PDA

View Full Version : The season isn't over

KrazyKorean4
12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe I'm just being a huge optimist, but last I checked, the Chiefs have a 7-6 record right now, and are still in the play-off hunt, although it seems rather bleak. With three games left, we could win out and go 10-6. I'm sick of people saying that the season is over. It's not over til the season ends. While there isn't a ton of hope, there is still hope. I know that the overall record isn't the only thing that matters, and that conference record plays a big role too, but we could get the last spot in the AFC wildcard. San Diego is keeping Denver down, and Buffalo is pulling an upset against the Jets, which still gets us tied. So, people please. We're Chiefs fans. Chiefs are our lives, and while they may let us down, they're still our team. And I strongly believe an over-confident Charger team will realize that when we come into town to face them next Sunday.

Now who's with me! CHARGE!!!!

*runs maniacally around in circles*

Mecca
12-10-2006, 05:14 PM
We aren't winning in San Diego....

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I have a dream that someday we'll win a playoff game. I have a dream. However, I think there's a better chance that men will be judged on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

TrickyNicky
12-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a Dreamsickle. It's delicious.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2006, 05:21 PM
And you wonder why people shouldnt do meth and crack....

YES the season is over.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I have a dream that someday we'll win a playoff game. I have a dream. However, I think there's a better chance that men will be judged on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.
Dreams are tasty. People love to eat other people's.

tk13
12-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Actually, if the current scores hold... we just need to win out, and have one Jets loss (@ MIA), and we're in. THE DREAM IS ALIVE! SUPER BOWL 41!!!

CoMoChief
12-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Technically you're right because we have 3 more games left. Having that said there no way we are making the postseason unless a fuggin miracle happens. Cincy and Jax will get the last 2 spots. There's no way we are going to win in SD. Oakland could present us some problems also, shit we lost to CLE on the road theres no reason to believe that OAK is a sure win. JAX is the only game I see us winning, but by then it won't matter.

StcChief
12-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually, if the current scores hold... we just need to win out, and have one Jets loss (@ MIA), and we're in. THE DREAM IS ALIVE! SUPER BOWL 41!!!
True. but.....

step away from the :bong: and get a hold of yourself.

SnapDogg
12-10-2006, 05:26 PM
eer, pass me what you're smokin, stick a fork in us, we're DONE!

PinkFloyd
12-10-2006, 05:31 PM
We aren't winning in San Diego....

Or in Oakland or at home against the Jags...

YES-- i'm sorry --- the Faiders will beat us !!

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Maybe we should devote the rest of the season to Pinochet.

Guru
12-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Stick a fork in 'em. They are DONE!!! Accept it. Enjoy the rest of the season and get ready for next year.

Wait, I could swear I have heard this before......

Oh yeah, 37 straight years now, for me at least.

Cochise
12-10-2006, 05:37 PM

StcChief
12-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Maybe we should devote the rest of the season to Pinochet

None of that fancy wine for me.... :hmmm:

I'm sticking with good Ale.

PastorMikH
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
This season was over when we lost to the Browns. No way a playoff-bound team loses that game.

Cochise
12-10-2006, 05:41 PM
This season was over when we lost to the Browns. No way a playoff-bound team loses that game.

I agree. I think a chunk of the team started mailing it in about halfway through that game and will continue the rest of the year. :shake:

Nightwish
12-10-2006, 06:40 PM
And you wonder why people shouldnt do meth and crack....

YES the season is over.
And if by chance we should manage to make it into the post-season, I'm sure you won't mind if we copy this post and put it up on the front page as a sticky!

Optimists may be silly, but defeatists are even worse.

Chief Nute
12-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I am as pissed as the next guy, and think that we suck as much as the next guy too. But really......do we suck, or do we just have a lot of no good, slow, past their prime, overpaid bums in our secondary?

With all that being said.......IF and that is a HUGE IF.......San Diego is a bit relaxed next week after clinching and Indianapolis losing, and the Chiefs actually have a "back against the wall attitude" because this TRULY is their last chance. They MAY have a shot.......I really think that this years Chiefs team is a good matchup with the Chargers.....because I really dont think they expose our weakness like some other teams can. We have contained LaDainian like no other team this year and I really think that our run defense is not the problem. I think we give em a game next week.......

And if we run the table, we WILL get in.

Have a little heart boys (the team that is)

Hey, look at it this way.....of the 5 teams that came in tied today.....who deserves it??? The Jets who lost to the same Browns as us and played a much easier schedule and lost to the Bills today? The Broncos are are imploding before our very eyes? The Jaguars......maybe, but we still get them at home in what could still be a win and in scenario. The Bengals are the only one that have excelled.....but there are two spots. The Chiefs can still get one.

I cant believe what I just typed here......because we dont deserve to get in....... but hey crazier things have happened.

chiefsfan987
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
If the Chiefs pull out a miracle next week in SD and the Jets lose @ Minnesota, the Chiefs will control their own destiny as crazy as that sounds.

Coach
12-10-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh boy, my season was over when we lost to the Dolphins. We should had won that game, period.

I also agree about the Browns game as well.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh boy, my season was over when we lost to the Dolphins. We should had won that game, period.

Dolphins are a decent team look at what they did to New England today.

Coach
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Dolphins are a decent team look at what they did to New England today.

Yes, I agree. However, what sepreates a great team from an average team is beating the teams that is 3-6 or 2-7, despite how well they are playing recently.