blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
DV's was a old team
it is going to take some time

MichaelH
12-10-2006, 02:43 PM
wow no playoffs
their is still the youth movement

Yes but the Chiefs as we know it will no longer be. Change is inevitable but it sucks.

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 02:43 PM
yeah simms green reed and gonzo real young

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 02:44 PM
lol, well, if we wanna rebuild, we got another 3 years or so before we can even contend. Like i said in another thread THank got i got the Lakers to look foward too.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:47 PM
a first year coach has got to make this his team
Herm is not amiracle worker
who the **** thought he was

Lzen
12-10-2006, 02:48 PM
It's because we've seen this team be competitive enough for over a decade. Just not competitive enough to make the playoffs most years and competitive enough to not get a high draft pick. It's the same old cycle that keeps selling tickets but gets diddly squat. I'm sick of it.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
penz you act needs to picks it's spots

Deberg_1990
12-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Its basically 18 years of Carls 5 year plan that most of the fans are disatisfied with. Its just all coming to a head. Its not just this year. Its the same old thing year after year....

just a little reminder:

last playoff win was Jan of 1994
2 playoff appearances in 10 seasons
3 years since the last playoff appearance

Why does Peterson still have a job here???

Baby Lee
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't understand the fans that quit on the CHiefs

wow no playoffs
All the sudden your user name makes perfect sense. You've had the same 'hottie' tickling your balls without giving up the nappy dugout from adolsecence to middle age, haven't you?

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
He took over a 10-6 team, and made them worse. He should have made them better in my opinion.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
wow no playoffs
fortunately you don't get to sit in judgment of Chiefs fans.

so sit the **** down and shut the **** up

Wa-Z
12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
By the time we get young again at QB, OL, CB, WR...LJ will be washed out...

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 02:59 PM
By the time we get young again at QB, OL, CB, WR...LJ will be washed out...
Yep, LJ washed up. Tony G long Gone. Shield, Waters history. We are in for a long long few years.

Bob Dole
12-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah. Some of us have only been watching this futility for 30 years. How DARE we express dissatisfaction.

John_Locke
12-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Its basically 18 years of Carls 5 year plan that most of the fans are disatisfied with. Its just all coming to a head. Its not just this year. Its the same old thing year after year....

just a little reminder:

last playoff win was Jan of 1994
2 playoff appearances in 10 seasons
3 years since the last playoff appearance

Why does Peterson still have a job here???

biggest question of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mlyonsd
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
wow no playoffs

No offense, but Carl loves guys like you.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
a first year coach takes over a team the fans on this board have been hoping for 1 more year out of this offense for 2-3 years

to close to the forest

the defense has sucked for how long now

grandllama
12-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah. Some of us have only been watching this futility for 30 years. How DARE we express dissatisfaction.

I thought you were older than me. Just a late bloomer?

blueballs
12-10-2006, 03:19 PM
owned!!!
by blueballs
not the first time either I bet

jidar
12-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I agree.
bunch of ****ing whining bitches on here. life is so ****ing hard when your football is losing apparently.

Bob Dole
12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I thought you were older than me. Just a late bloomer?

Bob Dole was rounding.

grandllama
12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Bob Dole was rounding.

I've been rounding a lot lately too....

oooooh, Bob Dole meant the mathematical type of rounding... my bad.

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Everyone is just venting the chiefs fans are passionate loyal fans maybe in all of sports. People say they quit and they are done with the teams, but they will be back it's a way of life for the fans. I cannot even imagine life without the chiefs.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 03:53 PM
like cigarettes

tommykat
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Everyone is just venting the chiefs fans are passionate loyal fans maybe in all of sports. People say they quit and they are done with the teams, but they will be back it's a way of life for the fans. I cannot even imagine life without the chiefs.

Kuddos for being positive.....Took me 3 pages to find something that I wanted to respond to. All are upset, however life moves on. It is a game and I do understand your thoughts all. Life is so short. Most know what is going on with my life. Just lay back all and "OK VENT".

Easy 6
12-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I dont understand CHIEFS that quit on fans.

Guru
12-10-2006, 09:28 PM
God forbid we express any sort of dissatisfaction with the direction of our team. Shame on us.

Crawl back under your rock.

dj56dt58
12-10-2006, 09:35 PM
We don't have to give up on them..they give up on themselves every year

TN_Chief
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh Jesus H. Christ...don't give me this "quitting on the Chiefs" bullshit. The players are ****ing quitting man, they're mailing it in. I'm supposed to support that? Blow me.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
God forbid we express any sort of dissatisfaction with the direction of our team. Shame on us.

