PDA

View Full Version : NWMSU Bearcats

PinkFloyd
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Are winning 16-3 in the 3rd quarter..... Just thought some area folks might wanna know..

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
how's it going now?

I don't get El Ocho.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Northwest beats Bloomsburg 33-3.

Grand Valley State (team who beat Northwest in the finals last year) are leading Delta State 35-14 in the other semifinal.

Coach
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Northwest's D was really good, from what I heard over the radio.

When is the D-II Championship game, and will that be televised on ESPN?

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Northwest's D was really good, from what I heard over the radio.

When is the D-II Championship game, and will that be televised on ESPN?
Northwest's D is INSANE good. There are a few D-1 teams that would kill for a defense like Northwest's.

D-II national championship is televised at Noon, 11 central, Saturday morning on ESPN2.

Coach
12-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Northwest's D is INSANE good. There are a few D-1 teams that would kill for a defense like Northwest's.

D-II national championship is televised at Noon, 11 central, Saturday morning on ESPN2.

Awesome. Is the Championship game on a neutral site, or the home team w/ a best record?

*I'm assuming it is in a neutral site.*

PinkFloyd
12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Florance,Alabama

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Awesome. Is the Championship game on a neutral site, or the home team w/ a best record?

*I'm assuming it is in a neutral site.*
The D-II championship is held annually in Florence, AL. The home stadium of D2 team University of North Alabama.

Cochise
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Nice. One play away last year, maybe they can do it this year.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
lol, the swarm of people who took down the goal posts are carrying one of the uprights down my road right now. The rest of the posts were either dumped off in Colden Pond, or sawed into collectible pieces at one of the bars, probably The Palms.

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm sure it would be a nice night to do the crawl from the pub to the palms to whatever the old Sportspage and TO's are now called.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm sure it would be a nice night to do the crawl from the pub to the palms to whatever the old Sportspage and TO's are now called.
Unfortunately, Finals start tomorrow ;) An interesting conflict, to be sure.

Cochise
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
lol, the swarm of people who took down the goal posts are carrying one of the uprights down my road right now. The rest of the posts were either dumped off in Colden Pond, or sawed into collectible pieces at one of the bars, probably The Palms.

Same thing happened when I was there when they went to Alabama. It actually knocked me over as it was going into the pond. Somehow I avoided falling in, that wouldn't have been a pleasant walk home in December.

Bearcat
12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
If there was ever a case for the BCS... :D

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 08:23 PM
There was an event the night before finals my freshman year....I was awakend about 8:30 to the site of a Campus Fife in my face, realising I was late to rapell off of one of Phillips.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Unfortunately, Finals start tomorrow ;) An interesting conflict, to be sure.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
There was an event the night before finals my freshman year....I was awakend about 8:30 to the site of a Campus Fife in my face, realising I was late to rapell off of one of Phillips.

Thats all I have to say about that.
ROFL ROFL

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
It's official -- Northwest plays defending champs Grand Valley State. It'd be nice to avenge our loss last year.

I'm worried about the game, personally. Our D is awesome, but GV WILL get their fair share of points. Cullen Finnerty is too good of a QB, and his #1 WR, Eric Fowler, is 4th-5th round draft pick material.

I'm worried about Northwest's offense. It sputtered in the red zone all night against Bloomsburg. Norhtwest needs to correct that so they can finish drives else they get blown put next week.

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I would kill for one run into the playoffs for missouri western. Sadly I think we like the equivelent of missouri U to nebraska. We will knock off a team or two but never ever take that next step. Considering that 65 percent of people from st joe have even graduated high school, let alone college doesn't help. Even though northwest is a bunch of sheeplovin queers good job for them and enjoy it. I will be glad to see churchma out of there. I wonder what he could do at a 1aa school or div 1. Northwest is able to get guys who normally would go DIV 1 but doesn't meet standards.

Cochise
12-10-2006, 10:11 PM
I eventually quit going out for the fire alarms when I lived in Dietrich. Some jackhole would pull them almost every night at 2 or 3 am. I too, had Andy and Barney key their way into my room once and bark at me to get outside, safe from the no fire.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 11:46 PM
I would kill for one run into the playoffs for missouri western. Sadly I think we like the equivelent of missouri U to nebraska. We will knock off a team or two but never ever take that next step. Considering that 65 percent of people from st joe have even graduated high school, let alone college doesn't help. Even though northwest is a bunch of sheeplovin queers good job for them and enjoy it. I will be glad to see churchma out of there. I wonder what he could do at a 1aa school or div 1. Northwest is able to get guys who normally would go DIV 1 but doesn't meet standards.
I'd dispute that NW gets a lot of guys that don't meet academic standards. Certainly that is a facet of the D2 game, but Coach Mel places a big priority on the academics of his players. Most of the players are ones who are overlooked by D1 teams. It helps that there isn't a very big 1-AA presence in the area.

