PDA

View Full Version : Little Girl Drowns Trying To Save Friend

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
CAMERON, Mo. -- A pond covered in ice turned into a police scene after a little girl died while trying to save her friend.

It happened in Cameron, Missouri in DeKalb County on Sunday.

Police told KCTV5 News that an eight-year-old boy was trying to get something on the ice when he fell into the water.

The girl tried to rescue him, but she fell in and was in the icy water for two and a half hours.

But there was still hope that she would survive when she arrived at Children's Mercy Hospital.

Sheriff Wes Raines, DeKalb County, said, "I actually asked the Children's Mercy doctors that and he said it is known to happen. He said to wrap her up as soon as possible and keep her warm.

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 08:40 AM
This happened about 8 miles south of my place... Sad sad story... I really hope nothing happens to this babysitter --- kids will be kids and you can't watch them all the time...

I have 7 ponds on my place, and when friends are over, I DO ask them to never ever let their children out of their site...

Easy 6
12-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Nothing hits harder than the thought of some child suffering like that. Ugh.

kepp
12-11-2006, 08:47 AM
What a heroic, selfless little girl. The world could've been better with her...very sad.

greg63
12-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Very sad to hear.

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
What a heroic, selfless little girl. The world could've been better with her...very sad.

It's so amazing, that even at her age she did what she did... I think the true meaning of friends -- means more when your younger believe it or not...

She's a hero in heaven --- and in the eyes of all of those who were around her here on earth...

hawkchief
12-11-2006, 09:36 AM
God bless everyone involved in this tragedy.

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 11:39 AM
CAMERON, Mo.

The girl tried to rescue him, but she fell in and was in the icy water for two and a half hours.

But there was still hope that she would survive when she arrived at Children's Mercy Hospital.

Sheriff Wes Raines, DeKalb County, said, "I actually asked the Children's Mercy doctors that and he said it is known to happen. He said to wrap her up as soon as possible and keep her warm.

I can't EVEN begin to imagine how someone could still have a chance of living after being in a frozen pond for two and a half hours...

I wish there were more people around like this little girl that had the courage to go into a pond with the water temp's being at freezing or below...