PDA

View Full Version : Up the Middle for no Gain

Archie F. Swin
12-10-2006, 12:58 PM
This negative aspect of the Chiefs offense has resonated through the season. Its a common thread in every game. Am I wrong to question the reverence given Waters, Wiegmann and Shields. Can Larry not anticipate or sniff a hole? Is the Solari strategy too predictable?

When I'm not watching the Chiefs play football a month from now...I'll be thinking a lot about "Up the Middle for No Gain".

Lonewolf Ed
12-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Larry's 47 yard scamper started up the middle, didn't it? That was not too shabby, you must admit.

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Are you fuggin serious with this shit?

SNR
12-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking it's just too predictable of a strategy, but if Herm wants this team to adopt a "tough team" identity, you've got to run it up their butts even when it is futile.

Or something like that. I can't remember the exact wording during the "I love Herm" brainwashing session I went through.

Archie F. Swin
12-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Larry's 47 yard scamper started up the middle, didn't it? That was not too shabby, you must admit.

not too shabby....that's one

KrazyKorean4
12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah it was up the middle. But the other 15 running plays up the middle were snuffed out. They just caught the Ravens D off guard there.

bishop_74
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
The lack of LJs production is the reason we are losing now. When the team was successful, Solari mixed this up with Huards short passes and kept defenses guessing. When LJ was doing well, it masked this mediocre defense. Since Green has been back, I think Solari is just trying to go for the jugular (sp?). We just have a marginal blocking O-line this year. We need to go back to mixing LJ with dink dunk. We do not have the same offensive line we did last year and it shows... BAD!

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah it was up the middle. But the other 15 running plays up the middle were snuffed out. They just caught the Ravens D off guard there.

Um, that's how you run the ball in football. Attitudes like this lead to throwing 50 passes and losing by 30.

CASHMAN
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Oh but now with the game over we start to Throw the ball ROFL .

CASHMAN.