PDA

View Full Version : An invite to my CP musician brothers

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 10:58 AM
After a 10-month sabbatical from my church band gig due to college, I'm going to be playing during my winter break on Dec. 17 at our brand new campus(see church URL below for information). The main room holds 1,244 seats in the round, and uses a state-of-the-art sound, lighting, and video system. It's a full rock band, doing stuff like Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Lincoln Brewster, etc. I'll be playing the 8am, 9:30am, and 11:30am services to a total of almost 4,000.

I want to invite Braincase, Lzen, Chagrin, ChiefFripp, Htismage, Nightwish, and anyone else I forgot. I would love to meet you guys! It's great relating with musicians on this board...

Hope to see you there---

Westside Family Church (http://www.westsidefamilychurch.com)

Z

Halfcan
12-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Another Rocker goes soft-lol

Add in a little Hells Bells, Black Dog, Paranoid, and Working man-and I will be there.

ChiefFripp
12-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a good time. Ilive in orlando so there is no way i can make it :)

I hope those of you who do make it have a blast!

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Another Rocker goes soft-lol

Add in a little Hells Bells, Black Dog, Paranoid, and Working man-and I will be there.

If it helps me regain some street cred, we warm up with Crazy Train and War Pigs... :rockon:

Z

Braincase
12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I'd love to - but kids have 8:45 Sunady School and 10:00 Mass...lucky to get out of there by 11:30 most mornings. I'm now lectoring.

Lzen
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
That would be very cool. But I'm not sure what that day will look like here. Plus trying to talk the wife into going to KC for church services may be somewhat difficult. ;) I'll have to let you know in a couple weeks.

Lzen
12-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I do like what it says your church is about in the "about us" and "what we believe" sections. Couldn't get the map in the "service times and location" section to come up, though.

htismaqe
12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
If it helps me regain some street cred, we warm up with Crazy Train and War Pigs... :rockon:

Z

I can just picture the pastor stepping up to the mic and screaming "Satan laughing spreads his wiiiiinggsss...OH LORD YEAH!"

chagrin
12-01-2006, 03:20 PM
"Wessside"

Thanks for the invite, I would love to go, but you know - down here in Florida...Hey, you got a guy who can do both Third Day AND Jeremy Camp vocals? Wicked!

Halfcan
12-01-2006, 03:50 PM

Z

lol Maybe War Pigs, but since Pat Boone did Crazy Train-it does not have much street cred with Rockers anymore.

siberian khatru
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm now lectoring.

You're breast-feeding?

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I can just picture the pastor stepping up to the mic and screaming "Satan laughing spreads his wiiiiinggsss...OH LORD YEAH!"

He actually came out dressed as Darth Vader one time. Another pastor rode a Harley out onto the stage. I'm not kidding.

Z

Nightwish
12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I may actually try to make it out there. I can't guarantee it, it'll depend on my workload at that time, whether I can afford to take a couple days off for a trip out to KC. You do know I'm a neopagan, right? Will I melt when I walk through the door?

Halfcan
12-01-2006, 04:49 PM
How about Holy Diver by Dio?

Nightwish
12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Another pastor rode a Harley out onto the stage.
Did you then rip into "Hell Bent For Leather?"

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I may actually try to make it out there. I can't guarantee it, it'll depend on my workload at that time, whether I can afford to take a couple days off for a trip out to KC. You do know I'm a neopagan, right? Will I melt when I walk through the door?

You will not melt. This church is NOT a bunch of holier-than-thous. If it was, I wouldn't be there. I'd love to see you there! Just wear jeans- you'll feel right at home.

Z

morphius
12-01-2006, 06:46 PM
It is a pretty cool setup. I have been to that Church a few times on Zep's recommendation. My son enjoys the Sunday school and I like the more modern music and the Ministers are very good as well.

Just wish I could be more consistent in my attendance.

Lzen
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM

ROFL Now this is hilarious.

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 07:28 PM
It is a pretty cool setup. I have been to that Church a few times on Zep's recommendation. My son enjoys the Sunday school and I like the more modern music and the Ministers are very good as well.

Just wish I could be more consistent in my attendance.

