PDA

View Full Version : Reason #2468 why the Chiefs need to find an actual playmaker at reciever...

DaWolf
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
“We thought the only way (the Chiefs) could beat us was with Larry Johnson. So we decided to stop him.”

| Ravens great Ray Lewis, ESPN.

Against good defenses, which is all you face in the playoffs, LJ and TG will not be enough to win with unless we have a No 1 defense ourselves. The 90's should be proof of that. We need to get ourselves a No 1 Wide Reciever, which along with the firing of Gunther Cunningham, I have been screaming at Carl to do for the last 3 years...

StcChief
12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Samie 'the fast shrimp' Parker isn't getting it done.

Can't throw in good coverage to him. He loses that battle 9/10 times.

EK same story really a #2 being a number 1 in KC.

Hog Farmer
12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
DUH!

CupidStunt
12-11-2006, 12:28 PM
No shit.

But we need OT, DT, LB and CB more.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 12:28 PM
btw ..... the didn't stop larry

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:30 PM
**** this...

The Ravens defense really didn't impress me all that much...

Trent held the ball far too long, but we moved the ball all game long. All game long...

I honestly think if we had played this game with Huard as our starting QB we might have won...

At least Huard looks to hit our best playmaker in the flats or on a check-down...LJ has been invisible in the passing game ever since Green took over...I don't see why Green feels it necessary to throw a risky pass to Samie Parker rather than letting LJ get the ball in the open field and break some tackles...

Green might be EIGHT-HUNDRED times more skilled than Huard, but he certainly doesn't fit out offense NEARLY as well.

Call me stupid all you want, but it's true.

Knob
12-11-2006, 12:31 PM
**** this...

Trent held the ball far too long, but we moved the ball all game long. All game long...

I honestly think if we had played this game with Huard as our starting QB we might have won...

At least Huard looks to hit our best playmaker in the flats or on a check-down...LJ has been invisible in the passing game ever since Green took over...I don't see why Green feels it necessary to throw a risky pass to Samie Parker rather than letting LJ get the ball in the open field and break some tackles...

Green might be EIGHT-HUNDRED times more skilled than Huard, but he certainly doesn't fit out offense NEARLY as well.

Ok...Your stupid.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:33 PM
15:00 1 04:25 KAN 49 10 37 Missed FG (dropped Dunn pass)
09:32 1 01:18 KAN 29 3 -6 Punt
03:45 1 00:57 KAN 20 3 0 Intercepted Pass (Green forces throw)
13:34 2 03:37 KAN 34 7 30 Fumble (Green holds ball too long)
07:01 2 02:21 KAN 6 5 69 Intercepted Pass (Green forced yet another throw)
01:08 2 01:08 KAN 16 6 14 End of Half (wtf were we trying to accomplish)
12:30 3 05:08 KAN 31 9 25 Punt
06:26 3 05:03 KAN 22 10 47 Field Goal (Michael Bennett gets 90 straight touches for some reason)
12:58 4 00:54 BAL 43 3 4 Punt (are you ****ing kidding me herm? Way to lose the game RIGHT here for us)
02:51 4 01:31 KAN 19 8 81 Touchdown (whoooopideedoo!!!)

We honestly probably had the ball for what, 10 minutes in the second half?

DaWolf
12-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah after watching Huard curl up and go away in Miami after being hit a few times that the Ravens defense wasn't gonna make him look good either...

Hog Farmer
12-11-2006, 12:35 PM
STUPID!

NewChief
12-11-2006, 12:37 PM
We honestly probably had the ball for what, 10 minutes in the second half?

I can't believe I'm going to try to actually reason with you, but I guess I will.

Yes, we moved the ball "all day". Do you know why? Because Trent converted numerous 3rd and longs. Unfortunately, if you put us into 3rd and long enough times against a Defense of the Ravens caliber, we're going to get exploited.

I'm not justifying Trent's play (as he made bad decisions), but I'm just telling you that there's a reason we were picked. We had way, way too many obvious passing downs. Do you know why? Because our running game wasn't getting it done. People can talk about Larry getting his yards all they want, but he got a good chunk of that yardage on one carry.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah after watching Huard curl up and go away in Miami after being hit a few times that the Ravens defense wasn't gonna make him look good either...
Trent was never pressured right away...he was only sacked because he didn't get rid of the ball and refused to throw to his check down receivers...

