. You would think that these guys football knowledge would be great since they have played most of their lives. He could really help!

CupidStunt
11-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Apparently Dropsie Parker is more of an asset to our offense.

OctoberFart
11-18-2006, 10:16 AM
He sucks, why do you think he bounced around the league.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Just blows my mind, We see all the glaring problems with the Chiefs and Herm cant see them and correct them?

Good thing none of use are coaches in the NFL, I doubt we could field a team that would be competitive.

el borracho
11-18-2006, 10:50 AM
DV never plays rookies.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Just blows my mind, We see all the glaring problems with the Chiefs and Herm cant see them and correct them?

Good thing none of use are coaches in the NFL, I doubt we could field a team that would be competitive.
alot of the problems have to be fixed during the offseason through the player personal dept.

we just don't know who the problem is

Herman? Carl? Scouts? All of the above?

our drafts have be better lately ..... was the Dick vermeil?

:shrug:

outside looking in .... we can't tell who is responsible, especially with as deceptive as the chiefs FO likes to be.

CoMoChief
11-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Damn, where's Snoop Minnis when ya need 'em

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 11:11 AM
alot of the problems have to be fixed during the offseason through the player personal dept.

we just don't know who the problem is

Herman? Carl? Scouts? All of the above?

our drafts have be better lately ..... was the Dick vermeil?

:shrug:

outside looking in .... we can't tell who is responsible, especially with as deceptive as the chiefs FO likes to be.

I would say all of the above. But dont forget Lamar, He is more worried about extorting money out of KC then he is fielding a championship team...

You want proof? Carl is still here on year what of his 5 year plan?

But arrowhead sells out, so why invest heavily into something that is already giving you a lucrative return?

Fans are worried about W's/L's/Superbowls, owners are worried about Profit/Loss.

blueballs
11-18-2006, 11:51 AM
to do list
a suggestion box for Chiefs thread

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Damn, where's Snoop Minnis when ya need 'em

Parker is like 2 pounds heavier than Snoop.

Why won't these guys committ to their profession and get in the weightroom in the offseason?

I know it's too late for Snoop, but Samie still has some time...maybe...

milkman
11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Parker is like 2 pounds heavier than Snoop.

Why won't these guys committ to their profession and get in the weightroom in the offseason?

I know it's too late for Snoop, but Samie still has some time...maybe...

Sammie is 5'11", 190.
Snoop Minnis was 6' 1", 170.
He was alos slow as molasses.

For further reference, Marvin Harrison is 6'0, 185.

For receivers it's not about size.
It's about talent.

Harrison gets open, and catches the ball.

Sammis is fast.
If he could get open and catch the ball, we'd have something.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Sammie is 5'11", 190.

It's about talent.

Sammis is fast.

No way Sammie and Harrison weigh that much. Those numbers are always exaggerated by the teams.

Kerberos
11-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Sammie is 5'11", 190.

It's about talent.

Sammis is fast.

Now there is a concept.... a reciever that can get open AND catch a pass!!

I think you are on to something BIG here. :hmmm: And I was here .. I saw it happen... you picked the idea right out of the air and put it in your pocket. Might I say genious? Noooo ... but brilliant none the less.

milkman
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
No way Sammie and Harrison weigh that much. Those numbers are always exaggerated by the teams.

Whether they weigh that much is academic.
The fact is, Minnis was a skinnyass muther that makes them look like the Hulk, by comparison.

milkman
11-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Now there is a concept.... a reciever that can get open AND catch a pass!!

I think you are on to something BIG here. :hmmm: And I was here .. I saw it happen... you picked the idea right out of the air and put it in your pocket. Might I say genious? Noooo ... but brilliant none the less.

I was making a point.

Sammie and Harrison are comparable, in terms of size.

The difference is talent, and probably commitment to their job.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Whether they weigh that much is academic.
The fact is, Minnis was a skinnyass muther that makes them look like the Hulk, by comparison.

Yeah, I just don't think Sammie gets it. I mean, the guy celebrates after catched a 5 yard pass. That is sad. If he committed, there is no doubt he could be dangerous, but that is the difference between a pro bowler, and a nobody.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I would say all of the above. But dont forget Lamar, He is more worried about extorting money out of KC then he is fielding a championship team...

You want proof? Carl is still here on year what of his 5 year plan?

But arrowhead sells out, so why invest heavily into something that is already giving you a lucrative return?

Fans are worried about W's/L's/Superbowls, owners are worried about Profit/Loss.

I find it interesting that people think Lamar isn't willing to lose money on the Chiefs, when he already has.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I find it interesting that people think Lamar isn't willing to lose money on the Chiefs, when he already has.

Since 1990, when has Lamar lost money on the Chiefs?

In the last 16 years, the NFL has exploded in $$$$$ All owners win or lose are making a killing.

Agian, Lamar is more worried about $$$ then he is wins and losses....

Remember were fans not owners....

stevieray
11-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Since 1990, when has Lamar lost money on the Chiefs?

Agian, Lamar is more worried about $$$ then he is wins and losses....

Every time they don't make the playoffs.

You honestly think he doesn't want to win another SB before he dies, or at least hold up the trophy with his name on it one time?

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Every time they don't make the playoffs.

You honestly think he doesn't want to win another SB before he dies, or at least hold up the trophy with his name on it one time?

I guess it is kind of a give and take huh? You have to spend money to make money.

But if remember correctly, Marty had the Chiefs in the playoffs how many years in a row and what 10 out of 13 years. So I dont buy the playoff bit...

I think it is risk vs reward. High risk, by signing high profile players and making a serious push at a high cost.

