PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Chargers remember Chiefs’ last words

LTforMVP
12-11-2006, 09:14 PM
The last time the Chargers lost a football game, Chiefs defensive end Tamba Hali made a statement that didn’t set well with the Bolts, so much that the newspaper clipping remains posted on a wall in the team’s weight room nearly eight weeks later.

“After running the film we didn't think they were as physical as we faced (earlier this year),” Hali said. “The Steelers were physical. We played a physical game there. We were all banged up when we came out of there. Looking at the film, we know they (the Chargers) were a finesse team. We didn't think they were that physical a team, so we thought we could get after them.”

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson recalled those words Monday.

“What sticks out in my mind is them calling us soft last game,” Tomlinson said. “Obviously as a player, when somebody calls you soft, you don’t like it too much.”

Kansas City’s blitz-heavy scheme forced the Chargers to throw the ball a season-high 44 times in their October meeting. LT saw the Bolts’ method of attack as flexibility, not a definition of his team’s style of play.

“Finesse team or whatever you want, (but) we’re not a soft team,” Tomlinson said. “We can play any game that you want us to play. They beat us and that was our last loss, but they said we were soft. We’ll see.”

The Chargers are the only team in the NFL with at least 1,900 rushing yards and 2,800 passing yards. They rank third in the league in rushing. While they have the ability to air it out and get fancy, they also believe they can grind it out with the best of them.

“Teams like to label us a finesse offense,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “I think we can be that, but we’re as physical as any group. Our offensive line, fullbacks and tight ends … we’ll line up and block you as we showed yesterday. If we need to spread you out and do some other fun stuff, we can do that too. We have a ton of weapons.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/notebook-chargers-remember.htm

siberian khatru
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh, yeah? Well, we're gonna fly into San Diego this week and we're gonna ... we're gonna ... we're gonna PLAY your ass! That's right, we're gonna TAKE THE FIELD, in our UNIFORMS, STAND for the national anthem and then RUN AROUND FOR 60 ****ING MINUTES!

Damn straight.

jspchief
12-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Maybe they'd have a little more to talk about if Huard hadn't dropped 30 on them after Hali made those comments.

leviw
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Maybe they'd have a little more to talk about if Huard hadn't dropped 30 on them after Hali made those comments.

I'm guessing Tamba said that AFTER the game.

FAX
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Maybe the teams should just stand on opposite sides of the field and hurl insults at each other.

Mr. Hootie can decide the winner.

FAX

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Finesse does not equal soft, necessarily. LT does not hold the NFL record in reading comprehension.

Count Alex's Losses
12-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Dammit. We're screwed.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Finesse does not equal soft, necessarily. LT does not hold the NFL record in reading comprehension.

We should hire you to go into their locker room and equivocate a bit for us. Hopefully you'll coax them down to not punishing us quite as badly.;)

Deberg_1990
12-11-2006, 09:41 PM
we dont deserve the right to call anyone soft.

my prediction

Bolts 44 Chiefs 3

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Maybe the teams should just stand on opposite sides of the field and hurl insults at each other.

Mr. Hootie can decide the winner.

FAX
I don't like our chances unless Huard is in charge...

Count Alex's Losses
12-11-2006, 09:48 PM

my prediction

Bolts 44 Chiefs 3

We're not really soft.

If anything we suffer from a lack of finesse. And brains.

Short Leash Hootie
12-11-2006, 09:53 PM
We'll lose like 34-20 or something...

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM

my prediction

Bolts 44 Chiefs 3

Wow you are predicting the chiefs to do better than I thought

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
This game has got an ass kicking in the making. The team gave up against Baltimore. Can you imagine how hard these guys are going to play on THE ROAD in San Diego?

Count Alex's Losses
12-11-2006, 09:58 PM
This game has got an ass kicking in the making. The team gave up against Baltimore. Can you imagine how hard these guys are going to play on THE ROAD in San Diego?

They didn't give up.

milkman
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM

His stupidity goes beyond reading comprehension.
As you pointed out, Tamba said they were a finesse team.

Looking at the film, we know they (the Chargers) were a finesse team.

But Tomlinson not only misquoted Tamba, he even suggested that they could be called a finesse team.

“Finesse team or whatever you want, (but) we’re not a soft team,” Tomlinson said.

That's blatantly stupid.

Redcoats58
12-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Thats the thing, the Charger's are a finesse team. Whatever they have to do to get geared for a game. That's a Marty thing, he'll take any quote he can get to get a team inspired. I'm sure he's pumping that gleam in their ass as we read.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 10:14 PM
They're looking for a reason to get pissed off and wanna kill the Chiefs......if it takes flipping around something someone said to do that, more power to them, whatever it takes to win.

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Thats the thing, the Charger's are a finesse team. Whatever they have to do to get geared for a game. That's a Marty thing, he'll take any quote he can get to get a team inspired. I'm sure he's pumping that gleam in their ass as we read.

And thats a bad thing!

A coach pumping and preparing his team for a game?

