PDA

View Full Version : Pollard & Page = Wonder Twins?

dtebbe
12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
I think in the coming years these guys are going to be big time players. Both of them have amazing athletic skills, and seem to be around the ball all the time. Gotta hand it to King Carl on this one...

DT

Thig Lyfe
12-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I have no idea why they aren't both starting.

dtebbe
12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I have no idea why they aren't both starting.

Exactly, the worst they could do is play like Wesley.

DT

Short Leash Hootie
12-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Exactly...why the hell is Pollard on the bench?! He looks like a friggin' playmaker...

petegz28
12-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes

munkey
12-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Form of an "NFL FS"

Form of a "NFL SS"

Wonder twin powers ACTIVATE!!!

I wish..

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 04:12 PM
At this point, its stupid to not find out.

We know Knight is too slow for deep coverage, we all know that Wesley doesn't play consistant...Play them both and find out what they've got....start building this week for next year, because we all know thats the truth at this point.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:12 PM
The fact that neither starts has to make you wonder if they really are that good......either they aren't or the coaches are dumb or it's a money thing with Carl......

Dark Horse
12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
The future is now unleash the Bonecrusher!

Tuckdaddy
12-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I would start them both next week. Wesley sucks and Knight is old and slow.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
At this point, its stupid to not find out.

We know Knight is too slow for deep coverage, we all know that Wesley doesn't play consistant...Play them both and find out what they've got....start building this week for next year, because we all know thats the truth at this point.
Truth is that we might as well start fielding a team on infants, because we aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl for at least another 20 years.

shaneo69
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
With as many f*ck ups as I've seen from our safeties this year (including when Pollard or Page is in there), it seems to me that the collective IQ of these four is somewhere around 40.

I really haven't seen anything to give me hope that the two rookies will ever be decent starters. Pollard looks like a future Gary Stills to me. Page would probably be better off playing baseball.

Dark Horse
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
With as many f*ck ups as I've seen from our safeties this year (including when Pollard or Page is in there), it seems to me that the collective IQ of these four is somewhere around 40.

I really haven't seen anything to give me hope that the two rookies will ever be decent starters. Pollard looks like a future Gary Stills to me. Page would probably be better off playing baseball.

Idon't know the thought of a heat seaking missile wearing 49 decapitating a WR who was stupid enough to go across the middle sounds like great entertainment.

dj56dt58
12-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Have you actually watched any games this year? They are both always around the ball when they are in the game. If Page could hold onto the ball he would have 3 picks this year with very little playing time, and Pollard has a great nose for the ball as well and delivers big time hits which turn into turnovers, incompletions, and keeps guys from wanting to go across the middle. Their faster than Knight and Smarter than Wesley...why not?

Rooster
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I think we are a purple monkey and two rings for P&P away from a great secondary. :)

Frankie
12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
I think in the coming years these guys are going to be big time players. Both of them have amazing athletic skills, and seem to be around the ball all the time. Gotta hand it to King Carl on this one...

DT
I have a feeling the credit goes more to Herm than King Carl.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 09:55 AM
While I'm excited to see more Pollard as well, Knight has actually played pretty good for us. He certainly hasn't been bad enough to lose his job.

Greg Wesley on the other hand....

pikesome
12-11-2006, 09:57 AM
While I don't know if I can comment on their playing ability with any degree of certainty, both seem to have something missing in Wesley at least, drive. I have seen 3 games live and in all 3 I can remember watching Wesley half-ass on plays. Maybe Gun deserves a lot of the blame for the play of the secondary but when you have uninspired, half-ass play it isn't going to be good no matter what the call.

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Put in the yutes! Wesley has to be put out of his misery...he bites on the run fake WAY to much...when he say the streaking receiver run past him yesteday, he STILL was heading towards the line...WHO THE HELL did he think was backing him up???

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Form of a linebacker, shape of a corner back...GO WONDER TWINS!

Dave Lane
12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Exactly...why the hell is Pollard on the bench?! He looks like a friggin' playmaker...

:rolleyes: Yeah he looked real good on that touchdown play. Frozen like a deer in the headlights. Page on the other hand looks like he might well develop.

Dave

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:53 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah he looked real good on that touchdown play. Frozen like a deer in the headlights. Page on the other hand looks like he might well develop.

DaveExcept he was covering the other side of the field and that was Wesley's blown assignment that he blew so bad that he didn't even come into the TV screen.

At first glance that looked like Pollard's error. But replay shows that it was actually Wesley's.

Chiefnj
12-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Wonder Twins?

As in, "I wonder how that receiver got by both of us so quickly?"

In all seriousness, there have been way too many miscues on the secondary this year. I don't see why Herm wouldn't give the young guys the start from here on out.

Frankie
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
.... there have been way too many miscues on the secondary this year.
Maybe the lack of push up front has something to do with this, you think?

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Bring back Deron Cherry

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Screw that, suit up Herman Edwards....

Law and Edwards .....best duo in the game.

Maybe offer a one year deal to Deion Sanders

Reerun_KC
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe offer a one year deal to Deion Sanders

A couple of weeks ago, Deion was in OKC interviewing Chris Paul (hornets BBall Player) who is also my neighbor. Anyway, they used our garage for lunch and house to get them all ready in... Anyway. Deion was in very good shape, but not game shape. I asked him about coming back and playing. But he said he likes his TV gig, Less physical...

I almost said, Dude you never tackled, but his body guard was pretty big..

PM me if anyone wants to see pictures...

Chiefnj
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Maybe the lack of push up front has something to do with this, you think?

I'd attribute open receivers and receivers sitting in holes in the zone to the lack of a pass rush. But there have been times where there isn't a safety anywhere near the play - which means somebody wasn't where they were supposed to be; like Wesley yesterday. That isn't necessarily the fault of the DL.

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I was actually glad, during that turd yesterday, to see Griffin, Fox, and Scanlon getting some reps. I wish they'd have gone 1 more and let Grigsby grab a series or two......its not like the Ravens weren't driving the field for 10 minutes anyway.

Get the young guys some reps, see if they can play......cut the ones who obviously can't.

If NO can go from shitty, to 34 new players in a season, to a division winner, Playoff contender......they've shown it doesn't have to be a 5 year re-build if you're not a dumbass.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I was actually glad, during that turd yesterday, to see Griffin, Fox, and Scanlon getting some reps. I wish they'd have gone 1 more and let Grigsby grab a series or two......its not like the Ravens weren't driving the field for 10 minutes anyway.

Get the young guys some reps, see if they can play......cut the ones who obviously can't.

If NO can go from shitty, to 34 new players in a season, to a division winner, Playoff contender......they've shown it doesn't have to be a 5 year re-build if you're not a dumbass.
New Orleans was also the first team in the history of the NFL to acquire a QB that had won 20 games and had a QB rating of 90+ in the previous two seasons combined...

New Orleans also got Deuce McCallister back from injury, traded a wide receiver for a good LB, drafted a one-of-a-kind talent that also makes for the best decoy in the NFL, and got lucky with a 7th round phenom...

Somehow I don't see ANY of that happening for us...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
(and I didn't mention the fact they played 16 road games last year...)

MOhillbilly
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
**** **** **** wesley has got to GO!!!!