OR

Low risk, where we are now, doing just enough to keep the fans coming out and spending $6 a beer. Giving them hope and not really gambling on taking a risk to win it all, but hoping it happens?

Lamar didnt become a millionare by being stupid. He knows exactly what he is doing with the Chiefs and the city of KC. I am sure he has worked hard at becoming that wealthy, therefore he isnt going to risk alot of $$$ on trying to build a championship team, when he can enjoy the high rewards of the dedication of KC and the fan base, by just spending enough.

milkman
11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I guess it is kind of a give and take huh? You have to spend money to make money.

But if remember correctly, Marty had the Chiefs in the playoffs how many years in a row and what 10 out of 13 years. So I dont buy the playoff bit...

I think it is risk vs reward. High risk, by signing high profile players and making a serious push at a high cost.

OR

Low risk, where we are now, doing just enough to keep the fans coming out and spending $6 a beer. Giving them hope and not really gambling on taking a risk to win it all, but hoping it happens?

Lamar didnt become a millionare by being stupid. He knows exactly what he is doing with the Chiefs and the city of KC. I am sure he has worked hard at becoming that wealthy, therefore he isnt going to risk alot of $$$ on trying to build a championship team, when he can enjoy the high rewards of the dedication of KC and the fan base, by just spending enough.

The Chiefs haven't failed to win a Championship because they've refused to spend moey.

They've failed because they have drafted poorly, and made some stupid decisions in the playoffs (read Martyocre mentality).

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The Chiefs haven't failed to win a Championship because they've refused to spend moey.

They've failed because they have drafted poorly, and made some stupid decisions in the playoffs (read Martyocre mentality).

Agreed, But if Carl was failing at making Lamar money then Lamar would step in and remove Carl from his position. Right?

Who is ultimately responsible for the performance of the team and the finanical income of the team? Carl..

So if the team is preforming terriblely and they are making bad draft decisions, but filling the stands of Arrowhead and the pocketbooks of the Hunts. What do you do?

Agian, we fans care about wins and losses, the Hunts do care about w's/l's to a certian extint, but I promise you that if Carl started to cost the Hunts serious $$$ and Arrowhead attendance started to slip. You will see a change regardless of w's and L's.

No doubt Lamars drive to win a championship, I just feel it is far down the list for the chiefs where the bottom line is King. Lamar is a business man first, fan second.

milkman
11-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Agreed, But if Carl was failing at making Lamar money then Lamar would step in and remove Carl from his position. Right?

Who is ultimately responsible for the performance of the team and the finanical income of the team? Carl..

So if the team is preforming terriblely and they are making bad draft decisions, but filling the stands of Arrowhead and the pocketbooks of the Hunts. What do you do?

Agian, we fans care about wins and losses, the Hunts do care about w's/l's to a certian extint, but I promise you that if Carl started to cost the Hunts serious $$$ and Arrowhead attendance started to slip. You will see a change regardless of w's and L's.

No doubt Lamars drive to win a championship, I just feel it is far down the list for the chiefs where the bottom line is King. Lamar is a business man first, fan second.

The fact remains, you're assertion that Carl, and Lamar, haven't spent money is blatantly false.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 03:28 PM
The fact remains, you're assertion that Carl, and Lamar, haven't spent money is blatantly false.

Of course they spend money. You wouldnt be able to field a team if they didnt spend money...

All I am saying is, Use fans are more worried about W's/L's, while Carl and Lamar would like to win a championship, but they are more worried about making a huge profit then they are winning a championship.

milkman
11-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Of course they spend money. You wouldnt be able to field a team if they didnt spend money...

All I am saying is, Use fans are more worried about W's/L's, while Carl and Lamar would like to win a championship, but they are more worried about making a huge profit then they are winning a championship.

Any owner that doesn't worry about the bottom line isn't an owner for long.

But think about how long Jack Steadman held the job.

If Lamar was all about the bottom line, he would have canned Steadman years before he did.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Lamar is a business man first, fan second.

Being a fan made him go into this business. There isn't one person on this board who is a bigger fan of the Chiefs than Lamar.

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Gardner sucks, thats why.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I remember when we signed him the radio guys had this to say about him:

You look at the guy and hes got all the physical tools and you wonder why hes not a superstar??

They theory is that hes got a 2 cent head and cant pick up playbooks?? He did have a 1000 yard recieving season 3 or 4 years ago so hes capable....but who knows? Hes probably just not motivated enough to be a top caliber WR. Believe it or alot of guys just play the game because its just a job that pays well. They dont really love it all that much. I think Sims is one of those guys as well.

OctoberFart
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM

You look at the guy and hes got all the physical tools and you wonder why hes not a superstar??

They theory is that hes got a 2 cent head and cant pick up playbooks?? He did have a 1000 yard recieving season 3 or 4 years ago so hes capable....but who knows? Hes probably just not motivated enough to be a top caliber WR. Believe it or alot of guys just play the game because its just a job that pays well. They dont really love it all that much. I think Sims is one of those guys as well.
Try David Terrell he has all the tools.

DaWolf
11-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Sammie is 5'11", 190.

It's about talent.

Sammis is fast.

Let's throw in Santana Moss: 5'10", 190lbs

HMc
11-19-2006, 05:20 AM

Which is like any job really, not everyone wants to be the best at what they do, some just want to pay the mortgage.

Otter
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Funny Snoop should be brought up, I've read that Rod Gardner and Snoop Minnis share the same problem in NFL success: they're both as dumb as rocks.

When Snoop was drafted he came up as a subject in a conversation. One of my very close friends brother had a class or two at FSU with Snoop and he said he was dumb, as in boarder line retarded dumb.

I've read it put kindly in local papers when he was with Washington that Gardner is the same way.