Crawl back under your rock.

haha your stooge buddy quit on you
there goes your two word post count all to hell

boogblaster
12-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Jilted again..reminds me of my first wife..Just when you think you're riding a throughbreed, she farts in your face and screws the neighbor while you're at work..........

milkman
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow.
This thread, and others like it, are just like threads from last year.

And the year before that.

Etc and so forth.

It's like Deja Vu, all over again.

And all over again.

And all over again.

And all over again.

Etc and so forth.

splatbass
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Oh Jesus H. Christ...don't give me this "quitting on the Chiefs" bullshit. The players are ****ing quitting man, they're mailing it in. I'm supposed to support that? Blow me.

I thought the defense fought hard today, and played pretty well. The offensive line may be "mailing it in", but I don't think the rest of the team is. They played a superior team, and they lost. That is all it is.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Wow.
This team, and others like it, are just like teams from last year.

Etc and so forth.

It's like Deja Vu, all over again.

And all over again.

And all over again.

And all over again.

Etc and so forth.

FYP

BigRedChief
12-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not saying every player dogged it but the team as a whole is soft and weak. This team gave up why shouldn't the fans.

Did you see the "tackles" that were made on the Clevland back up QB that cost us the game late?
Did you see our season on the line and down two scores late in the game and we punt instead of going for it on forth down?
You see Law and Wesley give up after the reciever caught the ball and start pointing fingers at each other?

On the other hand did you see the way they played on Thanksgiving? Did you see how the crowd responded? For the whole game total it was the loudest I've ever heard.

I don't blame the fans for leaving. There is a lot of dissatisfaction in Chiefs nation with the mediocre play we see every year. They are just making a statement to the team. The players don't care why should we care? Give them something to cheer and they will cheer their ass's off.

NaptownChief
12-11-2006, 07:58 AM

That youth movement with one of the oldest teams in the league. Yeah boy...

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
maybe those fans are thinking... for the umpteenth time, the Chiefs have quit on their fans.

MahiMike
12-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Don't look to me to come to Herm's/Carl's defense. 1 more yr w/DV woulda had better results than this.

oldandslow
12-11-2006, 08:17 AM
I will always be a Chiefs fan. But to say that I have grown tired of Peterson's act is the understatement of the year.

I am beginning to think the Cubs will win a WS before the Chiefs are back in the SB.

NaptownChief
12-11-2006, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=oldandslow. But to say that I have grown tired of Peterson's act is the understatement of the year.
.[/QUOTE]

Come on...Carl got him a friend and buddy coaching the team. That is what really matters. Just be happy for Carl being able to have a coach that he swaps Christmas cards every year. That is what is important, not that silly winning stuff.

PastorMikH
12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't understand why Chiefs that quit on themselves, the fans, and thier teammates year in and year out.

FWIW, there's a big difference in giving up on the Chiefs and giving up on playoff hopes for the '06 season.

Though, with the way the Chiefs have dissapointed season in and season out for a decade, I can't really blame people who would choose to spend their money and efforts on a team that seriously wants to win and is willing to do what they need to to pull it off. I don't think we will see a truly competitive team as long as Carl is running the show. He depends too much on hiring buddies instead of hiring people that will get the job done.

greg63
12-11-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't understand the fans that quit on the CHiefs

It is futile to try to explain it to you; so I won't try.

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 08:43 AM
put in brody, pollard, page, play them rook's...we have nothing to lose now but better draft pick/ schedule next year!

FAX
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I'll never give up on the Chiefs.

That's the problem.

FAX

greg63
12-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I'll never give up on the Chiefs.

That's the problem.

FAX

Never say never; I thought I never would either.

FAX
12-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Never say never; I thought I never would either.

Hell, Mr. greg63. I've been a fan of this team since the first time I saw Curly Culp make a sack and Otis Taylor catch one deep on the boundry and break 50 tackles on his way to the end zone.

Nobody knows the trouble I seen.

FAX

GoTrav
12-11-2006, 09:33 AM
wow no playoffs

this is a Royals thread, no?

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:03 AM
The thing that gets me is that it was this loss that tipped the scale rather than the Browns loss.

If you are going to throw up your hands and quit, I would have thought it would have happened after losing to a shitty Browns team.