Redcoats58
12-11-2006, 10:46 PM
And thats a bad thing!

A coach pumping and preparing his team for a game?

Where in my post did I say it was a bad thing? Quit reading into shit!

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Where in my post did I say it was a bad thing? Quit reading into shit!

You didn't my bad, I am just pissed off!

I am drunk studying for a test I dont want to study for and believe Herm is a fraud and wish I would have not jump on the Herm warfare band when I did.

Count Alex's Losses
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I am drunk studying for a test .

You're killing brain cells while studying. What a novel concept.

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
You're killing brain cells while studying. What a novel concept.

That way the information is only stored in the strong brain cells in my cerebral cortex rather than the weak ones that will die while I sleep.

HemiEd
12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
LT should have to wear a clear face shield like everyone else. Cheater!

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
LT should have to wear a clear face shield like everyone else. Cheater!

No shit, its like the CIA and their sun glasses.

Our LB can't read his eyes and see where he wants to run!

caffeinated_virus
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Should be a good game Sunday.

I look for us to come out with some hostility this Sunday evening with Hali's comments still burning in our eyes.

:evil:

boogblaster
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
F*CK LT F*CK DIEGO

supercoupe91
12-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Maybe Tamba Hali should worry about stayin onsides. Tomlinson is embarrasing Larry in the touchdowns race, soft teams usually don't run for many yards and TD's.

Bolts 67
Chiefs 10

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Should be a good game Sunday.

I look for us to come out with some hostility this Sunday evening with Hali's comments still burning in our eyes.

:evil:

Hmmm I look for us to come out with our asses up in the air ready for a good f*cking!

JMHO

caffeinated_virus
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmmm I look for us to come out with our asses up in the air ready for a good f*cking!

JMHO

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

HemiEd
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM

It is an unfair advantage, headaches my ass. They don't let other players wear dark shields. LJ would probably have 2k already with one of those.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
It is an unfair advantage, headaches my ass. They don't let other players wear dark shields. LJ would probably have 2k already with one of those.

You have to go to a doctor and get a prescription to get one.....he did that, so that doesn't make it cheating. Brian Dawkins has one, if you really want one I'm sure you could get one.

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:13 PM

2k??????????????????????????

milkman
12-11-2006, 11:14 PM

JMHO

LMAO

Best line of the month.

To bad it's also on the money

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:15 PM
You have to go to a doctor and get a prescription to get one.....he did that, so that doesn't make it cheating. Brian Dawkins has one, if you really want one I'm sure you could get one.

Hmmmmm its kind of like that golfer who wanted to ride a golf cart in the PGA tour while the rest had to walk!

Take LT's touchdown title away from him!

KILLER_CLOWN
12-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Dolts fans do not realise that you play to win the game, and be that as it may those yellow pussies are soft as butter. LJ 218 Dolts 1 as the Schottenheimer lead chargers plummett from this week forward.

HemiEd
12-11-2006, 11:17 PM

Hey, it is all I got.

HemiEd
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Hmmmmm its kind of like that golfer who wanted to ride a golf cart in the PGA tour while the rest had to walk!

Take LT's touchdown title away from him!

Exactly, it is almost too wierd I was thinking about the cart thing too.

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Not to be a pansy ass shit head, the darkend face mask holds some merit to it!

Not much, but some.......

Mecca
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Willis McGahee has one.......is he cheating too?

ChiefsFanatic
12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Oh, yeah? Well, we're gonna fly into San Diego this week and we're gonna ... we're gonna ... we're gonna PLAY your ass! That's right, we're gonna TAKE THE FIELD, in our UNIFORMS, STAND for the national anthem and then RUN AROUND FOR 60 ****ING MINUTES!

Damn straight.

That isn't entirely true. I am sure at one point, Ty Law will be jogging slowly behind a receiver who is racing towards the end-zone.

alanm
12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
They're looking for a reason to get pissed off and wanna kill the Chiefs......if it takes flipping around something someone said to do that, more power to them, whatever it takes to win.
It tells me their not too motivated to play the Chiefs. It wouldn't at all supprise me at all to see the Chargers come out flat. Who knows.. we could maybe win a road game for once if the Chiefs decide to show up. :(

Mecca
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
It tells me their not too motivated to play the Chiefs. It wouldn't at all supprise me at all to see the Chargers come out flat. Who knows.. we could maybe win a road game for once if the Chiefs decide to show up. :(

If the Chargers come out flat so will the Chiefs.......Chiefs playing well on the road is like saying you think you're gonna win the lottery.

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Willis McGahee has one.......is he cheating too?

F*cking right he is!

