PDA

View Full Version : DV's Chiefs are better.

chiefsfan1963
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM
No doubt. Despite all the failures on D, DV is a better HC. All the factors I have discussed in past threads this season have all come true. We are not a playoff team. Playing to win is the only way to go in this league just look at Marty and you'll realize that this is true. Marty has finally changed his ways and b/c of this he will have a good chance of finally going the distance. The Chiefs on the other hand are going the opposite direction and b/c of the changed philosophy 7-9 seems like a better possibility than 10-6.

Although DV didn't accomplish what he set out for, I applaud him for how he tried to change the dynamic of the team. His nemesis was not having draft choices pan out for him on defensive side of the ball.

Now we are faced with 3 more years of boring O and ultimately falling short as a playoff team. All b/c of "playing not to lose" has been put back in place in KC. Sorry Chief's fans.

The good news is the CP's era is on its final chapter. The bad news is we have to wait 3 more years.

Simplex3
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
So you're pining for your old turd instead of your new one? How about flushing both of them and then scrubbing the bowl clean.

JimNasium
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
This is still DV's team. I'll reserve judgement until Herm has the opportunity to stock the team with his type of players.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
doesnt matter of DV's Chiefs are better. They still didnt accomplish a freaking thing either.

Count Zarth
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
DV's Chiefs don't EXIST YOU ****ING MORON.

Furthermore, two of DV's boys SHIT THE ****ING BED today. How does that strike you, dicklicker?

milkman
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Would you just go and suck on Dick, and shut the **** up.

Dick was a whineyass old pussy.

I don't give a rat's ass about Hermie either, but I'm sick of your pining and whining for Dick

NewChief
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm a big fan of DV. That being said, I think it's way, way too early to abandon Herm at this point. I don't particularly like his brand of football, but I do think that you can win playing it (as evidenced by the team who dismantled us handily today).

I think one secret to Herm's success lies in the thing you insinuated: draft picks. If Herm can draft successfully for a couple of years like he did this year (at least I think we had a good draft this year) and get the caliber of players to fit his scheme, I think he may put something worthwhile together. At least give him another year before giving up on HIM. Now if you want to give up on CP and the Chiefs, that's a longstanding affair of an entirely different matter which is beyond Herm's control.

Easy 6
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
You. Are. A. Wreck. '63.

chiefsfan1963
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I have nothing against Herm, I just don't agree with the overall conservative philosophy. I will say draft picks have been Herm's strong suit and I hope he keeps on a winning trend there. Overall I like what HC's like Payton of NO and Marty are doing they are playing to win now
and when you do this all season it shows up BIG TIME in December and the playoffs. No matter how successful Herm is in drafting players he will ultimately choke if he doesn't change his ways.

KCChiefsFan88
12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Watch how conservative Herm will try to be at San Diego next week... as the Chargers are ass-raping Goonther's defense for 35+ points, Herm will try to play it ultra-safe on offense. It has all the makings for a national humiliation.

Thanks Herm

jynni
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
We were 6-10 during DV's first year.

chiefsfan1963
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM

DV was not left with a 10-6 team. Herm was. Play not to lose philosophy
is just PLAIN WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Vermiel didn't inherit a 10-6 team with potential.

dj56dt58
It took DV a year to get the offense going so maybe next year Herm will have the D going?

DeezNutz
Sorry Chiefsfan, but I'm calling :BS: We ripped the Joystick a new one all last week b/c he needs Grandpa's hugs, and I believe that applies to a lot of other players on this team, and some that might surprise us. For example, after today's performance, I think Trent might be in this category. Don't get me wrong, I like Trent as a player and respect him as a person, but some coaches get the best out of certain players. Look at LJ. The difference between Green and Hall, though, is that the former is too classy to whine to the media to get attention.

Iowanian
12-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Give it up.

Daddy's gonna kill Ralphy.

KCFalcon59
12-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Uh.....

KILLER_CLOWN
12-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I have nothing against Herm, I just don't agree with the overall conservative philosophy. I will say draft picks have been Herm's strong suit and I hope he keeps on a winning trend there. Overall I like what HC's like Payton of NO and Marty are doing they are playing to win now
and when you do this all season it shows up BIG TIME in December and the playoffs. No matter how successful Herm is in drafting players he will ultimately choke if he doesn't change his ways.

Signed Tony Dungy.

Seriously I don't think it matters who coaches this team, the fish rots from the head down. Everyone who wins championships does it by suffering through a season or two at 1-4 wins and building through the draft something the King doesn't seem to get. That's right I don't think Lombardi would do any better with what he has to work with.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 09:39 PM
remodeling a team is a little different than remodeling a house
you can't slap a new coat of paint on people
or cut people willy nilly from a 10-6 team