PDA

View Full Version : Is Herm smart enough...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 01:50 AM
to go back to a Huardified offense against San Diego next week?

Or is Merriman going to end another Chiefs player's career (Green)?

PastorMikH
12-11-2006, 02:03 AM
What would be the point of playing Huard? We are out of it (though not numerically yet, realistically we are).

The last time Huard played he stunk up the field. Why give him a chance to showcase to all the other teams needing a QB that it was just a one game fluke? Why let him audition for a job somewhere else when there's no real hope of us making the playoffs anyway? Let him ride the pine with that last game as a memory to teams looking for a QB so we can sign him cheaper as a backup again next year instead of losing him to another team.

Though I don't agree with the sentiments that Huard should start over Green, I do realize he is a quality backup. With Green getting older and our O-Line possibly having more rookies and less probowl players again next year, I like the idea of having a competent QB to step in if needed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 02:07 AM

Or maybe we can just not worry about it, because it's all over.

RedThat
12-11-2006, 02:07 AM

not gonna happen. because Trent Green is the starting QB of this team. Herm said it himself before. Besides, this team has more problems then going back to a Huardified offense.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Hey...

I never said we should play Huard, that would be stupid...I said we needed to switch back to our "Huardified" offense...

Benching Green at this point would be total disrespect towards a player (Green) who is one of the greatest Chiefs ever.

BigRock
12-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Next week's gameplan needs to involve a big dose of Tony. For whatever reason, the Chargers seem to be letting TEs run wild lately.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing LJ catch a few screen passes...or even Michael Bennett, for that matter.

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 02:42 AM
If we are out of the playoff hunt can we sit johnson please? Thanks management

Oucho Cinco
12-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Huard is not the answer here.

The real answer is that Herm is not smart enough to run an NFL team. We had the offense that was the best in the league for the past 4 years. Where did that go? "It's not my style". That should tell you everything you need to know about Hermit.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Huard is not the answer here.

The real answer is that Herm is not smart enough to run an NFL team. We had the offense that was the best in the league for the past 4 years. Where did that go? "It's not my style". That should tell you everything you need to know about Hermit.
It's called no Willie Roaf and no Tony Richardson...

jjjayb
12-11-2006, 07:25 AM
No. It's called unimaginitive play calling. Chiefs offense in a nutshell: Run LJ 2 times up the middle. On 3rd and long take LJ out of the backfield and have the QB take a 7 step drop. Rinse, repeat.

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2006, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing LJ catch a few screen passes...or even Michael Bennett, for that matter.

Green can't throw those, he can only throw behind people, at their feet or make them contort and twist their bodies like gynmists to catch his throws. When have we ever seen Green hit a WR, TE or RB in stride?

Reerun_KC
12-11-2006, 08:45 AM
When have we ever seen Green hit a WR, TE or RB in stride?

to Many times to list here, If we listed all of them we would probably shut down the server....

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 08:47 AM
you are right dude...Trent can't hit the short stuff...always at the feet.

Hydrae
12-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Maybe instead we should go the other way and start Brodie. The season is gone anyway, let's get the kid a chance to see some real NFL play.

Bob Dole
12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Next week's gameplan needs to involve a big dose of Tony. For whatever reason, the Chargers seem to be letting TEs run wild lately.

Unfortunately, this coaching staff will likely look at those game tapes, then promptly draw up a game plan that ends TG's consecutive games with a reception streak.

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree...put in all the rookies..whatdaya got to lose?

Chief Chief
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Some of Trent's memorable passes from yesterday's game:

- Way wide right on a throw to Wilson in the flat
- Way wide left on a throw to Parker down the middle (intercepted)
- Below the knees to Kennison
- To the body of Gonzalez...who dropped it as he was hit probably because he realized the ball wasn't meant for him but for someone else who was 5 yards away...

greg63
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Or maybe we can just not worry about it, because it's all over.

Exactly!

FAX
12-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Herm is a lying cretin who has no business serving as a head coach in the NFL. Herm has taken a good (not great) but competitive team and turned it into a laughing stock.

No one has confidence now. Not the fans, not the players, not the coaches, not his wife ... well, Herm's wife may have confidence, but that's it.

Herm belongs in the moron hall of fame. Carl can give the induction speech.

FAX

jspchief
12-11-2006, 09:42 AM
We didn't even run a huardified offense against SD when Huard was in. We had a pretty wide open passing game that week.

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Herm is a lying cretin who has no business serving as a head coach in the NFL. Herm has taken a good (not great) but competitive team and turned it into a laughing stock.

No one has confidence now. Not the fans, not the players, not the coaches, not his wife ... well, Herm's wife may have confidence, but that's it.

Herm belongs in the moron hall of fame. Carl can give the induction speech.

FAX

A laughing stock?