Well, crap! Wish I'd known you were there!
:doh!:

morphius
12-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Well, crap! Wish I'd known you were there!
:doh!:
It has been really hit and miss, I haven't seen you around. If I remember you go fairly early.

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
It has been really hit and miss, I haven't seen you around. If I remember you go fairly early.

Well, I haven't played even once since February due to college. But even when we're simply attending, we go to the 11:30am...

Z

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I do like what it says your church is about in the "about us" and "what we believe" sections. Couldn't get the map in the "service times and location" section to come up, though.

Here's the direct URL to the Directions page:
link (http://www.westsidefamilychurch.com/westside/directions.html)

morphius
12-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Well, I haven't played even once since February due to college. But even when we're simply attending, we go to the 11:30am...

Z
I think we did make it to the 11:30 once, for some reason I had it in my head that you went earlier. I know I try to make it earlier during football season, so I don't miss the Chiefs game.

I know, I know, screwed up priorities there.

ZepSinger
12-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I think we did make it to the 11:30 once, for some reason I had it in my head that you went earlier. I know I try to make it earlier during football season, so I don't miss the Chiefs game.

I know, I know, screwed up priorities there.

I'd go earlier too, but Mrs. Zep teaches the 4 year-olds at 11:30...

Z

morphius
12-01-2006, 09:19 PM
I'd go earlier too, but Mrs. Zep teaches the 4 year-olds at 11:30...

Z
They have a ton of 5 year old there, the first time we went to the new campus they lost my son. We had to look all over to find him. It was a bit worrisome at the time, but it didn't take too long to find him.

Believer
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Your church looks awesome Zepsinger, I know exactly where that is. Your beliefs and style of worship are very close to our church right down the road on Lone Elm.
http://www.lifechurch-kc.com/

i'd definatly enjoy seeing your band at some point.

our church had their first friday of the month worship night last night and im still energized from it. Theres nothing like praising the Lord.

so i really appreciate the ministry you and your fellow musicians who serve God do. Thank you.

ZepSinger
12-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Your church looks awesome Zepsinger, I know exactly where that is. Your beliefs and style of worship are very close to our church right down the road on Lone Elm.
http://www.lifechurch-kc.com/

i'd definatly enjoy seeing your band at some point.

our church had their first friday of the month worship night last night and im still energized from it. Theres nothing like praising the Lord.

so i really appreciate the ministry you and your fellow musicians who serve God do. Thank you.

It is awesome. I would just about guarantee it's one of the coolest churches in all of KC at least. I would not frequent any church that was pompous, stuffy, or traditional. It's been recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing churches in the USA, and is one of the top Purpose-Driven churches as well.

Just today:
1. Today's lead guitarist Jon ripped off a solo that actually rivaled Yngwie in speed and technique. I was impressed!

2. They played scenes from 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' before the service on the dual video screens

3. The pastor made reference to Bill Cowher, Trent Green, Larry Johnson, Dante Hall, and Bono from U2 in order to make his points.

4. They played techno music upon crowd exit

They've got a full coffee bar so you can grab a Starbucks or whatever to take in the main center if you like. Feel free to wear jeans and a Chiefs jersey (if you still want to after today's game:banghead: ). Everyone welcome- no one puts on any airs of perfection here, including the staff and pastors.

Z

Nightwish
12-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey Zep, sorry I wasn't able to make it out there this time. Do keep me apprised of future performances, though, as I would like to make it out there sometime. The problem is, since you're on the opposite side of the state, I'll have to set aside at least two days for the trip, and a lot of times that is very hard to do, with the workload I usually have to deal with. When I do have a few extra days to spare, it is usually during the last week or the first week of any given month.

ZepSinger
12-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey Zep, sorry I wasn't able to make it out there this time. Do keep me apprised of future performances, though, as I would like to make it out there sometime. The problem is, since you're on the opposite side of the state, I'll have to set aside at least two days for the trip, and a lot of times that is very hard to do, with the workload I usually have to deal with. When I do have a few extra days to spare, it is usually during the last week or the first week of any given month.

I absolutely will let you know. While I'm getting my Bachelor's, I'm only able to play between quarters (4 times a year), so next time will likely be spring.

It went well! I used the V and the church's Mesa Boogie amp for all 3 sets. Played to about 4,000....

Z