PDA

View Full Version : Next Year: no more patches

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:27 PM
The outcome of the game makes no difference, imho.

We need to start over after DV the way DV started over after gun (err, but better...). Even if it means a 6-10 season (or worse).

So:

FIRE GUNTHER (sorry, he's the reason Bell plays)

Trent retires (not his choice).
Trade Gonzo for whatever (I'd take a high second).
Shields retires.
Law cut.
Bell cut.
Sims cut.
Wesley cut.
etc...all the fat, all the question marks, all the old guys (thanks for the memories)...start fresh

Play Croyle - or pick-up a vet transition, or hell, play Huard for a year - it won't matter because we aren't going to the playoffs.

Look for a solid vet OL in FA and and #2 or #1 WR (what can we afford??). Draft OL/DT in the first (baa...hopefully a DT). Resign LJ and Allen, maybe Mitchell (depends on $$$).

Play Page. Play Pollard. Play Webb. Draft well AND PLAY THEM YOUNG.

Just do it. Suck it up. Start drinking, because we'll be more martyball than marty ever was. Quit delaying the inevitable.

p.s.

if we win this thread counts as reverse-mojo

Deberg_1990
12-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree....its time to gut the team. They have gone about as far as they can go with this group (which isnt very far) time to start over.

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
You know better than that, Can. Carl will never do it. He's all about staying on the fringes of the playoff race, i.e., "being competitive."

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
You know better than that, Can. Carl will never do it. He's all about staying on the fringes of the playoff race, i.e., "being competitive."

I know...but this is madness...we've tried "hanging on" for a decade...we HAVE to bite the bullet...we need an intervention

CASHMAN
12-10-2006, 01:34 PM
We need a #1 WR, And a QBOTF which we have never went after ever!!!!!! What wshed up QB will we sign next year???? And dont get me started on Herm and his play calling and exscuses every game :# .

CASHMAN.

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:35 PM
look, Trent is my favorite player on the chiefs ever next to DT....he was the best we've seen for 4 years, but he isn't part of the future (and neither is Huard) and we need to get ruthless if we're ever going to change...

we can't coast into the sunset and expect to get better

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I dont give a **** what they do next year. I will watch, but we got ****ing problems

Thig Lyfe
12-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I'd be okay with getting rid of just about everybody. Besides the very obvious exceptions.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Agreed, as has been mentioned many many times, the only way Carl goes is if people stop going to the games. Vote with your pocketbooks.

Carl is NOT about to gut the team and live with a few losing seasons (like he should)

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:42 PM
its almost a relief to come to this...I don't care what anyone's resume is with the chiefs...you are young and good, you stay...everyone else leaves...I want a top 5 draft pick, I mean it...

SNR
12-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't think you can cut Law. Part of rebuilding is having money with which to rebuild. Keep him around as a vet. But do get rid of Bell and Sims. And HICKS :#

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Next Year: no more patches
wanna bet ..... like siberian says, not gonna happen

carl's not into that

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
wanna bet ..... like siberian says, not gonna happen

carl's not into that

well, yes, I can't make it happen....

RedThat
12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
what this team needs is a new general manager....bottomline

we will always be mediocre, and no better as long as Carl is here

*Anybody see a trend? We havent won a playoff game in 13 years, going on 14. We've made the playoffs once in the last 8 years, again going on 9. We've had a ton of 7, 8 win seasons. Yet the ticket prices go up every year? Same crap, just another season thats all.

We can say cut this guy, get rid of that guy, but it doesnt matter? Peterson is here. Our front office sucks. They can't build a team. How much more time do they need? another 5 years...Oh yeah, then we will constantly be saying we need to cut this guy, and that guy...I've lost all faith and hope in this team. They pull the same thing every frick'n year.

RedThat
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
its almost a relief to come to this...I don't care what anyone's resume is with the chiefs...you are young and good, you stay...everyone else leaves...I want a top 5 draft pick, I mean it...

whats a top 5 draft pick gonna do?

seriously.

The way this team performed today, im not so sure if that is the answer.

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Trade Gonzo for whatever (I'd take a high second).

How do we trade a Free Agent?

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Carls not into that because he's also the President which means he has a vested interest in how much money the Chiefs are making........being GM and President is a conflictive interest....

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM

Franchise Tag.....some teams will tag a guy then trade him.

the Talking Can
whats a top 5 draft pick gonna do?

uh, help?

a franchise QB? WR? DT? LT?

the Talking Can

hey, I just press the buttons on the controller, don't ask me how the game works.... ;)

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 02:22 PM
what this team needs is a new general manager....bottomline

True success won't happen until this happens.

Carl isn't a competitor, he's a ticket salesman.

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 02:22 PM
hey, I just press the buttons on the controller, don't ask me how the game works.... ;)

LMAO

jidar
12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
this thread shows why the average person could never work in the NFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

From Major League when Lou Brown is discussing the Indians chances:

The GM says: "Rachel Phelps will never allow that to happen"

Insert Peterson for Phelps, and you've got your answer.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
this thread shows why the average person could never work in the NFL

Because some people would rather go young and rebuild the old team than keep the status quo of winning 7-9 games every year and getting jack for it?

mylittlepony
12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I would kind of like to keep Green for another year. If Croyle is the QB of the future I think he can pick up alot from behind Green. I meen I loved what Green did when he was on the sidelines. Or hell offer him a job as an assistant. I just feel we are throwing away to much usefull experience by just retiering him.

RedThat
12-10-2006, 02:31 PM
uh, help?

a franchise QB? WR? DT? LT?

Ok...But How about drafting well enough overall? That what this team needs to do. And they havent done it.

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Because some people would rather go young and rebuild the old team than keep the status quo of winning 7-9 games every year and getting jack for it?

No, because he's a dumbass that has never in his sorry life ever had a clue, so all he can do is make dumbass comments.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:37 PM
No, because he's a dumbass that has never in his sorry life ever had a clue, so all he can do is make dumbass comments.

Don't worry......shortly Hootie and that other guy whoever it was will show up and tell us Carl is doing a great job and going 8-8 is good.

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Don't worry......shortly Hootie and that other guy whoever it was will show up and tell us Carl is doing a great job and going 8-8 is good.

Sad thing is, they aren't the only ones that feel that way.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Our drafting has gotten better, it was the drafts from 2000 to 2002 that are the reason we aren't having the success. Those years should be the nucleus of this team instead we didnt get shit out of them.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Our drafting still isn't good enough.

I think the fix may be a GM who isn't President. One guy doing both jobs is desperately trying to serve two masters.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 03:02 PM
The last two years hasnt been bad. 2 sure starters in DJ and Tamba. One bada$$ punter in Colquitt. Page and Pollard have great potential.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 03:05 PM
As many holes as we have we should have probably gotten 3 starters on the first day this past year and we have 1......and even if Colquitt is good, a first day pick on a punter is still highly questionable.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 03:09 PM
As many holes as we have we should have probably gotten 3 starters on the first day this past year and we have 1......and even if Colquitt is good, a first day pick on a punter is still highly questionable.

Pollard should start so that is 2. Croyle is looking towards the future pick. I think Colquitt was a damn good pick, field position is huge and he is going to be a stud for along time.