Huard might've had a slow release, but he makes up his mind and throws the friggin' ball...

Besides, spin it any way you want, Huard had 1 INT in 8 starts, Green has 5 INT's in 5 starts...

I'm sick of everyone giving Green free passes and crediting Baltimore with having such a 'stout' defense...

Miami has a pretty god damn good defense, shutting out Tom Brady and the Patriots yesterday...

Lonewolf Ed
12-11-2006, 12:41 PM
**** this...

I don't want to call you stupid. Has anyone else noticed that Trent has been terrible at throwing into the flat since he came back? That should be the easiest throw, but he goes too low or behind or over Larry almost every time. I recall that Trent experienced dizziness when he turned too quickly during his recovery. I wonder if he has some residual problems, and turning roughly ninety degrees to throw to Larry in the flat is disorienting to him.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I can't believe I'm going to try to actually reason with you, but I guess I will.

Yes, we moved the ball "all day". Do you know why? Because Trent converted numerous 3rd and longs. Unfortunately, if you put us into 3rd and long enough times against a Defense of the Ravens caliber, we're going to get exploited.

I'm not justifying Trent's play (as he made bad decisions), but I'm just telling you that there's a reason we were picked. We had way, way too many obvious passing downs. Do you know why? Because our running game wasn't getting it done. People can talk about Larry getting his yards all they want, but he got a good chunk of that yardage on one carry.
Ok...take away his 47 yard run...

He still had 73 yards on 22 carries...3.5 per carry isn't good enough against a good Ravens defense?

Oh and I think LJ had 50 less yards against Miami when Huard 'faltered'...

So whatever, reason all you want...Trent converted several third and longs?! I can remember two good plays he made...that one 13 yard gain to Parker on 3rd and 12, and that one really long gain to Gonzalez on 3rd and 15...

However, he forced a pass to Parker when we were in field goal range...did the same on 3rd and long to Kennison giving the Ravens tremendous field goal position, and he fumbled away more points when we were in field goal range...

So Trent's errors lead to what, 9 points?! Add the 3 Tynes missed and boom, we're in the game...

When Huard was in, he didn't throw picks but everyone was quick to point out all of his fumbles...well lookee lookee, Green is doing the same GD thing...but he's throwing picks, too...

I love seeing Green look like his former self on 3-5 passing plays per game...but the truth is, and now we've all seen it, Herm should've never made the switch...Huard was our best chance.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't want to call you stupid. Has anyone else noticed that Trent has been terrible at throwing into the flat since he came back? That should be the easiest throw, but he goes too low or behind or over Larry almost every time. I recall that Trent experienced dizziness when he turned too quickly during his recovery. I wonder if he has some residual problems, and turning roughly ninety degrees to throw to Larry in the flat is disorienting to him.
I don't know what it is...

I love Trent Green, I feel terrible the way I referred to him as trINT yesterday...the guy is as classy as classy gets, and he truly loves Kansas City...he's easily my favorite Chief of all time...

BUT

I don't see why we, all of the sudden, decided to stop throwing the ball to LJ...

Obviously it is 100% due to the fact Green is back in the lineup...I don't see what Green has against giving the ball to our #1 playmaker...we've all seen what LJ can do when he catches the ball...

Seriously...would you rather have Samie get throws, or LJ?!

AND that's why Huard was the better QB for this team. Far less talented, but he played within his means and wasn't afraid to check down and throw to LJ...quicker decisions benefited our offensive line, as well.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't know what it is...

I love Trent Green, I feel terrible the way I referred to him as trINT yesterday...the guy is as classy as classy gets, and he truly loves Kansas City...he's easily my favorite Chief of all time...

BUT

I don't see why we, all of the sudden, decided to stop throwing the ball to LJ...

Obviously it is 100% due to the fact Green is back in the lineup...I don't see what Green has against giving the ball to our #1 playmaker...we've all seen what LJ can do when he catches the ball...

Seriously...would you rather have Samie get throws, or LJ?!

AND that's why Huard was the better QB for this team. Far less talented, but he played within his means and wasn't afraid to check down and throw to LJ...quicker decisions benefited our offensive line, as well.

