PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Game of the Year - Preliminary Voting

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2006, 02:10 AM
The five highest vote-getters will be in the final poll to determine the ChiefsPlanet Game of the Year.

The preliminary phase ends December 8th.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/votedc64.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/votedc64.jpg)

RedDread
11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
You'll find a disproportionate amount of votes for madden 07 even though it probably doesn't deserve discussion in any GOTY discussions.

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2006, 02:23 AM
You'll find a disproportionate amount of votes for madden 07 even though it probably doesn't deserve discussion in any GOTY discussions.I wasn't going to include it, because I was pissed off by it more than anything else, but I decided to be objective instead.

I would have thrown TOCA 3 in there if I thought I wouldn't be the only person to vote for it. I wish it was backwards compatible. TDU is fun, and PGR 3 is fun... but the most fun I've had with a racing game in a long time was with TOCA.

Reaper16
11-25-2006, 02:30 AM
I wrote in New Super Mario Bros., because it deserves mention over plenty of the given choices.

KC Jones
11-25-2006, 04:41 AM
I guess I can't really call myself a gamer anymore...

Of those games I have 3:

NWN2 - I just picked up and haven't installed it yet
Lego Star Wars II - it's for my kids to play
Oblivion - got bored, didn't finish it

Medieval II - Total War will be on my xmass list.

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 07:33 AM
I guess I can't really call myself a gamer anymore...

Of those games I have 3:

NWN2 - I just picked up and haven't installed it yet
Lego Star Wars II - it's for my kids to play
Oblivion - got bored, didn't finish it

Medieval II - Total War will be on my xmass list.

I hear you. I used to be a gamer too. I've played ONE of those games.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2006, 11:38 AM
cool thread
it was close for me.. i like Elders Scroll: Oblivion as the goty
GOW was a very close second.

JBucc
11-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I voted:
GoW
Oblivion
Company of Heroes
CoD3
Twilight Princess

And I haven't played any of those:)

Bowser
11-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Good luck with this poll next year. WAAAY too much stuff coming out.....

*drooling in anticipation of Portal*

Ebolapox
11-25-2006, 02:14 PM
write in: destroy all humans! 2 friggin rocked :p

meStevo
11-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I own 14 of those, kinda just picked 360 games though. Just got Company of Heroes which is incredible so far but haven't played it much.

Oblivion
NCAA 07 (i still play Madden, but this is the better game)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Saints Row

and what will be your winner... Gears of War.

ChiefsLV
11-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey, Where's the Left Behind: Eternal Forces option?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/leftbehindeternalforces/index.html?q=left%20behind

meStevo
11-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Just Cause is better than a number of those games as well

Nightwish
11-25-2006, 07:33 PM
A lot of good ones on there, but hands down, the best has got to be Oblivion.

ChiefsLV
11-26-2006, 02:09 PM
A lot of good ones on there, but hands down, the best has got to be Oblivion.

My favorite also. I'm still playing it, trying to complete the main quest now after going through the theives guild and dark brotherhood. I'm a mage archer, which allows me to cast chameleon and shoot arrows while hidden behind the cloak. I also summon quite a bit and fire arrows into enemies as they attack my summoned creature.

The Pirate Ship add-on is worth it if you do the Theives guild. The grey fox mask gives you ability to carry all this extra loot, and then you can sell it at the Pirate ship without the guards catching you like they would if you had to go sell it in a city. Also, sending your pirates out for loot gets you $2000 gold a week.

Nightwish
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
My favorite also. I'm still playing it, trying to complete the main quest now after going through the theives guild and dark brotherhood. I'm a mage archer, which allows me to cast chameleon and shoot arrows while hidden behind the cloak. I also summon quite a bit and fire arrows into enemies as they attack my summoned creature.

The Pirate Ship add-on is worth it if you do the Theives guild. The grey fox mask gives you ability to carry all this extra loot, and then you can sell it at the Pirate ship without the guards catching you like they would if you had to go sell it in a city. Also, sending your pirates out for loot gets you $2000 gold a week.
I found a great way to build up your destruction magic skill (without resorting to cheats, or just randomly shooting fireballs at nothing). I forget exactly where it's at, but there's an old ruin that is crawling with skeleton warriors and the like. Just inside the main entrance, there is a short set of stairs going down to a hallway, then a portculis, and a swinging log trap down the corridor just before it intersects another corridor. Anyway, what I did (I was focusing on mage skills, so my fighting skills were pretty subpar at the time) was run in, lure a couple skeletons into chasing me, navigated back to the entrance, dropped the portculis after I got past it, and waited for the skeletons to get there, then just kept blasting away at them with fireballs (occasionally pausing to recharge my mana) until they died. Then I'd go back in, lure out a few more, and kept doing this until there was nothing left inside that place but a big pile of bones at the front entrance.

Pants
11-27-2006, 05:48 AM
I wasn't going to include it, because I was pissed off by it more than anything else, but I decided to be objective instead.

I would have thrown TOCA 3 in there if I thought I wouldn't be the only person to vote for it. I wish it was backwards compatible. TDU is fun, and PGR 3 is fun... but the most fun I've had with a racing game in a long time was with TOCA.

I played the f*ck out of TOCA 2. Never heard of the franchise until I saw a review of it on Gamespot. Decided to buy it and enjoyed it immensly. That was the 3rd most challenging racing game I've ever played (Grand Prix Legends being #1 and FORZA being #2), but the beauty of it was the that you didn't always have to place 1st. That little realistic detail (finishing 4th is still good!) along with the story line made it one sweet racing game.

What's TOCA 3 like?

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
What's TOCA 3 like?****ing awesome, that's what it's like.

If you liked TOCA 2, by all means, check out TOCA 3.

Guru
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Half Life 2 Episode 1

Ultra Peanut
12-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Now I rrrrrrrreally want to play TOCA 3 again. Thanks a LOT, me from a few days ago.

GoTrav
12-04-2006, 08:45 AM
You'll find a disproportionate amount of votes for madden 07 even though it probably doesn't deserve discussion in any GOTY discussions.

agree...it seems hard to put any Wii or PS3 games on the list too. The new Zelda does look pristine though.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
One. More. Time.
We're going to... voteabrate?