PDA

View Full Version : When you die, how do you want to be buried?

Count Alex's Losses
12-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm postitive I want to be urned.

DaFace
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I voted "other," because by the time the question really matters, I won't care.

plbrdude
12-11-2006, 10:17 PM
i would like my body placed underground. course i won't be in it any more so it really doesn't matter.

wutamess
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I never really understood why people really gave a shit what happens to them after they Die.

Cremation and spread ashes in a place I've never been outside of the country. It's an excuse to get someone to travel to a place they've never been.

redbrian
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Cremated and tossed to the winds, an urn is a waste of friggen money.
After having my brother and father cremated through a funeral home (what a huge rip off that is), the family found a Cremation Society which charges a fraction of that charged by a funeral home.
They also donít make you feel like cheap bastards for not succumbing to the pressure and buying a whole lot of crap you donít need or really want.

ENDelt260
Stuffed and mounted.

BucEyedPea
Open casket if I still look good...ya' know no bad accidents...but old age is fine unless my face is leperous or cancerous...s/g bad. Closed casket if I look bad.

I wanna be buried in the ground in a cemetary in the Boston area. I want a headstone with a large angel, seraphim preferred, blowing a horn and maybe two cherubim's at it's feet holding a banner with my name on it. Then I want my accomplishments to be chiseled into the stone block part of the headstone.
I want annual flowers....those should be wildflowers, in a mix of red, violet white and yellow. No pink.

I want the Ave Maria sung at my funeral.

I think that's all. If I think of more I'll edit. And I'm sure I will. I've always been very particular and fussy. This would reflect me.

EDIT: The wood on the casket should be a deep rich mahogany wood.

cdcox
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Soylent green.

FAX
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I always wanted to be strapped with explosives, dropped from a helicopter, and detonated at about 3500 feet or so.

That just seemed to be a great way to go out for some reason.

FAX

Sully
I'd like to be cremated, but I think it would be ridiculous for me to be sitting on someone's firplace. Use it as an excuse to take a trip somewhere cool to spread my ashes.

Count Alex's Losses

Not really. I like dying knowing that my relatives will be talking about me for decades to come, as I sit upon their mantle.

DaFace
12-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I always wanted to be strapped with explosives, dropped from a helicopter, and detonated at about 3500 feet or so.

That just seemed to be a great way to go out for some reason.

FAX

Hmm...that could be cool, but I'd appreciate it if you'd find an area far away from me to do it. I like you, FAX, but I'd rather not have any random pieces of your body falling on me.

wutamess
I want annual flowers....those should be wildflowers, in a mix of red, violet white and yellow. No pink.

I think you mean perenials.

C-Mac
Hmmm....could you explain this dying thing again?

BucEyedPea
12-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I think you mean perenials.
Correct I did.

FAX
12-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Hmm...that could be cool, but I'd appreciate it if you'd find an area far away from me to do it. I like you, FAX, but I'd rather not have any random pieces of your body falling on me.

I know and I'm sorry, Mr. DaFace. I would do it over the countryside or the ocean, I think.

Anyway, the idea is to have enough explosives that you basically disintegrate or whatever you do when you blow the hell out of somebody.

FAX

Sully
Not really. I like dying knowing that my relatives will be talking about me for decades to come, as I sit upon their mantle.

Do something worth talking about while you are alive, and you can save the money on the urn...
...that's my plan.

C-Mac
I never really understood why people really gave a shit what happens to them after they Die.

Ya...well try to explaining that to Walt Disney.

ENDelt260
Just think what they'd have to say if you were standing in the corner of the living room staring at them with creepy glass eyes.

Dunit35
12-11-2006, 10:31 PM
buried next to my dad and grandpa...that's all I want when I die.

FAX
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Just think what they'd have to say if you were standing in the corner of the living room staring at them with creepy glass eyes.

They could rent you out to horror movies and things, Mr. ENDelt260.

I may have to reconsider my final request.

FAX

DeezNutz
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
When my time on earth is gone,
and my activities here are past,
I want they bury me upside down,
and my critics can kiss my ass.

BucEyedPea
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Anyway, the idea is to have enough explosives that you basically disintegrate or whatever you do when you blow the hell out of somebody.
FAX
That's similar to how I'd like to die. I would like to be caught in an airplane propeller, accidentally of course, and be atomized into the universe.

