PDA

View Full Version : Do you all have lives?

ChiefsFanatic
01-17-2001, 08:12 PM
I would enjoy this board much more if there were more timely posts. Is there a Chiefs chat room that anyone visits on a regular basis? I like free flowing chat. It is easier to get into intelligent conversations that way.

I have never been very good at writing posts that people respond to.

ChiefsFanatic does not have a life, just 2 kids.

Raiderhader
01-17-2001, 08:32 PM
CF,
there is the chat at http://www.chiefsplanet.com/chat/ that you can go to. But every time I go there is no one on. Some of the other posters told me you have to let people know you are going. Personaly I prefer the BB style because 1) I am not a fast typer and, 2) I am a single minded guy (alright, no jokes you guys. I can already see I shouldn't have typed that) and it is easier for me to follow the slower conversation on the BB.

The story on me is I have no life. That is the story anyways.

administrator
01-17-2001, 08:37 PM
raiderhader,

Thanks for mentioning the Chat section...

Would it be easier if I added a link on each page to the chat?

--Kyle

Raiderhader
01-17-2001, 08:43 PM
Kyle,
YES! Absolutely. Infact I have wondered why there wasn't one. Speaking of wich, did that email thing ever get going (shows you how in touch I am)? If so you might want to put a link up for that.

administrator
01-17-2001, 08:47 PM
raiderhader,

Yeah, the email thing works...but I haven't had a chance to automate the sign-up process. I'll get it going as soon as I can.

I'll add the chat link in the next couple of days.

--Kyle

Raiderhader
01-17-2001, 08:50 PM
Kyle,
in other words no one is using it yet? That's cool. And it is no biggy about the link. I know I made it look like it, but that was just because I never understood why there wasn't one. Thanks

ChiefsFanatic
01-17-2001, 08:54 PM
RH,

You are right, there was noone there. I ahte to say it, but that is the one thing I miss about AOL, the football chatrooms. You could always count on some great smack in those rooms. It was fun.

but now I have a cable modem, so all is good.

Raiderhader
01-17-2001, 08:57 PM
CF, you can try ESPN. You can become a member and they have chats and BBs. I go there from time to time for the college football chat. It is worth a try anyways.

morphius
01-17-2001, 09:05 PM
Kyle - I think I would add a link to the chat room on the Chiefs Planet Home Page, it seems to make the most sense to me.

Sorry to hear that your moving, but congrats on the move and hope everything goes for the best.

administrator
01-17-2001, 09:14 PM
morphius,

Will do.

Ok...guys...I'm outta here.

I have to go and fulfill my drinkin' quota for the evening.

--Kyle

~trying to get it all done before the big migration!

Mark M
01-18-2001, 07:03 AM
No, I have no life.

But since I mainly post at work, a chat wouldn't work great for me. And when I get home I like to spend quality time with the Mrs. (she doesn't mind me on here every once in a while, but, when I do log on at home, I have a tendency to be there all night). Every once and a while, though, it would be cool to try. I've never been in a chat room (seriously. I'm new to this stuff). Hell, this is the only BB I'm on!

MM
~~Faithful to the planet.

58Forever
01-18-2001, 08:15 AM
Chat don't work at work...occasionally I even do some work so there are times when I might not get to look at the BB for an hour or so...a response every hour or so wouldn't exactly make for "flowing" conversation...

And half the time you have to go to other sites to look up some inane stat posted by someone like packfan so you can prove him right or wrong chat just doesn't work...

And to answer your question, my life begins at 5:00

Bob Dole
01-18-2001, 09:03 AM
You mean this isn't real life?

JOhn
01-18-2001, 11:29 AM
Yes I do have somewhat of a life, hence my spotty posting.
Actually that is due to a comprimise with the wife. For approx 16 weeks I'm allowed to lose myself in the NFL, but the rest of the year I'm hers. So during the off season I only post when I have actual free time.

Counting down the days to 2001 KICK-OFF :D

TheFly
01-18-2001, 11:36 AM
No, I'm married...
:(