PDA

View Full Version : Moss drops another bombshell

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Moss dropped this latest bombshell three hours or so before the Raiders boarded a plane for Kansas City in anticipation of their game against the Chiefs on Sunday (http://tinyurl.com/yklqnd)

I love this :D

Moss looking for a trade
He tells Fox radio that "moving somewhere else next year" might be best
By Steve Corkran
CONTRA COSTA TIMES

Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss is "tired" of the frustration he feels playing for a team that has won only six of 25 games since he joined the team before last season and is interested in being traded, he said on his weekly radio spot Friday.

Moss is in his second season with the Raiders and hasn't managed to recapture the magic he showed for most of his seven seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

"It's done sort of set in, man, and I'm tired of it," Moss said on Fox Sports radio. "I might want to look forward to moving somewhere else next year to have another start and really feel good about going out here and playing football."

Moss dropped this latest bombshell three hours or so before the Raiders boarded a plane for Kansas City in anticipation of their game against the Chiefs on Sunday, and four days after he attributed his dropping so many passes this season to his being unhappy.

Raiders coach Art Shell spoke with the media less than an hour before Moss' latest outburst. He was asked if he had spoken with Moss about the comments Moss made Monday afternoon.

"I said what I had to say in the paper," Shell said. "I'm sure he reads the paper. I don't have to say things. Again, guys make statements. I'm not sure they realize what they're saying at the time, or how it looks. I think by the end of the day, they're a little remorseful about it."

Moss, 29, leads the Raiders in receptions, receiving yardage and touchdowns. However, he is on pace for fewer than 1,000 yards -- in a season in which he plays all 16 games -- for the first time in his nine-year career.

Moss said Monday that "I might not be able to do the things I used to do back in the day." That doesn't mean he doesn't care. He said he cares "110 percent."

"I would invite somebody to come in and put the 18 jersey on, see what we go through on a weekly basis and then expect to go out there and perform at our highest level," Moss said Friday. "I guess that's what people see on game day, but they don't see what's behind closed doors through the week."

His drop in production can be traced to groin, rib and back injuries he sustained against the San Diego Chargers in the Raiders' fifth game last season.

He had 19 receptions for 466 yards and two touchdowns in Oakland's first four games last season. He finished with 60 catches for 1,005 yards and eight touchdowns in 16 games. His average yardage dropped from 24.5 per catch to 13.1 after his injury. He is at 13.8 on his 33 receptions this season.

Moss put part of the blame on quarterbacks Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter, saying they aren't always in sync in terms of things such as timing and where he wants the ball delivered.

"A lot of it has to do with ... the timing of me and the quarterback," Moss said.

The rest, he said, stems from an offensive philosophy by coordinator Tom Walsh that lacks an effective rushing attack and the kind of short passes that make it possible for Moss and other receivers to be effective on intermediate and deep passing routes.

Moss still has two years left on his contract. He joined the Raiders in a trade that cost the Raiders the rights to the No. 7 pick and a seventh-round selection in the 2005 NFL draft, as well as middle linebacker Napoleon Harris.

The Raiders would have to trade Moss after the season or release him at any time for him to play elsewhere. Releasing Moss wouldn't require a significant salary-cap hit.

Shell and Raiders players could not be reached for comment because they were en route to Kansas City. Shell said Friday morning that he doesn't have a problem with his players speaking out, as long as they don't cross the line.

"You go too far, and I have to respond," Shell said.

Notes: Starting left offensive tackle Robert Gallery (groin) and starting center Jake Grove (elbow) "looked good" Friday, Shell said, and are expected to play Sunday. ... Shell said he still hasn't decided whether to start Brooks or Walter on Sunday. He said he wants to view more videotape before making his decision. Brooks and Walter split time with the first-team offense in practice this week. Brooks started Oakland's first two games. Walter started the past seven, while Brooks recovered from a pectoral strain he sustained Sept. 17. ... Chiefs coach Herman Edwards is impressed with the play of Raiders defensive tackle Warren Sapp. "Their defense is really playing well, especially old 99," Edwards said in a conference call with Bay Area media Wednesday. "(Sapp's) a guy I am very familiar with. He was down in Tampa with us. It is good to see him playing good. He looks like he is having fun again and he is playing well." Edwards coached the defensive backs for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1996-2000, when Sapp was carving out a name for himself as one of the game's premier defensive players.

Sure-Oz
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
You know if he wanted a trade, he should've showed up with a prof. attitude and performed, then he might get traded, but not many teams will take a chance on him, well maybe the cowboys!

