PDA

View Full Version : Does a game like this ruin your week too?

MIAdragon
12-10-2006, 01:56 PM
This $hit kills me, and it stays with me ALL week.

Bugeater
12-10-2006, 01:57 PM
You need some other interests then.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Not anymore.....dont let it get to you that bad man.

This team, players and organization arnt worth it.

MichaelH
12-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Not anymore. I used to be grumpy to my wife and kids. Then I realized how important they are compared to a silly football game. Life is too short.

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 01:59 PM
no, I'm relieved...no more playoff fantasies....bring on the draft

John_Locke
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
yea, when I get to work and the denver bandwagon fans give me shite

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Not anymore... until next year. ;)

I've got my college football team still playing to look forward to!

Go Bearcats: 4:30 pm central on ESPNU

Fairplay
12-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Not really. What you do about it? Nothing.

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
No, I died last week.

Archie F. Swin
I'll take my sorrows to Allen Field house

|Zach|
This team, players and organization arnt worth it.
I bet you have made this post hundreds and hundreds of times.

It is a fine and understandable stance to have.

But the more you talk about it the more you show you don't believe what you say.

I really don't understand how some of you do this. When you don't seem to enjoy it. That may not be the case...I don't know you....

But how much would you have to hate yourself to be so involved in something you dont like.

Sure-Oz
This just ruins me evening a bit if anything....this week is going to suck anyway, im sick, have finals, adn jury ****ing duty

thedude
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
not when you have gil meche.

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM

But the more you talk about it the more you show you don't believe what you say.

I really don't understand how some of you do this. When you don't seem to enjoy it. That may not be the case...I don't know you....

But how much would you have to hate yourself to be so involved in something you dont like.

thanks, we all needed a lecture...

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM
On to college basketball, at least Missouri State is doing well.

Baby Lee
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Not anymore. When co-workers give me that gloaty look, I just say "What? I know the suck. You know I'm a loser. What?"

Deberg_1990
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM

Oh i still care....i just dont get as emotionally wrapped up in it as when i was younger. Life is too short....ive got kids and a family now..

In the early 90's i would have been throwing things at the TV and kicking in walls.....ive learned there is more to life.....

ferrarispider95
12-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Don't get down....we are still in it.

If the jets lose today and one more and broncos still lose today, and we can win last three games and can sneak in behind the bengals.

Cmon, we can beat the chargers on the road.

ROFL

|Zach|
12-10-2006, 02:07 PM
thanks, we all needed a lecture...
That wasn't a lecture...it was more just an observation full of amazement.

If it is your schtick then best of luck to you...really.

I couldn't imagine hating myself that much.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Sure it sucks but after being a Chiefs fan for years I'm use to it and just let it go.

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I am not at all upset with this loss.

I had no expectation of winning this game, even with our Dec. win streak.

And I certainly had no playoff expectation.

This is what this team is, right now.

I have come to accept that.

I root for them, I get pissed during the game, but in the end it is only a game.

It's now time to enjoy the draft discussions.

Ari Chi3fs
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Last week pissed me off, but I realized that I put too much merit into the Chiefs, and having their success affect my attitude.

To be honest, I dont even care that we lost today, it puts no money in my pocket either way.

I have tickets to the Jax game, and will enjoy that, but as far as caring, Im over it.

Too many years of mediocrity has eliminated my hope in playoffs and superbowls... if it happens someday, yee haw, if not, no big deal.

I love the Chiefs but had enough pathetic mediocrity, so, whatever happens, happens.

Its better for my mental state this way.

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
BTW, is it time to put up DraftPlanet yet?

:D

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
For me, not really. Last week was horrible. But with the loss, I can now completely give up my hopes for a playoff appearance. And, losing to a team like Baltimore doesn't hurt anywhere nearly as much as losing to a team like the Browns.

Bowser
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Used to, but not anymore. Certainly, during the game I'm a mess, but after, not so much.

They are what they are - an average football team. When you accept this, it makes life so much more easy.

grandllama
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM
No, I died last week.

Yep, last week ruined my late summer, fall, and early winter. This is just business as usual when you are a Chiefs fan.

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I've been dating this hooker long enough to know she was going to blow someone this week.

I was prepared.

Eff it...I'm taking my daughter to see Santa.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:24 PM
it's great
you need a excuse or sympathy nut losing
it's pliable

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
BTW, is it time to put up DraftPlanet yet?

:D

That's more depressing.....I follow the draft stuff closely and the Chiefs have a high chance of blowing picks......draft day is one of my favorite days and the Chiefs routinly make me mad during it.

Bowser
12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
That's more depressing.....I follow the draft stuff closely and the Chiefs have a high chance of blowing picks......draft day is one of my favorite days and the Chiefs routinly make me mad during it.

Were you pissed at the Hali pick?

