PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I had never seen the Bronco's mentality on QB's till I saw it first hand...

Hound333
12-11-2006, 05:46 AM
I was having a discussion with my Dad last night about Cutler. First I must say that my dad is a Bronco fan. I know its crazy but he did grow up in Denver so at least he's not a fair weather fan about it. Basically he thinks that Cutler isn't the answer (like he's said about every single QB they have had since you know who). I tried to explain that its only been a couple of games in his rookie year so you can't expect perfection. Every sentence he spoke about Cutler either ended or started with "Well Elway used to do it like this."

I know its been stated here many times but good lord. You are not going to get every QB to play like Elway. There are only so many Montana's/Young's/Marino's/Elways ect... If they compare every QB to Elway they are gonna be pissed for the next 50 years. Not that you all care if they are pissed for 50 years, its just that I will have to listen to it every year.

cookster50
12-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Give your dad a bowl of antifreeze(someone was going to say it)

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Cutler is no Elway, but the upside of Cutler is that he is no Plummer or Griese.

stevieray
12-11-2006, 07:13 AM
say what you want.... but Denver has a rookie playing QB, and they scored more points on the road than we could with Trent at home.

Fairplay
12-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Do not try to understand them, and do not make them try to understand you, for they are a breed apart and make no sense.

Chief Chief
12-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Anytime your dad says the word "Elway", switch the subject by asking him to tell you again about how he as a child had to walk ___ (fill in the ever-increasing number of) miles in the snow and ice uphill to get to school and back home.

Fairplay
12-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Anytime your dad says the word "Elway", switch the subject by asking him to tell you again about how he as a child had to walk ___ (fill in the ever-increasing number of) miles in the snow and ice uphill to get to school and back home.

Heh, good advice.

The Bad Guy
12-11-2006, 08:21 AM
What truly sucks is that the Broncos really don't have to rebuild anything after this year.

They are young at QB, RB, WR and have good pieces on defense to fall back on.

Chiefs have a ton of work to do this off-season.

FAX
12-11-2006, 08:26 AM
say what you want.... but Denver has a rookie playing QB, and they scored more points on the road than we could with Trent at home.

Yep.

And gag.

FAX

jspchief
12-11-2006, 08:48 AM
What truly sucks is that the Broncos really don't have to rebuild anything after this year.

Chiefs have a ton of work to do this off-season.Not sure I agree. That defense is a mix of bad and old, with a spattering of playmakers. Take Bailey off that defense and they are terrible.

Rain Man
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
The only good thing about Elway cheating the draft, the salary cap, the NFL, and legitimate football fans is that, for the next 30 years, Broncos fans will crucify every quarterback that comes along because he's not Elway.

Chief Faithful
12-11-2006, 09:08 AM

Chiefs have a ton of work to do this off-season.

QB looks bright, but outside of Walker what do you see at RB and WR that look good for the future?

Their defense has Bailey, Wilson, Gold, and lynch. Good nucleus, but they have more holes on their DLine than the Chiefs. Which is bad for anyone questioning what I mean.

The Rat doesn't rebuild he 'reloads' so they can expect to be just good enough to be respected, but not good enough to make any noise for years. I think the Chiefs and Broncos are in the same hole although I believe the Chiefs have better young talent on defense (Page, Pollard, Johnson, Hali, Allen, & arguably Mitchell).

pikesome
12-11-2006, 09:14 AM
The Rat doesn't rebuild he 'reloads' so they can expect to be just good enough to be respected, but not good enough to make any noise for years. I think the Chiefs and Broncos are in the same hole although I believe the Chiefs have better young talent on defense (Page, Pollard, Johnson, Hali, Allen, & arguably Mitchell).

One of the things I am hopeful about is that we have a change at HC. Denver keeps going with what they have had and, perhaps, that is catching up with them. You can only use the same plan if you can get pieces that fit it and Denver might be coming to the end of the road on that. I don't know if Herm's blueprint is any good, time will tell, but at least we aren't keeping a sick horse alive hoping he will get better (the SupperScoring for the last few years).

