PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Simply Red
11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
RE:

Around three mos. ago I purchased a new car. The color is black. As most of you might agree when clean a black car is really nice looking. Here is the kicker; Although not nearly as bad as my Diamante was years and years ago. This car has some slight swirl marks where someone who didn't know what they were doing used a buffer on it(Even though I'd never use one even if I knew what I was doing). Anyhow, I paid a fair amount of money for this one and want the paint to reflect optimum quality, Has anybody tried the clay bar or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Bwana
11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
RE:

Around three mos. ago I purchased a new car. The color is black. As most of you might agree when clean a black car is really nice looking. Here is the kicker; Although not nearly as bad as my Diamante was years and years ago. This car has some slight swirl marks where someone who didn't know what they were doing used a buffer on it(Even though I'd never use one even if I knew what I was doing). Anyhow, I paid a fair amount of money for this one and want the paint to reflect optimum quality, Has anybody tried the clay bar or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Can you use a buffer?

Simply Red
11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I grown skeptical buffing black altogether. I really think surface scratches are unavoidable no matter who is using the buffer.

Bugeater
11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Belt sander should do the trick.:thumb:

Halfcan
11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
take it to Macco-for $200 they will reapaint the whole car inside and out-lol

Simply Red
11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
There is a Clay Bar which acts like a wax and apparently it works well. Right now that is my first course of action.

Gonzo
11-21-2006, 09:36 PM
IMHO....This is the best out there. I use it on my black F150 and have no complaints.

Bwana
11-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I grown skeptical buffing black altogether. I really think surface scratches are unavoidable no matter who is using the buffer.
I HATE to buff, but I spend 10 year sas an out broker and got damn good at it. Black is a total bitch. I deal with every kind of wash and wax product on the planet with my curent job. I get pallets sent to my house because of my position. (If any of you guys are in the neighborhood, look me up) I could give you some tips on how to hide it, or how to try to remove it.

milkman
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Dynamite would get rid of those swirls.

Simply Red
11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Nail in wall of tire(unrepairable) triggered this concern. Prabably have 10 K worth of driving left on these Mich. tires but trying to keep the vehichle uniform so I plan to buy four new Toyos.

Simply Red
11-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Dynamite would get rid of those swirls.

I was thinking WMD'S. Opps I guess you can't joke like that these days.

burt
11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
I was thinking WMD'S. Opps I guess you can't joke like that these days.

pay to have it detailed.

Bowtie
11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
I was a car painter for about 10 years, and no doubt black is a pain to keep looking nice, and the best you'll ever see it is fresh out of the paint booth, before anything touches it. Black is difficult because if you even sneeze on it it will show everything. Removing swirl marks requires the use of an electric buffer with varying degrees of polish, using the roughest or the one with the most cutting agent to the finest obviously.
You can get some Mequiars hand glaze and a microfiber cloth, and using some elbow grease you can erase the remaining swirl marks. Keep in mind anything that touches your car will scratch it, leaning on it, wiping your hand on it, using a chamois, etc. it is a never ending battle. After being in the business for awhile I now own cars that are white!!

Bwana
11-21-2006, 11:03 PM
pay to have it detailed.
Heh! Like those meth heads could buff out swirl marks on a black car. ROFL

I thought you were in the car business Dale?