This team is IDENTICAL to last year's team. Herm hasn't done one thing better OR WORSE than Dick Vermeil.

So put Herm's bust right next to Dick's in the MHoF.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:47 AM
A laughing stock?

This team is IDENTICAL to last year's team. Herm hasn't done one thing better OR WORSE than Dick Vermeil.

that's not true...

DV >>> Herm

FAX
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
A laughing stock?

I have the highest regard for you, Mr. htismaqe, as you know. And, of course, it is well known that you are always correct in all that you say. This is a commonly accepted, and undeniable fact of which I am well aware.

So, I would like you to say that our offensive approach is the same as the 2005 version. And, if you don't mind, please employ the "straight face" smilie.

FAX

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:02 AM
that's not true...

DV >>> Herm

ROFL

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:04 AM
I have the highest regard for you, Mr. htismaqe, as you know. And, of course, it is well known that you are always correct in all that you say. This is a commonly accepted, and undeniable fact of which I am well aware.

So, I would like you to say that our offensive approach is the same as the 2005 version. And, if you don't mind, please employ the "straight face" smilie.

FAX

This whole "well, DV's offense was so much better" mentality is laughable.

I only care about wins and losses. And so far the Herm era is EXACTLY like the DV era - tough at home, weak on the road, can't beat the patsies they should beat.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
ROFL
Herm's been to two super bowls and has won one?

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Herm's been to two super bowls and has won one?

I'm a KC fan. I must have missed where I'm supposed to care about what a coach did with somebody else's team.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm a KC fan. I must have missed where I'm supposed to care about what a coach did with somebody else's team.
5 years and no Super Bowl...he should've been shot and killed for that!!!

:rolleyes:

At least he could manage a game offensively...and realize when and when not to use a timeout.

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:12 AM
5 years and no Super Bowl...he should've been shot and killed for that!!!

:rolleyes:

At least he could manage a game offensively...and realize when and when not to use a timeout.

Yeah, and he built a GREAT defense too.

Your takes are laughable.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, and he built a GREAT defense too.

Your takes are laughable.
I don't think DV knew a lick about defense...

He trusted his assistants and CP...

When I think DV, I think offense, and damn...he took us from a shit offense to a friggin' powerhouse.

I miss it...

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:14 AM

When I think DV, I think offense, and damn...he took us from a shit offense to a friggin' powerhouse.

I miss it...

Well, at least now you're admitting that your opinion is based on emotion more than anything else...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, at least now you're admitting that your opinion is based on emotion more than anything else...
Most likely...

Punting on 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter is the dumbest thing I've seen the Chiefs do since last week when they didn't use a timeout when Cleveland was 1st and Goal from the 3...

but before that, long before the DV era...

FAX
12-11-2006, 11:18 AM
This whole "well, DV's offense was so much better" mentality is laughable.

I only care about wins and losses. And so far the Herm era is EXACTLY like the DV era - tough at home, weak on the road, can't beat the patsies they should beat.

I like to guage a team's success on wins and losses as well, Mr. htismaqe. I really do. Wins good. Losses bad. That's my motto.

And, I certainly don't disagree with your assessment of our ability to fight the good fight against "patsies". However, how "tough" at home have we been this season? And what are the season statistics telling us about this offense compared to last year? Herm talks about TOP, but doesn't deliver. He talks about the "known downs" and consistently puts our offense right in the "known down" bullseye. He talks about "confidence" and "mental toughness" but his team comes out flat more often than not and even when there isn't a dildo party for miles. Our offense is more predictable, dumbed down, and impotent than it has been for years.

I'm not comparing him to DV. I'm comparing this lying, incompetent, sack of ballwash to Satan himself. I give him credit for handling the injuries and pre-season surprises. But that's all I can muster at this point in the form of Hermerism. I would attempt more were I not soaking my head.

FAX

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Most likely...

Punting on 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter is the dumbest thing I've seen the Chiefs do since last week when they didn't use a timeout when Cleveland was 1st and Goal from the 3...

but before that, long before the DV era...

Almost as dumb as calling a 3-fake reverse playaction pass on 3rd and inches.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Almost as dumb as calling a 3-fake reverse playaction pass on 3rd and inches.
Hey...at least it has potential.

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey...at least it has potential.

Potential for disaster. The likelihood of such a play succeeding is very-well defined.

And Vermeil was supposedly so obsessed with probabilities...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Potential for disaster. The likelihood of such a play succeeding is very-well defined.

And Vermeil was supposedly so obsessed with probabilities...
what play are you talking about?

Is this something specific, or just a generalization of the AS era in KC?

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
what play are you talking about?

Is this something specific, or just a generalization of the AS era in KC?

I can think of several specific plays off-hand...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I can think of several specific plays off-hand...
I will agree with you...

