PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dislike Internet Explorer 7.0?

banyon
11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
My work and home have now been switched to it, and I don't dig it at all.

There are no options at the top like before for editing or finding, there's this "Phishing Filter" that just seems to slow page loading, and this "tabs" overhaul seems pretty superfluous unless I had like 20 pages I needed to view at once.

Thoughts?

DaFace
11-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm a FireFox user myself. Tabs are pretty cool in FireFox once you get used to them, but it did take me a while.

JBucc
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't use it. But yeah I don't like the interface.

chagrin
11-29-2006, 07:50 PM
From what I saw, it looks like a big advertisement, not an operating system - is it overloaded, like it appears?

KCFalcon59
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
You can disable the phishing filter. You can also enable the menu bar so that you have your editing, find options available.

Sometimes the new explorer gets hung up. I turn off the phishing filter because it slowed down page loading. If you want to check a certain website you can click on the the phishing icon on the status bar.

morphius
11-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I hate the favorites now, way to slow a way to access them, I like my bookmarks easily and quickly accessible, as I have hundreds with sub folder after sub folder.

I love tabs, thought they were kind of stupid till I started using them.

Mosbonian
11-29-2006, 08:20 PM
I only have one issue at this time with it....how do you clear cookies, the temporary internet files, and history? You used to be able to clear what cookies you wanted cleared, but now I can't even get to the folder to clear them.

mmaddog

banyon
11-29-2006, 10:25 PM
You can disable the phishing filter. You can also enable the menu bar so that you have your editing, find options available.
Sometimes the new explorer gets hung up. I turn off the phishing filter because it slowed down page loading. If you want to check a certain website you can click on the the phishing icon on the status bar.

Please, please tell me how.

banyon
11-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Please, please tell me how.

Nevermind. It took me like 5 seconds to figure out how once I made an effort. :huh:

But for who voted that they like the new update, why?

Guru
11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
This is a joke right? Somebody still willingly uses IE?

KCFalcon59
11-29-2006, 10:55 PM
I only have one issue at this time with it....how do you clear cookies, the temporary internet files, and history? You used to be able to clear what cookies you wanted cleared, but now I can't even get to the folder to clear them.

mmaddog

That I haven't figured out yet. I don't know why they removed that option. However you can download an addon (http://www.ieaddons.com/AddOn.aspx?cid=1&scid=60&aid=1db152b6-e6dc-4177-aae6-1c64eb5a92c1) that will do what you need.

KCFalcon59
11-29-2006, 10:57 PM

Do you see me laughing????

:p :cuss: :LOL: LMAO :banghead:

banyon
11-29-2006, 11:13 PM

I believe I included that as an option.

Guru
11-29-2006, 11:51 PM
I believe I included that as an option.
Believe me, I voted for that option also. Still needed to voice it though.

htismaqe
11-30-2006, 08:48 AM

Those of us who know how to secure it and don't care to install 3rd-party software still willingly use it.

And it works just fine.

foxman
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Firefox

keg in kc
11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I didn't like it at first but I'm used to it now.

And you can turn the options on. Just right-click anywhere at the top and tell it to turn on the "menu bar". If I understand what you were referring to, at least.

Once you do that, you can customize it, turn off the tabs, phishing filter, etc.

The only thing I couldn't change to match my setup for IE 6 was that the pulldown tab where I typed in my URLs was at the bottom of the all the toolbars, and now it's at the top and I couldn't move it. But I'm used to that now, too, so no biggie.

phisherman
11-30-2006, 11:08 AM
i'm still using NCSA mosaic so none of this applies to me

:LOL:
:thumb:

CosmicPal
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Firefox

Yep. I use Mozilla Firefox...I'll never use IE again.

Firefox is great. I love some of the free add-ons as well.

Braincase
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Nevermind. It took me like 5 seconds to figure out how once I made an effort. :huh:

But for who voted that they like the new update, why?

I like the additional security.

Simplex3
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I like the additional security.
Yeah, MS is really on the ball with security. I mean it was only years before they corrected the thing where you could get a virus by looking at images on the web.

Braincase
11-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah, MS is really on the ball with security. I mean it was only years before they corrected the thing where you could get a virus by looking at images on the web.

Yep. One of the things MS is getting much better at is getting a tested patch out quicker. I know that there have been times that folks went to third party patches, but the last thing I'm going to do is install some patch written by some Russian cat. Might be a fix, might be a trojan.

Hey, when the vast majority of the world's hackers are focusing on the security of one product, the product must improve or die.

htismaqe
11-30-2006, 07:41 PM

When 95% of all black hats in the world are targetting your browser, they're gonna find vulnerabilities...

jjjayb
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I hate that I can't move where the refresh button or the home button are located. After 2 weeks of using this I still find myself trying to click where I used to have them in IE6.

Stewie
12-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Just switched to Firefox this morning. Me likey, so far!

patteeu
12-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I use Firefox, but everything I've read suggests that IE 7 is just as good.

I love tabbed browsing.

I have an add-in for Firefox that lets me render pages as IE would. My banking website doesn't work well with Firefox, but the add-in allows me to do my banking without firing up IE.

ZepSinger
12-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep. I use Mozilla Firefox...I'll never use IE again.

Firefox is great. I love some of the free add-ons as well.

Yep. Firefox is da bomb. I only use IE to test websites I develop, and I'll hang on to IE6 until something better than 7 comes along...

Z

StcChief
12-03-2006, 09:47 AM
IE 7 sucksa$$ it's a bad Firefox wannabe

Stewie
12-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I switched to Firefox and love it. A question: Is there a way to move the tool bar, address bar, etc., or are they locked?