But since he has GAY in his name it evens out!

alanm
12-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Any LB worth a shit doesn't need to see a RB's eyes to determine which way he's going. :shake:

Chan93lx50
12-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Any LB worth a shit doesn't need to see a RB's eyes to determine which way he's going. :shake:

Yes, but we are talking about our LB

alanm
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
If the Chargers come out flat so will the Chiefs.......Chiefs playing well on the road is like saying you think you're gonna win the lottery.
The way this year is going, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs play their best game of the year. Even if we were to win and maybe win out the rest of the way and finish 10-6 I can't see us even making the playoffs as a WC. Not with 6 conference losses.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 11:53 PM
The way this year is going, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs play their best game of the year. Even if we were to win and maybe win out the rest of the way and finish 10-6 I can't see us even making the playoffs as a WC. Not with 6 conference losses.

Actually that would be typical Chiefs.....come out win your remaining games that don't matter cost yourself 10 spots in the draft and you basically ****ed yourself over.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
We win out I think we are in the playoffs, but it don;t matter cuz that wont happend and number 2 we won't do shit in the playoffs.

FAX
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
We win out I think we are in the playoffs, but it don;t matter cuz that wont happend and number 2 we won't do shit in the playoffs.

I don't think we will win out either, Mr. Sure-Oz. Not only that, but based on the various things said after the Baltimore game, it feels like this team may be starting to dissolve into disarray.

FAX

alanm
12-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Actually that would be typical Chiefs.....come out win your remaining games that don't matter cost yourself 10 spots in the draft and you basically ****ed yourself over.
Happens every year. ROFL :banghead: :deevee:
Hey wouldn't we actually win the AFC west with only 1 loss to the Broncos providing we actually beat Oakland again. We'd finish 5-1 against our division and Diego finishes 4-2 Hey!! we're AFC west champs! :thumb:

Logical
12-12-2006, 12:57 AM
That way the information is only stored in the strong brain cells in my cerebral cortex rather than the weak ones that will die while I sleep.

I pray you are not studying to be a Doctor.

alanm
12-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I pray you are not studying to be a Doctor.
Nah... This guy has pre law plastered all over him. ROFL

ping2000
12-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Think about it, now that we are basically out of the playoff race, the Chiefs will come up with a meaningless late season win in order to worsen their draft position. Chiefs 24, San Diego 21.

Easy 6
12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
The only thing i am certain of is that it wont be close. Somebody is blowing somebody out.

KC could very well come out on fire & gank'em, playing up/down to the competition as usual.

Or, as Fax said, we could be disintegrating internally & get chased out of Eggo by a torch wielding mob of surfers.

Skip Towne
12-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I can only think of one Chief who would call Igor "soft" to his face. Jerrad Allen. The rest are a bunch of pussies.

HonestChieffan
12-12-2006, 08:01 AM
There is no need for Chiefs fans to get upset over any trash talk from Charger Fan...its cool. Chargers are a much better team than KC, Trash talking to a team like ours is silly. Getting mad about it is even sillier.

This week Chargers W; Chiefs L
Score irrelevant.
Thank you Herm. Thank you Carl.

StcChief
12-12-2006, 08:28 AM
So the dark shields are a Dr Prescription why?

Glare, bright sun, field lights etc should be allowed anytime anywhere.

I really don't see a problem if everyone could wear them.

JazzzLovr
12-12-2006, 09:02 AM
That isn't entirely true. I am sure at one point, Ty Law will be falling on his *** while a receiver is racing towards the end-zone.

FYP

caffeinated_virus
12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
I can only think of one Chief who would call Igor "soft" to his face. Jerrad Allen. The rest are a bunch of pussies.

I'd take Igor in that mix up...
Strongest mutha on our team...and he is crazy to boot.

Rain Man
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd take Igor in that mix up...
Strongest mutha on our team...and he is crazy to boot.

Yeah, but if you go for his knees you can get him ejected pretty quick, and win the fight that way.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Have you ever listened to a Chargers game with their broadcast crew? It's like listening to teenage girls with crushes

milkman
12-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Think about it, now that we are basically out of the playoff race, the Chiefs will come up with a meaningless late season win in order to worsen their draft position. Chiefs 24, San Diego 21.

Chiefs won't win this game, and if they did, that would piss me off.

Winning against the Chargers after the pathetic efforts against the Browns and Ravens would suck huge ass.

BigRedChief
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Rhonda Moss was on 810 sports this pm and said she questions whether the quote is real and where it came from. Anybody know? Linky?

Count Alex's Losses
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Rhonda Moss was on 810 sports this pm and said she questions whether the quote is real and where it came from. Anybody know? Linky?

Tomlinson is just misinterpreting Tamba's quote. He called the Chargers a finesse team and said they weren't as physical as he thought they would be.

BigRedChief
12-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Tomlinson is just misinterpreting Tamba's quote. He called the Chargers a finesse team and said they weren't as physical as he thought they would be.
finesse = Soft in the NFL. You call some team a finesse team you are calling them soft. The players know that. It use to be a code word for calling a team soft without saying it but its not that way anymore.

BigRedChief
12-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Nah... This guy has pre law plastered all over him. ROFL
pre-law, pre-med whats the difference?
http://www.filmwise.com/contests/contest_07/image_14a.jpg

DaWolf
12-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Funny, we've had that same label for the last 5 years or so now...