PDA

View Full Version : I Wish We Were Facing Walter Instead Of Brooks...

RINGLEADER
11-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Not that Brooks is much better but at least it gives the Raiders something - however slim - to rally around. I just don't like how Gunther scales back our pressure when we play QBs prone to sacks/turnovers and fear a repeat with Brooks. Walter would have been lucky to move the ball 100 yards.

NaptownChief
11-18-2006, 06:27 PM
That is like saying I would rather fight a 90 pound guy without a right arm instead of a 92 pound guy without a left....

It shouldn't matter and if it does shame on the Chiefs.

CupidStunt
11-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Don't care about the rally around part, but Brooks is better than Walter on the basis that he isn't the WORST QB in the NFL. Maybe second- or third-worst, but that's it.

Damn it, Art!

Deberg_1990
11-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Brooks should be good for at least 2 INT's at Arrowhead. It honestly doesnt matter much. Brooks and Walters are both bottom of the NFL barrel. I cant believe The Raiders passed on Leinert?? But im glad they did.....

Jayhawkerman2001
11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
You're joking right? Im almost glad we're playing against brooks.... He's one of the biggest idiots when it comes to quarterbacks.

TEX
11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Brooks should be good for at least 2 INT's at Arrowhead. It honestly doesnt matter much. Brooks and Walters are both bottom of the NFL barrel. I cant believe The Raiders passed on Leinert?? But im glad they did.....

True, but Brooks can scramble if need be. Walters can't. That's the only reason I'd rather be facing Walters.

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Brooks will be meat on a stick for our defense.

NaptownChief
11-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Brooks is terrible to start with...now he is terrible and rusty. If we lose to him we deserve a fate worse than the plague.

siberian khatru
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM
The only way we lose is if we play like complete shit. And if we play like complete shit, we deserve to lose.

OctoberFart
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I sense nervous mulletheads.

KCJohnny
11-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Conventional wisdom:

Oakland will sign Damon Huard in the offseason.
Remember this guy?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/Gannon.jpg

milkman
11-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Conventional wisdom:

Oakland will sign Damon Huard in the offseason.
Remember this guy?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/Gannon.jpg

No.

Simply Red
11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
something is telling me we really shouldn't worry. But the other is better than Brooks, I totally agree. Hopefully we won't have any major setbacks.

MGRS13
11-19-2006, 02:39 AM
um...last time we played Brooks he beat us. Much rather face the young kid.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Brooks is terrible to start with...now he is terrible and rusty. If we lose to him we deserve a fate worse than the plague.

I said that last week about Harrington and the Dolphins. Don't be shocked if we lose this game.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 02:49 AM
F#ck Brooks, F#ck the no good jail bird Faders, F3ck the world.

BigRock
11-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Few of the Raiders seem to care anymore, so I doubt we have to worry about them rallying around Brooks. Didn't Moss say earlier this season that he wanted Walter over Brooks anyway? Getting Brooks back probably won't snap him out of his bad mood. And if their line keeps playing like it has and they keep having the QB drop back over and over despite it, Peyton Manning could be their starter and it probably wouldn't make much difference.

But what worries me about them on offense is the injuries we have on D. As bad as the Raiders' line has been, they showed last week against the Broncos that it'll at least take something resembling a pass rush to get pressure. The Broncos hardly have one and only got 3 sacks. I think Seattle had 3 sacks about 7 seconds into the game on the Monday before.

With DJ out, if Tamba is still slowed down by his injury then we probably won't get to the QB anymore than Denver did. With those two hurt, we seemed to get gashed on the run worse than usual last week, too. That could leave some things open for them. Luckily for us, they haven't exactly shown that they can take advantage of that too often this season.

My other worry would be giving them a short field if our line plays as bad as it did last week. When Huard first came in against the Bengals, he was so rusty he was fumbling nearly every time he got touched. Hopefully Trent can avoid the same if they get after him.

As long as we can protect the ball, I think we'll be okay. I can't imagine their offense suddenly coming to life right out of the clear blue sky, no matter who starts at QB.

Lonewolf Ed
11-19-2006, 04:05 AM

It wasn't just Brooks. The Faiders' O-line is awful. Brooks had better protection in Nawlins when they beat KC. And didn't KC have the Greg Robinson read-and-react-way-too-late defense? (shudder)

wazu
11-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Brooks was able to put up numbers and do some damage with Joe Horn for a number of years in New Orleans. To me the two aren't even comparable. Brooks is inconsistent, but inconsistent means some days he is on fire.

CupidStunt
11-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Brooks is infinitely better than Walter.

That's how bad Walter is. I'm so glad he might be the Raiders' QBOTF.

kcfanXIII
11-19-2006, 07:13 AM
arrowhead eats young qb's alive. thatbeing said, i couldn't stop laughing when the faiders signed brooks, and have been looking forward to this game since. brooks or walter, the raiders offense sucks and should struggle.
the comparison to last week is not really valid. miami's defense is better, and ronnie brown will be a pro bowler when miami's team as a whole improves. lamont jordan is not a pro bowler and is no match for the speed the chiefs have on defense.

StcChief
11-19-2006, 07:47 AM

NO Saints in their house. Brooks was a better QB with a better team at home then.

Not the new and unimproved Silver and Lack Faiders.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow , Ringleader. I bow down to you. Just as you predicted.......