Losing to a team that's beginning to look like one of the top 2 in the AFC doesn't really phase me that much. The Ravens are clearly a better team than us. A win would have been an upset.

Baby Lee
12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
The thing that gets me is that it was this loss that tipped the scale rather than the Browns loss.

If you are going to throw up your hands and quit, I would have thought it would have happened after losing to a shitty Browns team.

Losing to a team that's beginning to look like one of the top 2 in the AFC doesn't really phase me that much. The Ravens are clearly a better team than us. A win would have been an upset.
We already knew that they sucked on the road.
Now they suck at home in December, too.
They're like an onion, intricate layers of suckiness to be revealed over time.

BigRedChief
12-11-2006, 10:07 AM

Losing to a team that's beginning to look like one of the top 2 in the AFC doesn't really phase me that much. The Ravens are clearly a better team than us. A win would have been an upset.What eats away at my passion is the Browns loss, the miami loss last year, the Harbaugh led Colts loss at home when we were the best team in football that year etc etc. Games we have to/should win to be a legitamate Super Bowl contender.

FAX
12-11-2006, 10:08 AM

For me, it's the notion of playing poorly at home, Mr. jspchief. And the fact that we just exhibited another fabulous example of abysmal game planning.

I just listened to the Hermiliar's press conference in which he talked about how difficult it is to play defense if you don't force the enemy offense into "known downs". However, he doesn't seem to mind when our offense is always playing the "known downs" on every damnedable snap. That's what has caused my stool to loosen.

FAX

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't look at is as "quitting on the chiefs"...

I see it more like, seeing that they've thrown enough shit on this fan this year, and decided to take a shower.

A clensing will help.....hopefully this offseason, someone will take a powerwasher to this turd of a team. There will always be a stain in the shorts until things like the Barteeberries are gone.

siberian khatru
However, he doesn't seem to mind when our offense is always playing the "known downs" on every damnedable snap.

FAX

BINGO!

Nzoner

and each one makes KC fans shed even more tears

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 10:12 AM
I can't tell you how refreshing it was to Watch the Saints last night......

Onside K, while up by 3 scores, to put the game away....heaving the ball deep to make sure the beast was slain.

how refreshing would it be to see a flea-flicker in KC that wasn't burning OUR D?

ChiTown
12-11-2006, 10:12 AM
We already knew that they sucked on the road.
Now they suck at home in December, too.

lmao. Nice.

Baby Lee
12-11-2006, 10:13 AM
There will always be a stain in the shorts until things like the Barteeberries are gone.
Don't tell me you your delicates have Simsmarks!!

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Simsmarks, and the wasteband elastic gives more, and has more holes than the Dline and OT depth chart.

Nzoner
12-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I can't tell you how refreshing it was to Watch the Saints last night......

Onside K, while up by 3 scores, to put the game away....heaving the ball deep to make sure the beast was slain.

how refreshing would it be to see a flea-flicker in KC that wasn't burning OUR D?

Agreed on all counts.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I won't quit on them.

I'll just scale back my investment in the Chiefs. Both financially and emotionally.

I'll still get up on Sunday mornings knowing that 3+ hours of my day are spoken for. I just won't let those 3+ hours have a lingering effect on me.

There's too much other real life bullshit for me to let something I enjoy turn into something that tortures me. So I'm going to keep enjoying it.

BigRedChief
12-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I won't quit on them.

I'll just scale back my investment in the Chiefs. Both financially and emotionally.

I'll still get up on Sunday mornings knowing that 3+ hours of my day are spoken for. I just won't let those 3+ hours have a lingering effect on me.

There's too much other real life bullshit for me to let something I enjoy turn into something that tortures me. So I'm going to keep enjoying it.
Shit I've been a fan since watching Lenhy "The Cool" throwing spirals to Otis so I'm not going anywhere but jeeeezzz I'm paying $3,000 a year for 3 season tickets and parking. A lot of people are reconsidering their investment in those tickets

Wait until the Jaguars game. 10,000 empty seats. And those will not be filled next year. I'm predicting 8,000 season ticket holders don't renew next year and no one steps foward to purchase them.

Donger
12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Shit I've been a fan since watching Lenhy "The Cool" throwing spirals to Otis so I'm not going anywhere but jeeeezzz I'm paying $3,000 a year for 3 season tickets and parking. A lot of people are reconsidering their investment in those tickets

Wait until the Jaguars game. 10,000 empty seats. And those will not be filled next year. I'm predicting 8,000 season ticket holders don't renew next year and no one steps foward to purchase them.