There were always 3-7 plays per game AS called that were simply inexplicable.

I remember last year when we were running the ball at will, two timeouts, first and goal @ Dallas...AS calls a straight drop back pass, leaves LJ one on one with Fujita, Green sacked, fumbles, 14 point swing...

Terrible playcall.

Then of course Whitlock blames the loss and the season on LJ.

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I will agree with you...

There were always 3-7 plays per game AS called that were simply inexplicable.

I remember last year when we were running the ball at will, two timeouts, first and goal @ Dallas...AS calls a straight drop back pass, leaves LJ one on one with Fujita, Green sacked, fumbles, 14 point swing...

Terrible playcall.

Then of course Whitlock blames the loss and the season on LJ.

Let me clear up a misconception that you might have:

I don't HATE Dick Vermeil. Nor do I LIKE Herman Edwards.

I found myself, ironically, in this SAME position when Vermeil arrived in 2001, defending him tooth and nail. How is that possible, you might ask, considering what I'm saying about Vermeil now?

Because to me, it's not about Herm or Dick or how good they were as coach. It's about being FAIR. All I want, at the end of the day, is for people to evaluate Herm with the same standards, caveats, and benefits that were given to the coach before him and the coach before him.

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I like to guage a team's success on wins and losses as well, Mr. htismaqe. I really do. Wins good. Losses bad. That's my motto.

And, I certainly don't disagree with your assessment of our ability to fight the good fight against "patsies". However, how "tough" at home have we been this season? And what are the season statistics telling us about this offense compared to last year? Herm talks about TOP, but doesn't deliver. He talks about the "known downs" and consistently puts our offense right in the "known down" bullseye. He talks about "confidence" and "mental toughness" but his team comes out flat more often than not and even when there isn't a dildo party for miles. Our offense is more predictable, dumbed down, and impotent than it has been for years.

I'm not comparing him to DV. I'm comparing this lying, incompetent, sack of ballwash to Satan himself. I give him credit for handling the injuries and pre-season surprises. But that's all I can muster at this point in the form of Hermerism. I would attempt more were I not soaking my head.

FAX

this my friends is a good rant

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Let me clear up a misconception that you might have:

I don't HATE Dick Vermeil. Nor do I LIKE Herman Edwards.

I found myself, ironically, in this SAME position when Vermeil arrived in 2001, defending him tooth and nail. How is that possible, you might ask, considering what I'm saying about Vermeil now?

Because to me, it's not about Herm or Dick or how good they were as coach. It's about being FAIR. All I want, at the end of the day, is for people to evaluate Herm with the same standards, caveats, and benefits that were given to the coach before him and the coach before him.

fair enough then........they all suck;)

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
fair enough then........they all suck;)

It's okay we have herms successor as an offensive coordinator right now

Calcountry
12-11-2006, 11:53 AM
A laughing stock?

So put Herm's bust right next to Dick's in the MHoF.We have had fewer penalties called this year, well, up until yesterday.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
SMART ENOUGH???

i think every freakin bone in Herm's body wants to go back to that .... and stay at that forever.

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
We have had fewer penalties called this year, well, up until yesterday.

oh and beer sales are up

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
SMART ENOUGH???

i think every freakin bone in Herm's body wants to go back to that .... and stay at that forever.

I agree. Inside he's freaking pissed that Huard didn't run with it in the Miami game.

Calcountry
12-11-2006, 11:55 AM

I miss it...You missed blowing huge leads like the Philly game last year?

Reerun_KC
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
You missed blowing huge leads like the Philly game last year?

Or the Cleveland game this year?

StcChief
12-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Huard is trade value now.

Croyle needs a chance against a good team.

Let see what he's got.

Calcountry
12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Or the Cleveland game this year?That game so reminded me of Dick Vermiel that one has to consider, maybe it is the players.

There seems to be a persistent cancer present somewhere on this team, and it needs to go.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 12:06 PM
You read stories all the time how coaches work 14+ hour days during the season. They never read newspapers, listen to the radio or watch tv. If you're living in a cocoon getting no feed back or criticism, how do you see your own shortcomings? That's no way to get better.

Is that why it's called a copy cat league. All you have is film of what other teams are doing, to grow by?

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
You read stories all the time how coaches work 14+ hour days during the season. They never read newspapers, listen to the radio or watch tv. If you're living in a cocoon getting no feed back or criticism, how do you see your own shortcomings? That's no way to get better.

Is that why it's called a copy cat league. All you have is film of what other teams are doing, to grow by?

Coaches that say they don't read newspapers have assistants that DO read them. And they never keep it to themselves.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Huard is trade value now.

Croyle needs a chance against a good team.

Let see what he's got.
Huard doesn't have any trade value at all

Trade deadline is over and Huard was only on a 1 year deal.