Baby Lee
12-10-2006, 02:30 PM
I know I'm opening myself up to all sorts of smaque on my fandom. But serious question;

If the only thing I care in the least about being around next year are Arrowhead stadium and Lamar Hunt, am I still a fan.

I mean, Hali, DJ, LJ, and Allen I might pause a moment and say "Oh, that's too bad." Otherwise, it's a big WGAF?

KChiefs1
12-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Like a lot of Chiefs fans....last week was enough for me to realize that this Chiefs team wasn't meant for the playoffs this season.

I look forward to the bowl season & then the draft speculation.

Fairplay
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Hummas throws dinner plates at walls when he gets pissed.

Hes an educated man though.

TrickyNicky
12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I am not at all upset with this loss.

I had no expectation of winning this game, even with our Dec. win streak.

And I certainly had no playoff expectation.

This is what this team is, right now.

I have come to accept that.

I root for them, I get pissed during the game, but in the end it is only a game.

It's now time to enjoy the draft discussions.
This is pretty much how I feel after last week. Nice post.

My second favorite sport is going to be on 60 Minutes tonight and KU has always been my favorite Basketball team. So, no matter how bad I feel, there's always something else to look forward to.

KcMizzou
12-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Week? No. It does put a damper on the next couple of days though.

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Were you pissed at the Hali pick?

Yes he was.
He wanted Cromartie.

KCLJ27
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
It does suck but i get over it quickly. Its not within your control so theres no reason to let it bother you. Just smile and move on.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
a donkey meltdown tonight would do wonders
maybe boner worthy
but then again the wind blowing can cause that

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes he was.
He wanted Cromartie.

Wow! Cromartie wasn't available when we picked. He also has something like 35 less tackles than Hali.

How could someone who wanted Cromartie be upset with Hali?

blueballs
12-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Mecca is a just a destonation
now body ever really goes there

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Wow! Cromartie wasn't available when we picked. He also has something like 35 less tackles than Hali.

How could someone who wanted Cromartie be upset with Hali?

It's not so much that he was upset with Hali.

He's upset with Carl for the medicrity where we have to settle.

I wanted Hali all along, but I do understand Mecca's frustration.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Cromartie was gone when we picked......yes he was the guy I wanted. Remember we hadn't signed Law at that time.

I didn't hate the Hali pick considering there wasn't much else on the board at the time, although I felt we could have dropped down a few sports and still got him.

I didn't really hate or like that pick.....indifferent is what I'd say. However I hated the Pollard and Croyle picks.

Ugly Duck
12-10-2006, 02:56 PM
no, I'm relieved...no more playoff fantasies....bring on the draft

Thats the spirit! Tsk, tsk - all this gloom & doom. Your team is a full 5 games better than worst in the NFL. A solid 2nd tier team.... and you get a decent draft pick... same as the Donks!

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
shouldn't bring your week down. These guys are millionaires we care more than him

Ugly Duck
12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Hummas throws dinner plates at walls when he gets pissed.

We Greeks throw dinner plates when we're happy. Still have a full set here in RaiderLand this year....

big nasty kcnut
12-10-2006, 03:14 PM
It's like a bad dream cause my grandmom got set up for hospice yesterday. I worked today. Also i got bruises on my arms from my brother roughhouseing with me. Plus chiefs lost cause the chiefs planet hate me.

Frazod
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm doing okay. I knew it was over last week. (Last week really sucked.) I've accepted it and embraced the horror. Besides, at this point, every loss is good - they will improve our draft position and solidify pinkslips for some of the deadweight losers. I honestly don't see us winning another game this year. Painful, but again, for the best.

Plus, the Donx are swirling down the toilet right alongside us. Misery loves company. I don't hate San Diego, and if it can't be us winning the division, better them than Denver or Oakland.

And finally, all I have to do is put on my Cardinals World Series cap, crank up We Are The Champions, and the Griefs and the endless agony they inflict upon me effectively fade away.

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm doing okay. I knew it was over last week. (Last week really sucked.) I've accepted it and embraced the horror. Besides, at this point, every loss is good - they will improve our draft position and solidify pinkslips for some of the deadweight losers. I honestly don't see us winning another game this year. Painful, but again, for the best.

Plus, the Donx are swirling down the toilet right alongside us. Misery loves company. I don't hate San Diego, and if it can't be us winning the division, better them than Denver or Oakland.

And finally, all I have to do is put on my Cardinals World Series cap, crank up We Are The Champions, and the Griefs and the endless agony they inflict upon me effectively fade away.

Eh, you still have the Sun Bowl to look forward to. :evil:

Frazod
12-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Eh, you still have the Sun Bowl to look forward to. :evil:

nlm

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 04:00 PM
nlm

Hey, I'll be right here with you dropping F-bombs on Stinkel.

StcChief
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
No..not after Cleveland.

We had to be ready and up for Ravens

We were not so we don't deserve to be in playoffs..

When does baseball start.