PDA

View Full Version : A draft criterion that is consistently underrated.

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 03:56 PM
If I was drafting a team, one of the key questions I would ask in my interviews is, "Tell me about football. How do you like playing football?"

We draft guys like Greg Wesley, who didn't grow up playing football, and guys like Kevin Sampson, who admits that he's not a football fan, and what do we expect to get out of it? They don't enjoy the sport. They don't like to play the game, so they're going to look for excuses to avoid contact (Wesley) and avoid games (Sampson).

A guy like Larry Johnson falls in the draft, and yet he's a guy who loves the game and wants to be on the field and wants to be carrying the football. The Doug Fluties and the Chris Spielmans and the Jared Allens - those are the guys I want to have on my team.

I figure that some of you will deluge me with exceptions like Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates, but those guys are just that: exceptions. I would view anyone who's not a fan of the game as a much bigger draft risk than those who really like playing.

That is all.

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm a huge fan. Draft me.

cdcox
12-10-2006, 03:59 PM
I agree except for the Doug Flutie part.

ChiefsCountry
I agree with that. Football isnt always about the 40 times and vertical jumps.

Simplex3
It's maddening that a guy who gets paid millions is less excited about football than guys who pay thousands.

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm a huge fan. Draft me.

Here are some steroids. Come back in a year and we'll talk.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
We want guys playing for the Chiefs, not the Chargers.

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
We want guys playing for the Chiefs, not the Chargers.

I hate the Chargers' proximity to Tiajuana. It represents an unfair advantage.

siberian khatru
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM

I have very reasonable contract demands. You want me for my signability.

jidar
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
i agree

TrickyNicky
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm sure Ryan Sims took several minutes to expound on how much he loved playing the game during his interview...

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I would've asked Ryan Sims to describe some of his favorite plays that he remembers. If he can't name any, he's a poser. Give me five minutes and ten questions with any person, and I can tell you how much of a football fan they are.

DomerNKC
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Christian Okoye

StcChief
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
I would've asked Ryan Sims to describe some of his favorite plays that he remembers. If he can't name any, he's a poser. Give me five minutes and ten questions with any person, and I can tell you how much of a football fan they are.

Yep, you would think the coaches would do that...

Somebody that hasn't played alot but has heart..... Tamba Hali and a reason to play.

These pampered fast, strong athletes. Seem like they may not give two sh1ts either way.

It's just $$$.

the Talking Can
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
When asked what he loved about football, Sims responded "Pizza with hot wings and ranch dressing."

That should of tipped us off.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
All right, this crap with Simplex and StcChief having the same avatars is ****ing me up.