PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate Keyaron Fox

elvomito
11-20-2006, 03:54 AM
So, does he replace Bell when DJ comes back?

Performance:

vs Mia (road)
Fox - 6 tackles 3 assists
Bell - 0 tackles 1 assist

vs Oak: (home)
Fox - 8 tackles
Bell - 2 tackles

edit:

vs denver (home)
Fox - 6 tackles 1 assist
Bell - 4 tackles 0 assist

vs cleveland (road)
Fox - 8 tackles 4 assists 1 sack
Bell - 2 tackles 1 assist

KurtCobain
11-20-2006, 04:07 AM
yes.

he should

CupidStunt
11-20-2006, 04:34 AM
Bell stinks so probably but those tackle stats are misleading. Fox didn't seem very good to me in yesterdays game.

donkhater
11-20-2006, 06:19 AM
they are playing two different positions, technically. Besides, just because he's made more tackles, doesn't mean the offense isn't having success against him. Hell, they may be game-planning to his side of the field and as a result, he gets more opportunities to tackle.

boogblaster
11-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Bell sucks...Fox is lost....

dj56dt58
11-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Fox can and will improve..Bell will continue to suck

MOhillbilly
11-20-2006, 09:10 AM
i think next year for sure, after he has had time to digest the speed of the game and watch tape.

he seems to be outta position alot.

carlos3652
11-20-2006, 09:57 AM
In practice Fox sucks, he doesnt tackle very well either...

I think Fox will get better, but for now Bell is the better option.

I think the reason we do not see Bell often in the game is because the ball usually moves to DJ's side. These D stats can be misleading...

BigChiefFan
11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
The Bell bashing is ridiculous-he was ****ing injured last year, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good witch hunt. He also has knocked some players dead in their tracks this year, but again ignore that, as well.

jspchief
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Perfect example of how misleading stats can be.

Fox is around the ball a lot, but his tackling sucks. I'm not sure he's a huge upgrade over Bell. Maybe he deserves a look, but I've seen very little to convince me so far.

JBucc
11-20-2006, 10:14 AM
For getting 8 tackles I hardly even noticed he played yesterday. Him and Bell will probably rotate a lot.

Lzen
11-20-2006, 10:18 AM
I still remember that late missed tackle on 3rd down against Miami. I like Fox but I also think there's a good reason that the coaches aren't starting him over Bell.

shaneo69
11-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Never thought I'd be saying this, but Bell has looked better to me than Fox.

jspchief
11-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Never thought I'd be saying this, but Bell has looked better to me than Fox.There isn't a glaring difference to me in either direction.

Bell has played well lately. I'm still not convinced he's athletic enough to be a Cover 2 LB, but his lack of stats has more to do with his assigments than his play.

Fox gets around a lot of plays, but it's pretty evident that his tackling is sub-par. He's going to need to add strength or improve technique before I start clamoring for him to get on the field.

Bowser
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Wasn't it floated around by the coaching staff that they might try Bell as a rush end on obvious passing downs? I think I've yet to see that.

jspchief
11-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Wasn't it floated around by the coaching staff that they might try Bell as a rush end on obvious passing downs? I think I've yet to see that.I know Bell blew up a play yesterday on a blitz, but I'm not sure where he was lined up.

It was a perfect example of a play where Bell received no stat line, but his actions decimated the play.

My guess is Hali's good play has taken away from other players getting an opportunity at rush end.

TRR
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Until Key Fox learns to wrap up and make a tackle, he should never see the field. He is a bad version of Donnie Edwards. The guy gets drug more than doper.

When Bell is in position to make a tackle, he makes the tackle. Bell really thrives at blowing up lead blockers, etc. I don't think you can grade out Bell on stats alone as he isn't allowed to blitz, and is off the field on nearly every third down play.

elvomito
12-04-2006, 04:52 AM
well after a few more games, do you still feel the same way?

vs Mia (road)

Fox - 8 tackles
Bell - 2 tackles

vs denver (home)
Fox - 6 tackles 1 assist

vs cleveland (road)

they both had their fair share of mistakes in the browns game, but fox had some good plays and effort. he saved a TD on that 4th qtr shovel pass, after blowing past mitchell to make the tackle. bell wasn't on the field at that time.

i think at minimum he'll be rotated in a lot when dj comes back. probably for bell in passing situations... i noticed that was goin on today

KCChiefsMan
12-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Kendrell Bell is the biggest FA bust for the Chiefs since Carlton Gray...no Brett Periman...no Chester McGlockton....no Vonnie Holliday....well I think you get the picture

cdcox
12-04-2006, 07:26 AM
well after a few more games, do you still feel the same way?

vs Mia (road)

Fox - 8 tackles
Bell - 2 tackles

vs denver (home)
Fox - 6 tackles 1 assist

vs cleveland (road)

they both had their fair share of mistakes in the browns game, but fox had some good plays and effort. he saved a TD on that 4th qtr shovel pass, after blowing past mitchell to make the tackle. bell wasn't on the field at that time.

i think at minimum he'll be rotated in a lot when dj comes back. probably for bell in passing situations... i noticed that was goin on today

We have one good LB - DJ.
KM is severicable. I keep him until we get a better/cheaper replacement because this defense already has a lot of holes.

Neither Fox nor Bell approaches starting quality for the other spot. I don't think they are good enough to be the #4 LB either, since the #4 will get a lot of playing time.

Fox had a terrible game agains the Browns, as did all the LB. The Browns got 150 yards on the ground, at 5.2 yards a pop. We were destroyed by the short passing game. That's all you need to know. Fox was out of position on several running plays, and the shovel pass. He gets enveloped by blocks, just disappears. He's not a strong pass defender. He'll stay close enough to make the tackle, but is completely unable to keep his man from making the catch.

Fox is the epitome of the kind of players that have kept this defense so bad for so many years. He presents no problem whatsoever for an NFL offense.

He has so many tackles because 1) they throw to his man a lot 2) he has some speed to get to the ball.

You can't judge LB play by stats. Look what Willie McGinnist did yesterday. Single-handedly shut down the whole right side of our running game, by out manning Turely. That is what a LB does. Watch the LB on the replays of the long running plays. Fox will either be out of position or detroyed by a block.

Fox is in his 3rd season. If he hasn't developed by now, he won't.

InChiefsHell
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Why is everyone shitting on Kawika? I thought the interception yesterday was pretty key, and he's pretty solid. He's played well this year. When looking at our _efense, I just don't see how you can point at Kawika and say he's a big problem...

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 09:10 AM
He's definitely a big PART of the problem.

That's my opinion because he's not part of the solution.

Key starters: Hali, Allen, DJ, Page... and to some degree Knight ('cept he's a little too slow)

Key reserves (or should-be reserves): Fox, Wilkerson, Reed, Steve Williams (perhaps forgetting someone)

Everyone else on the defense can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Some guys can JUST about keep the job (but aren't "key"... ala Ron Edwards) and some are tied into us with money, ala Law and Surtain. And obviously some guys are unknown, ala Maxey and Pollard. I'm down with a complete revamp.