Is that really the pulse of the 'real' fans at this point? I must admit, the boos and the virtually empty stadium yesterday made a significant impression upon me.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:37 AM

Wait until the Jaguars game. 10,000 empty seats. And those will not be filled next year. I'm predicting 8,000 season ticket holders don't renew next year and no one steps foward to purchase them.Oh I agree. Thats what I meant by scaling back my financial investment.

You could see it coming. The Chiefs are coming off a 10-6 season, and they had to have their most aggressive marketing that I've seen in a long time to try and sell tickets. If last season was bad enough to scare people off, this season sure as hell isn't going to gain fans.

The only saving grace for the Chiefs is that people had to invest years into getting their good seats and are reluctant to let it go. My Uncle has 6 tickets that he'll never get rid of because it's taken him decades to get to where he is, but every year he finds it harder and harder to fill the 4 seats him and his wife don't use. It's like a stock that you can't make yourself sell because you are afraid one day it will shoot through the roof again.

Bob Dole
12-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I just listened to the Hermiliar's press conference in which he talked about how difficult it is to play defense if you don't force the enemy offense into "known downs". However, he doesn't seem to mind when our offense is always playing the "known downs" on every damnedable snap. That's what has caused my stool to loosen.

We wouldn't want our defense to feel bad about themselves by having the offense look better than them.

The total and intentional dumbing down of this offense is just infuriating at times.

Actually, infuriating is probably a bit much. Bob Dole watched yesterday's abortion pretty much in complete silence. It's getting really hard to give a shit.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Is that really the pulse of the 'real' fans at this point? I must admit, the boos and the virtually empty stadium yesterday made a significant impression upon me.You have to consider the demographics that make up the "real fan".

There's a fair portion of them that sit in bad seats that can barely afford to even be there. The Arrowhead magic has been declining since the day Derrick Thomas died, and IMO it's nearing it's low point. Down economy and down team equals down season ticket sales.

Guru
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Is that really the pulse of the 'real' fans at this point? I must admit, the boos and the virtually empty stadium yesterday made a significant impression upon me.

I had never heard the boobirds at the stadium before in my life. At least not for my own team. Watching that stadium empty out as well as hearing the boos really made an impression on me as a fan.

I would never boo my team nor leave a game early, but I can understand why tons of fans did though. I seriously doubt Carl is overly worried about it though. Unfortunately.

Donger
12-11-2006, 10:42 AM
You have to consider the demographics that make up the "real fan".

There's a fair portion of them that sit in bad seats that can barely afford to even be there. The Arrowhead magic has been declining since the day Derrick Thomas died, and IMO it's nearing it's low point. Down economy and down team equals down season ticket sales.

What a pity.

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I haven't been to a game this year on purpose. I usually attend 2-4, and drive 6hrs each way to do it.

Donger
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I had never heard the boobirds at the stadium before in my life. At least not for my own team. Watching that stadium empty out as well as hearing the boos really made an impression on me as a fan.

I would never boo my team nor leave a game early, but I can understand why tons of fans did though. I seriously doubt Carl is overly worried about it though. Unfortunately.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the timing of the boos seemed to indicate something greater than a poor single game performance. It sounded like a culmination of years of frustration.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 10:51 AM
What a pity.It is. Like I said in a previous post...the fans have given everything to this team for a long time now. But there comes a point when you just don't have any more to give.

You witness it on a smaller scale in individual games. The crowd starts out screaming their lungs out the entire time we are on defense. Then there are a few of those third and longs that are so loud your head is pounding, and the opponent completes a 16 yard pass to a wide open guy. After a few quarters of this, the fans no longer get up for first and 2nd down. Then after a few more 3rd down failures, the fans start feeling like there's no point. Screaming can't cover or tackle.

What's happening now is just a larger version of that. The early/mid 90s were those first two quarters of the game, when every Chiefs fans believed the sky was the limit. By the late 90s, we knew to temper our enthusiasm, waiting for those special seasons. Now after nearly a decade of that wide open 3rd and long reception, we have a hard time believing it will be different.

chiefs4me
12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't see it as giving up so much as venting....come on, how many times can you say wait till next year....and I also don't see fans giving up, but I do see players giving up....jmo

greg63
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Hell, Mr. greg63. I've been a fan of this team since the first time I saw Curly Culp make a sack and Otis Taylor catch one deep on the boundry and break 50 tackles on his way to the end zone.