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I was having a discussion with my Dad last night about Cutler. First I must say that my dad is a Bronco fan. I know its crazy but he did grow up in Denver so at least he's not a fair weather fan about it. Basically he thinks that Cutler isn't the answer (like he's said about every single QB they have had since you know who). I tried to explain that its only been a couple of games in his rookie year so you can't expect perfection. Every sentence he spoke about Cutler either ended or started with "Well Elway used to do it like this."

I know its been stated here many times but good lord. You are not going to get every QB to play like Elway. There are only so many Montana's/Young's/Marino's/Elways ect... If they compare every QB to Elway they are gonna be pissed for the next 50 years. Not that you all care if they are pissed for 50 years, its just that I will have to listen to it every year.

Ask your dad if he wants to buy my graded 98 rating 1984 Topps Elway rookie card.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
The 00s Broncos are the 90s Chiefs. I've been saying it for 3 years now.

The yare good enough to keep the fans cocky and the expectations up, but at the end of the day the decade they will have proven to never be the real thing.

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
He can't be your real father.

The Bad Guy
12-11-2006, 09:26 AM
QB looks bright, but outside of Walker what do you see at RB and WR that look good for the future?

Their defense has Bailey, Wilson, Gold, and lynch. Good nucleus, but they have more holes on their DLine than the Chiefs. Which is bad for anyone questioning what I mean.

Brandon Marshall. Tatum Bell.

Their D-line isn't anything special, I agree. But you're right, their D does suck outside Bailey, Wilson, DJ Williams.

Chief Faithful
12-11-2006, 09:30 AM
One of the things I am hopeful about is that we have a change at HC. Denver keeps going with what they have had and, perhaps, that is catching up with them. You can only use the same plan if you can get pieces that fit it and Denver might be coming to the end of the road on that. I don't know if Herm's blueprint is any good, time will tell, but at least we aren't keeping a sick horse alive hoping he will get better (the SupperScoring for the last few years).

I do believe Edwards will solve the defense issues, but I'm afraid the offense will suffer in the process. I don't think it will be as bad as the Marty era althougth my fingers are crossed.

vailpass
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM

ROFL You wish.

Guru
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Ouch!

Chief Faithful
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Brandon Marshall. Tatum Bell.

Their D-line isn't anything special, I agree. But you're right, their D does suck outside Bailey, Wilson, DJ Williams.

I haven't been impressed with Marshall and while Bell is talented I see him as another Fred Taylor, excellent only during the brief periods when healthy. At best I don't think they can rely on Bell.

I think Ian Gold is top notch, but my opinion on DJ is a little slow of foot average LB who is better suited inside on a 3-4 defense. If they didn't have Lynch in the box covering the cut-back lanes DJ would have let up a lot of long runs.

The best LB group they ever had was Mobley, Wilson, and Gold. Currently top tier on their defense is Wilson and Bailey, nobody better. Second tier is Gold and Lynch. The only young developing talent on their defense I really like is Williams.

Chief Faithful
12-11-2006, 09:47 AM
ROFL You wish.

Are you saying you don't believe the Bronco's and Chiefs are in the same talent hole? Explain.

Hound333
12-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the amusement guys. I was frustrated last night. It was like talking to a computer that was only programed to say "Elway".

I do think that Cutler will be good. Not Elway good though so Bronco fans will eat him up until he leaves or gets traded.

Iowanian he is my real father. He's just misguided from growing up in the mountains. I do think that it is sweet revenge that god made his sons Chief fans in order to balence out the evil that resided in our house growing up. Way to much orange was put on my back as a baby. I am surprised I don't have brain damage.

Chief Chief
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
"Luke..I AM YOUR FATHER!!"
- Darth Vader

Reerun_KC
12-11-2006, 10:08 AM
The 00s Broncos are the 90s Chiefs. I've been saying it for 3 years now.

The yare good enough to keep the fans cocky and the expectations up, but at the end of the day the decade they will have proven to never be the real thing.

I dont think I could of said it better myself...

Nice observation.