PDA

View Full Version : This is funny to me...

ChiefEd
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, Fellas. This cracks me up. We have two Sh*tty games and everyone's (just about anyway) ready to write off the season. "We'll never make it", etc.

Yet, after we beat SD next week, this board will be rocking with comments like "All we need is one Jets loss". Everyone'll be back.

I know it sucks, y'all, but don't hang it up. It ain't over yet. Being from SD I'm at every Cheif game here. The team with the worse record ALWAYS wins. Trust me, I've been on both sides. They've clinched the div, LT got his record. They'll roll over on this one.

We'll beat the Chargers next week and playoff hopes will be alive and well. Keep the faith!!!

By the way, if we then lose to the Faiders the following week I'll deny ever typing this!?!

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Life at ChiefsPlanet, enjoy the ride.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
You must not hang around here often.

milkman
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd laugh at you, but I don't make fun of people with special needs.

StcChief
12-10-2006, 07:51 PM
The way we are playing. Go in to SD and W.

Only if they hand us the game like we did with turnovers today.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
LMAO

LT2 is going to double the TD record against our _efense. Well, that is if Gates and Rivers don't light us up like the Vegas strip.

KcMizzou
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
We get this post every week after a loss too.

Last week it was, "After we beat baltimore, everyone will be back on the bandwagon" And, honestly I believed it. I figured Arrowhead and hurt pride would win it for us.

Turns out we're just not as good as I'd hoped. Sorry, but barring a miracle, the playoffs are out for this year.

TrickyNicky
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Don't forget we'd need Cinci to lose, twice, as well.

Sorry bud. It's not in the cards for this team. We controlled our own destiny and let a Rookie QB in Cleveland (Ungh) make a sandwich and take a nap before he had to throw the ball.

tk13
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
If we win next week, we could very well be going to the playoffs. Now us actually winning next week, that's another matter.

Although, I do honestly think everybody else has such a tough schedule, we can hang right in this wild card race until the last week. Only to watch us win that last game and still not get in, just like last year.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
And another thing:

Who the f**k cares if we back into the playoffs. We'd just get pounded in the first round like usual.

tk13
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Don't forget we'd need Cinci to lose, twice, as well.

Sorry bud. It's not in the cards for this team. We controlled our own destiny and let a Rookie QB in Cleveland (Ungh) make a sandwich and take a nap before he had to throw the ball.
Actually Cincy could be irrelevant to us at this point. All we'd need to do is win out and have the Jets drop one (they have @ MIN, @ Miami coming up), and we're in.

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
We know the Chiefs are my bad girlfriend. Because of this knowledge, I fully expect that they'll beat Sandy Eggo...probably in convincing fashion, so as to raise the hopes of the faithful.

The Chiefs will not make the playoffs...I've been a Chiefs fan long enough to know that.

We're sort of like the Bullemics and Cutters of NFL Football fandom. we like the pain.

Wallcrawler
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Arent you a lock for the Playoffs if you win your division? If the Chiefs defeat SD, and Oakland, they only have the 1 loss to Denver in the division. SD and Oakland would have lost to KC twice, and Denver would split with KC, but they lost to SD also.

The Chiefs would have only 1 division loss. Doesnt that win the division? Or are there other factors involved there?

Not like this team deserves a playoff berth in the first place with the way theyve collapsed over the past couple weeks, but I never have had all that stuff straight about how the divisions are won, tiebreakers, all that stuff.

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Overall record gets in the way of that hypothesis wallcrawler.

If it came down to Chiefs-Denver with the same record for the last spot..yeah.

If any other team is involved, it goes to Conference record....the Chiefs AFC record is ****tacular.

No playoffs for KC. Period.

Sure-Oz
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
We beat SD next week ill have hope, we still play at oakland which will be tough too. it will take ALOT, probably more than this sad bunch deserves.

milkman
12-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Arent you a lock for the Playoffs if you win your division? If the Chiefs defeat SD, and Oakland, they only have the 1 loss to Denver in the division. SD and Oakland would have lost to KC twice, and Denver would split with KC, but they lost to SD also.

The Chiefs would have only 1 division loss. Doesnt that win the division? Or are there other factors involved there?

Not like this team deserves a playoff berth in the first place with the way theyve collapsed over the past couple weeks, but I never have had all that stuff straight about how the divisions are won, tiebreakers, all that stuff.

SD has already clinched the division.

Lonewolf Ed
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM

If the Chiefs went 6 and 0 vs. the AFC West and lost every other game, they'd be 6-10. So, just because they win their division games is not a lock that they win the division. A 6-10 record would likely land the Chiefs in third place, since Oakland is so horrible. Now, if the Chiefs and San Diego finished 10-6 each, then they look at head to head competition, overall record vs. the other AFC West teams, and that's as far as I am (reasonably) sure of how this works.

Thig Lyfe
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I was saying the same thing before today's game... now, though, I'm thinking no way we taste playoffs this season.

Nzoner
12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
And another thing:

Who the f**k cares if we back into the playoffs. We'd just get pounded in the first round like usual.

Absofockinglutely!!!

morphius
12-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Absofockinglutely!!!
Hey, if it is good enough for Denver fans the last 3 years...

hehe

HMc
12-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, who wants to make the playoffs, the 6th seed always loses the first game. WHy do they bother playing the games
?

el borracho
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Ok, Fellas. This cracks me up. We have two Sh*tty games and everyone's (just about anyway) ready to write off the season. "We'll never make it", etc.

Yet, after we beat SD next week, this board will be rocking with comments like "All we need is one Jets loss". Everyone'll be back.

I know it sucks, y'all, but don't hang it up. It ain't over yet. Being from SD I'm at every Cheif game here. The team with the worse record ALWAYS wins. Trust me, I've been on both sides. They've clinched the div, LT got his record. They'll roll over on this one.

We'll beat the Chargers next week and playoff hopes will be alive and well. Keep the faith!!!

By the way, if we then lose to the Faiders the following week I'll deny ever typing this!?!
I like you; you're crazy.