Nobody knows the trouble I seen.

FAX

FWIW I tip my hat to you Mr. Fax. :)

greg63
12-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Well, that is where it started for me.

BIG_DADDY
12-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Sometimes you have to boo to make your point. What is going on in KC is just not acceptable as a fan and you want change. I would like to see a total change in KC. A top to bottom rebuilding starting with Carl Peterson.

BIG_DADDY
12-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, that is where it started for me.

You should have known the season was over after the Cleveland game. That was just pathetic. THat was also the point where Herm lost me. Call me crazy but I just can't back a coach that wants to put skirts on our players.

Scaga
12-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I'll join the list of those who won't invest another dime in the support for our team. I'll sit, watch, and cheer every single game but there will be no more road trips for me until a better product is put on the field. My sister called at 6:00 yesterday offering me "free" tickets (thanks to her friends that got so $hitfaced the night before they couldn't make it). Gave me a chance to take my 11 year old to a game this year.
But, it won't happen again. That was sickening.

My vent:
Ty and Greg W....you both f'd up. Don't make asses out of yourself with a high school girl screaming match ON THE FIELD.

Defense:
Quit flapping your arms asking for crowd noise on every play.
Give us something to cheer about. Spend a little more energy trying to kill the QB and a little less trying to F'n FLY. You look stupid.

O Line...not good.
Coaching...beyond belief. Every aspect sucked
Management....I won't even bother.

Even with the "free" tickets, I still managed to spend about $100 before the day was done (and that's without drinking a single overpriced beer in the stadium...but that's another vent)

It's just the same ol $hit year after year.

"And with the 19 pick in the 2007 NFL draft....."

HonestChieffan
12-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I didn't really quit, I'm just exercising my option to use this time of year to once again celebrate the return of the "Boy we almost made it" week.

For we who are long long time Chiefs Fans, we do this every year. Herm just got us there sooner than usual.

Next year we will be doing this about Halloween.

Inspector
12-11-2006, 02:51 PM
You should have known the season was over after the Cleveland game. That was just pathetic. THat was also the point where Herm lost me. Call me crazy but I just can't back a coach that wants to put skirts on our players.

Agreed.

Besides, the skirts would make it even easier for them to get tackled.

El Jefe
12-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah we have youth coming up we will be fine. I wish all the Herm bashers to shut up.the guy hasnt even been here a year everyone was counting us done when Trent went down and he kept us in it and everybody seems to have forgotten that. I love Herm Edwards and how he runs a team, get rid of Gunn and get a new DC.

splatbass
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah we have youth coming up we will be fine. I wish all the Herm bashers to shut up.the guy hasnt even been here a year everyone was counting us done when Trent went down and he kept us in it and everybody seems to have forgotten that. I love Herm Edwards and how he runs a team, get rid of Gunn and get a new DC.

I agree with most of this. I think Herm has done an admirable job considering all the injuries. When Green went down everyone at the bar I was watching the game at said the season was over. We were all wrong.

I do think we need a better OC. Did we ever pass on first down? I don't remember it. 90% of the time it was run-run-pass. Occasionally we would pass on second down, but not often. That is way too predictable. After we had run on first every time and they started to stack the box we should have tried a play action pass. I'm not a football expert in the least, but even I can see that the play calling was terrible.

El Jefe
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree totally Mr. splatbass we were way to predictable. Yeah run run pass punt gets old watching and its pretty easy to stop. Boy Trent had a couple of terrible picks.

greg63
12-11-2006, 10:45 PM

Yep!

cjp27
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll never quit, and I'll be cheering the Chiefs on if they're 0-16 next year, but I've gotta admit that I'm probably more down on this team than I've been since I started watching them in 1989. I'd like to think that there will be improvement in the next couple years, but the reality is that this team is OLD, and there needs to be some kind of serious rebuilding effort.

I know it's still mathematically possible to make the playoffs, and if we managed to win the last three games, I think we probably get in. However, I refuse to be blindly optimistic any more, and instead will try and face the reality that it will be another January without the Chiefs. And this is coming from a guy that was still holding out hope that the Chiefs would make the playoffs in '01 when we started 1-6.

I guess I'll just try and enjoy what's left of the season, because it'll be a long 9 months before the '07 season.

Hendrix68
12-11-2006, 11:58 PM
what season?

That ended in Cleveland.