LJ was for the most time in to protect.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
So whatever, reason all you want...Trent converted several third and longs?! I can remember two good plays he made...that one 13 yard gain to Parker on 3rd and 12, and that one really long gain to Gonzalez on 3rd and 15...

I just looked at the play by play and counted 9 first downs that came via passing yesterday. We had two first downs from rushing.

Edit: Actually it was 10 passing, 4 rushing.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Trent hit 7 different receivers yesterday & that 8th one would have been really nice.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061210_BAL@KC

Huard needs a TE to catch his 2 feet over the head throws

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Trent was never pressured right away...he was only sacked because he didn't get rid of the ball and refused to throw to his check down receivers...

bullshit, on that fumble he had the entire front 4 in front behind and to the sides of him immediately. He tried to get rid of the ball quickly and it got stripped.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Trent hit 7 different receivers yesterday & that 8th one would have been really nice.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061210_BAL@KC

Huard needs a TE to catch his 2 feet over the head throws
Huard consistently threw the ball to our best two playmakers, LJ and Gonzalez...

Huard 5-3 as a starter...
Green 2-3 as a starter...

Any more brain busters?!

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
bullshit, on that fumble he had the entire front 4 in front behind and to the sides of him immediately. He tried to get rid of the ball quickly and it got stripped.
but when Huard fumbled the ball it was always his fault...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Huard consistently threw the ball to our best two playmakers, LJ and Gonzalez...

Huard 5-3 as a starter...
Green 2-3 as a starter...

Any more brain busters?!

not respecting Huard ability to get it to the playmakers. Baltimore's defense must have been on Kennison like a glove. Trent's favorite outlet

GoHuge
12-11-2006, 01:08 PM
“We thought the only way (the Chiefs) could beat us was with Larry Johnson. So we decided to stop him.”

| Ravens great Ray Lewis, ESPN.

Against good defenses, which is all you face in the playoffs, LJ and TG will not be enough to win with unless we have a No 1 defense ourselves. The 90's should be proof of that. We need to get ourselves a No 1 Wide Reciever, which along with the firing of Gunther Cunningham, I have been screaming at Carl to do for the last 3 years...Or an offensive line......When you have a great O-line like we've had you can have the #1 offense without #1 recievers. We did it for five years!

NewChief
12-11-2006, 01:12 PM
I just looked at the play by play and counted 9 first downs that came via passing yesterday. We had two first downs from rushing.

Edit: Actually it was 10 passing, 4 rushing.

Oh, and just to compare: the Ravens had 8 via passing and 8 via running.

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd take Andre Johnson... Texans will never give him up though...

I'd take Henry from Cincy... He's a play maker, but has issues...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
way to many 3rd & longs. Does anybody in the universe not know that the Chiefs are going to run the ball on first down & more than likely second down?

goodnight nurse

buddha
12-11-2006, 01:20 PM
EK is a #2 receiver on his best days. Parker would be fortunate to make most other NFL rosters at any position. The sooner the Chiefs accept this, the sooner they will focus on improving the situation. And this isn't a Gonzo issue. With or without Gonzo next season, the Chiefs need to seriously upgrade their WRs! And yes, they other positions of need, but this one had been ignored for WAY too long!

Inspector
12-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sort of behind times here.

I thought there was only 2463 reasons. They must have added a few since the last time I checked.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
In the past Trent had to try & win the game because the defense couldn't hold a lead. Now not only does the defense not hold a lead, the offense play calling is leaving him in 3rd & long. TrINT is going to make a come back because of necessity

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:10 PM
EK is a #2 receiver on his best days.
ROFL

Kennison is a fine wide receiver...

Our issues have nothing to do with Kennison, and everything to do with Parker/Hall/Gardner/etc...

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:11 PM
In the past Trent had to try & win the game because the defense couldn't hold a lead. Now not only does the defense not hold a lead, the offense play calling is leaving him in 3rd & long. TrINT is going to make a come back because of necessity
Agreed.

Trent used to be KING game manager...made plays because the play-calling was so good and our running game was fantastic.

However, Trent was never able to win games when facing obvious downs...and now that's we're facing obvious down after obvious down, he's back to the trINT we all hated in 2001.