PDA

View Full Version : Please let me know if this is some sick joke or not...

E@SHSU
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, so my mom woke me up this morning with the news that Tony G. wants out of K.C. THis upsets me and I need to know if that's true or not.

I can't find evidence of it anywhere, but you never know. I really hope it's not true, but if it is, here's a list of things I hope happen to him:

*he goes to Arizona, a team that will never be anything
*he never breaks that record because they never use him
*he becomes a "whatever happened to him?" player

Understand that Tony has been my guy since Derrick died, so this is killing me. Just let me know if you've heard anything.

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
This thread has potential

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Kansas City Star look in Whitlock's column.

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
oh, geez, if the STAR said it, it must be true...

PastorMikH
12-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Anyone hear of a Franchise Tag?

I seriously doubt Carl will let Tony go anywhere.

I can see why Tony would want out. He has everything but a SB Ring. He doesn't think he can get that here (Pssst, Tony, if you'd catch a few more of those balls that bounce off your fingers, who knows...)

But like I said, Franchise Tag.

If someone wants to give us two first rounders for him, so be it.

E@SHSU
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
So, do you think that he'll leave us?

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
eh tony's an ahole anyhow.

he can go away if he wants to.

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Ok, so my mom woke me up this morning with the news that Tony G. wants out of K.C. THis upsets me and I need to know if that's true or not.

I can't find evidence of it anywhere, but you never know. I really hope it's not true, but if it is, here's a list of things I hope happen to him:

Understand that Tony has been my guy since Derrick died, so this is killing me. Just let me know if you've heard anything.

Your mom is like Niagra Falls...strangers come from all over the world to see her wide waterway, to get a better view boats are required, slickers and rubbers are recommended, she's always wet, by the end of your time with her you'll walk away covered in her juices, and if youre courageous you can shoot her chutes

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 11:59 AM
most pro athletes are aholes the only thing is tony is the biggest baddest TE that ever lived. He is Sharpe-bravaro-winslow all in one.

el borracho
12-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Tony is just tired of your mom always calling him. He's hoping she will stop calling if she thinks he is a Raider.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 12:00 PM
A contract year & talk of maybe leaving? surely not

BigCatDaddy
12-11-2006, 12:04 PM
We need to rebuild anyway. If you can get a 1st and some change for him let him go.

CosmicPal
12-11-2006, 12:06 PM

If Tony is "your guy since Derrick died" then why would you want to wish he NOT succeed elsewhere? Tony isn't your average football player, he's a remarkable talent- as was DT. He's a HOF'er and will be remembered as a Chief first.

Now I can understand not wanting him to go to Dungver or Oakland or SD, or maybe another AFC team. Certainly, if he were to leave, let it be an NFC team. But, I'd still wish him success because he deserves it whether or not you like it. All players want an opportunity to at least play in the Super Bowl, so you can't fault the guy for wanting to live out his dream. If he feels it's not going to happen here, then I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

He's staring at the end of his career- he knows the end is very near. I don't want him to leave anymore than you, but I'm not going to fault a man for wanting to realize his dreams.

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM
most pro athletes are aholes the only thing is tony is the biggest baddest TE that ever lived. He is Sharpe-bravaro-winslow all in one.

Tony's great at making spectacular plays when nothing's on the line. I can't remember a single time he made a "must" catch.

I disagree. Gates is the biggest baddest te that ever lived.

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
well to be honest we haven't had a game with anything on the line for awhile

FAX
12-11-2006, 12:11 PM
This franchise has wasted enough talent through the years.

Let my people go.

FAX

ck_IN
12-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok lets say TG does go somewhere. As long as it's out of our division then why all the hate?

It's pretty obvious that DV left a mess and Herm is going to have to clean it up. That'll take some time. I don't know TGs age but I imagine he sees his window closing. If he can go somewhere else and get his ring before he retires then why not? I especially wouldn't have a problem with him on an NFC team.

He's done all he's been asked of here. Good luck to him wherever he may be. As long as it's not Denver or Oakland.

J Diddy
12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey all we're gonna do is run the damn ball anyway. Dunn is a better run blocker. Save the money from TG and get a frigging DT.

E@SHSU
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
If Tony is "your guy since Derrick died" then why would you want to wish he NOT succeed elsewhere? Tony isn't your average football player, he's a remarkable talent- as was DT. He's a HOF'er and will be remembered as a Chief first.

Now I can understand not wanting him to go to Dungver or Oakland or SD, or maybe another AFC team. Certainly, if he were to leave, let it be an NFC team. But, I'd still wish him success because he deserves it whether or not you like it. All players want an opportunity to at least play in the Super Bowl, so you can't fault the guy for wanting to live out his dream. If he feels it's not going to happen here, then I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

He's staring at the end of his career- he knows the end is very near. I don't want him to leave anymore than you, but I'm not going to fault a man for wanting to realize his dreams.

Because, and I can say this in complete knowledge of my character, I am extremely selfish and don't wnat him to leave. I know it's mean and stupid, but I wans't prepared for Derrick to go in the least and I don't want this one to leave me either.

It's all very silly, and I know that I'll get ripped to pieces for it, but it's true.

The only bright spot to come out of Football Sunday is that the ponies lost. Other than that, crappy day.

penguinz
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
He said the same things when his last contract was running out.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Will a ring help him get acting jobs or a gig on ESPN?