PinkFloyd
11-18-2006, 04:09 PM
You know if he wanted a trade, he should've showed up with a prof. attitude and performed, then he might get traded, but not many teams will take a chance on him, well maybe the cowboys!

Carl will ....

stevieray
11-18-2006, 04:09 PM
so much talent wasted on pride.

milkman
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Carl will ....

No he won't.

milkman
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
so much talent wasted on a dumbass.

FYP.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Carl will ....

That I doubt... The last time that happened, we experienced the monday night melt down and Marty being released.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 04:14 PM
FYP.

not much of a difference.

the Talking Can
11-18-2006, 04:16 PM
total ****ing loser

total ****ing child

KcMizzou
11-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Dose anyone else get the feeling that the guy just doesn't like football that much in the first place?

Maybe he should just take his money and go away.

CupidStunt
11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
No way he gets traded.

Even if Al - the stubborn old git that he is - was to cater to Moss' wishes, no team will offer what Davis thinks Moss is worth.

CHIEF4EVER
The last time he was worth talking about he had C squared to keep him straight. He has been worthless since going to Chokeland.

milkman
not much of a difference.

If he had any pride, he would try to perform at his highest level possible.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 04:21 PM
If he had any pride, he would try to perform at his highest level possible.

too much pride prevents him from achieving that.

milkman
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
too much pride prevents him from achieving that.

We'll have to disagree.

DaFace
11-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I like what I'm seeing with Randy Moss and the Raiders.

Bugeater
11-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Cool, nothing like a nice distraction before the game.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 04:29 PM
We'll have to disagree.

ok

:rockon:

VonneMarie
11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Um, is it really a bombshell if he's been saying it all season? :spock:

PinkFloyd
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
No he won't.

I know... Just wanted to see some reactions !!! :p

milkman
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I know... Just wanted to see some reactions !!! :p

Then **** you, you dumbass, crackho sniffing, donkey licker.

How's that for a reaction?

:)

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
next stop canton

Nzoner
11-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Um, is it really a bombshell if he's been saying it all season? :spock:

It's an Oakland reporter what do you expect?

CHIEF4EVER
11-18-2006, 04:52 PM
It's an Oakland reporter what do you expect?
Orange jumpsuit, leg irons and a larger than normal police prescence? :shrug:

Skip Towne
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
That I doubt... The last time that happened, we experienced the monday night melt down and Marty being released.
Yeah, Marty was released right after Carl drafted Blackledge.

Bwana
11-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Moss = 10 cent head.

milkman
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Moss = 10 cent head.

That expensive?

Damn inflation! :cuss:

trndobrd
11-18-2006, 06:19 PM
I would love to see Al Davis give Randy Moss the "Marcus Allen treatment" and just let him rot away on the bench for the next two years.

Calcountry
11-18-2006, 06:22 PM
You know if he wanted a trade, he should've showed up with a prof. attitude and performed, then he might get traded, but not many teams will take a chance on him, well maybe the cowboys!They should line him up as #2 receiver opposite TO, then tell them both to do a crossing pattern over the middle and throw the ball so that they smak head on into one another.

Calcountry
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
I would love to see Al Davis give Randy Moss the "Marcus Allen treatment" and just let him rot away on the bench for the next two years.After they signed him, they had a clip of him on the radio promoting the Raiders. They ran it over and over and over.

Moss sayin, "I am committed to excellence and I just wanna win baby. "

ROFLROFLROFL:deevee:

C-Mac
11-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I like what I'm seeing with Randy Moss and the Raiders.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
11-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I would love to see Al Davis give Randy Moss the "Marcus Allen treatment" and just let him rot away on the bench for the next two years.

That would be nice only if Moss would do for the Chiefs what Allen did for us.

CoMoChief
11-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Philly would take him. heh.

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
I wonder when Moss will get an Official sex change-he already is the biggest crybaby biatch in the NFL.

slappyhappy
11-18-2006, 07:31 PM
..."It's done sort of set in, man, and I'm tired of it," Moss said on Fox Sports radio. "I might want to look forward to moving somewhere else next year to have another start and really feel good about going out here and playing football."...

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: Poor baby! My heart is really bleeding for him LMAO

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
It's really quite understandable. He plays for the Raiders, after all.

Maybe Herm can straighten him out.

KCJohnny
11-18-2006, 09:31 PM
It would not be a bad thing to bring him here. Trent will be 37 next year and Moss will give him another weapon. He has about 2-4 seasons left in him in the right situation. It sure worked for Andre Rison and Derrick Alexander...