Also, Mo West made the playoffs for the first time in school history this year. They started hot, but faded down the stretch and it showed in the playoffs. Mo West had to travel to Texas to play Midwestern State and their number one offense in the nation. They gave up two touchdowns in the last 5 minutes to lose a game they should have won. The next week, NW held that number one offense to a grand total of zero points, winning 27-0. ;)

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 11:49 PM
BTW - click this link http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2693496

It's an AP write up for the game, with a post-game analysis video by the ESPNU guys who called the game. Shows some footage of Xavier Omon shredding the Bloomsburg defense (149 yards, 2TD) and the Bearcat defense sacking Bloomsburg QB Lattore 6 times. The clip ends with students tearing down one of the goal posts while "Sweet Home Alabama" plays over the sound system ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
It was fun tearing down the posts.

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 11:59 PM
It was fun tearing down the posts.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m227/psychobearcat/n62101451_30686407_6377.jpg

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
yeah i am certainly not going to throw stones at northwest studies. Not with my program.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m227/psychobearcat/n62101451_30686407_6377.jpg

FREAKIN SWEET, THAT'S JOE AND ME!!

ERR, YOU DON'T KNOW JOE, BUT SWEET!!

Where did you get that?

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 12:03 AM
FREAKIN SWEET, THAT'S JOE AND ME!!

ERR, YOU DON'T KNOW JOE, BUT SWEET!!

Where did you get that?
Well, I was totally there. The pic isn't mine though, I used someone else's from d2football.com.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, I was totally there. The pic isn't mine though, I used someone else's from d2football.com.

sweetness. The Bearcats are my only team (and school) that are doing anything worth while

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 12:10 AM
sweetness. The Bearcats are my only team (and school) that are doing anything worth while
I hear that loud and clear.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd dispute that NW gets a lot of guys that don't meet academic standards. Certainly that is a facet of the D2 game, but Coach Mel places a big priority on the academics of his players. Most of the players are ones who are overlooked by D1 teams. It helps that there isn't a very big 1-AA presence in the area.

Also, Mo West made the playoffs for the first time in school history this year. They started hot, but faded down the stretch and it showed in the playoffs. Mo West had to travel to Texas to play Midwestern State and their number one offense in the nation. They gave up two touchdowns in the last 5 minutes to lose a game they should have won. The next week, NW held that number one offense to a grand total of zero points, winning 27-0. ;)

That's good that he holds them to high standards....It sucks for me as a Truman alum that we will never have the same chance for success that NW will (and never have the hickory stick b/c of it).

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Royals, missouri, missouri western, pittsburgh penguins, eagles chiefs fan here.

BWillie
12-11-2006, 12:35 AM
I think I actually might road trip to Alabama next weekend where they have the championship game. I didn't go to Northwest, but I've visited there a ton. Good fun school to party at thats for sure. What is the atmosphere going to be like around the game? Think there will be alot of drunkys and hot college tail?

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't know that I totally believe that NW is only bringing in good students.

I was in the "coaching football" course Church-ma taught his first year at NW. He freely admitted that he brought in a bunch of thug Juco players from Tejas. Some of them were in there, and I'd question if a couple of them knew the proper way to hold a pencil.

Maybe its changed....but the Football players weren't all smart, when they were 0-11.

Cochise
12-11-2006, 09:38 AM

I was in the "coaching football" course Church-ma taught his first year at NW. He freely admitted that he brought in a bunch of thug Juco players from Tejas. Some of them were in there, and I'd question if a couple of them knew the proper way to hold a pencil.

Maybe its changed....but the Football players weren't all smart, when they were 0-11.

I was a TA for a couple of classes during my last two semesters and... I believe it.

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Some of the good players have been local boys with connections....the Teals for example.

Chris Whatshisname that was drafted, had D1 talent, but had blown his knee out, which was why he was available.

I knew some players and still do....some were good, intelligent guys with local connections, others were good, but not quite big enough or whatever to get the big school looks.

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 10:14 AM

Certainly. And it's still part of the game, so to speak. But Mel's built up such a program that we don't have to rely on getting juco's anymore. NW is in the class where supplemental players come more from D1/D-AA transfers than jucos. Transfers because of playing time, that is. It's a good place to be in.

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4631/apksjunrrdiviibloomsb2bz6.jpg

Bump