But then I'd have to be collected somehow for my funeral and burial.
I guess it would have to be a closed casket then, with nothing inside. :hmmm:

BWillie
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I want to be stuffed and placed in a chair with a nice hugh hefner type robe, a scotch in one hand, and a stogie in the other. Marbles for eyes, you know like how you mount your deer heads at the taxidermist. Just like that. Nobody could possibly forget me. They would have to look at my stuffed ass every single day

DeezNutz
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Bob Knight's #1 Sportscenter moment.

Simplex3
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Cut me up for spare parts. Use what you possibly can, then burn up the rest or just throw it in the trash. I'll be done with the corpse.

boogblaster
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Burnt crispy fed to S.American pygmys...

Logical
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Stuffed and mounted.

So basically Thanksgiving with a Call girl.

alnorth
12-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I voted other.

My answer is that I dont care. A burial service is for the living, not the dead. If it makes them feel better to have a big memorial to make peace with my death, fine. If they would prefer a more simple brief service or a cremation, thats fine also.

redbrian
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
To expound on the cremation thing, I want to go out like my cousin, who took the difference in cost from a standard stick you in the ground funeral and plunked it down on one big party. Everyone had a great time and she will be well remembered for that party (as well as a lot of other things).

ChiefaRoo
12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
cremated with my ashes spread over Allen Field House where I will haunt future generations of gheyhawks for all eternity.

redbrian
12-11-2006, 11:15 PM
cremated with my ashes spread over Allen Field House where I will haunt future generations of gheyhawks for all eternity.

That's kind of sick, but I like the way you think.

Bob Dole
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Bob Dole wants something similar to that Steelers fan that went last year.

Prop Bob Dole up in a chair in front of a TV on Sunday, beer in one hand and a pack of reds in the other. Start the live music tailgate party about 9am (bands are already booked) and just enjoy the fellowship as long as it lasts. Toss the body in a ****ing dumpster when it's all done.

Bob Dole's luck, it will be a repeat of the Pittsburgh game this season. But Bob Dole won't care.

Guru
12-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Ashes spread in Arrowhead.

Rain Man
12-11-2006, 11:35 PM
I want to be fed to zoo animals. It would be environmentally sound, and it would be great fun for the animals.

ENDelt260
12-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Bob Dole wants something similar to that Steelers fan that went last year.

Prop Bob Dole up in a chair in front of a TV on Sunday, beer in one hand and a pack of reds in the other. Start the live music tailgate party about 9am (bands are already booked) and just enjoy the fellowship as long as it lasts. Toss the body in a ****ing dumpster when it's all done.

Bob Dole's luck, it will be a repeat of the Pittsburgh game this season. But Bob Dole won't care.
I'll pay fat girls to give your corpse lap dances and take pictures.

el borracho
12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I would like to be cremated and have the ashes spread in two places- half of the ashes in the mountains and half of the ashes in the ocean. Eventually, the ashes should all end up in the same place and for no real reason at all this strikes me as interesting.

el borracho
12-12-2006, 12:16 AM

Cremation and spread ashes in a place I've never been outside of the country. It's an excuse to get someone to travel to a place they've never been.
I would prefer not to be buried because I think cemeteries are a pointless waste of space.

I do like your idea of having someone take you somewhere you have never been.

Nzoner
12-12-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll pay fat girls to give your corpse lap dances and take pictures.

Who are you kidding you'll get fat girls for free.

BTW,Happy Holidays focker if i don't see you again before then,I'll be remebering that christmas day game from here on.

cheers

el borracho
12-12-2006, 12:17 AM
After having my brother and father cremated through a funeral home (what a huge rip off that is), the family found a Cremation Society which charges a fraction of that charged by a funeral home.
They also donít make you feel like cheap bastards for not succumbing to the pressure and buying a whole lot of crap you donít need or really want.
What the heck would anyone want an urn full of ashes for? Where would you keep it and why? Keeping an urn full of ashes makes no sense to me at all.

el borracho
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Your wife and kids might keep the urn and maybe, maybe your grandkids if you are close but no effin' way would it go beyond that. Seriously, would you keep an urn full of ashes of some relative you had never met? I wouldn't.

C-Mac
12-12-2006, 12:23 AM
.....dying is overrated.

ENDelt260
12-12-2006, 12:23 AM
BTW,Happy Holidays focker if i don't see you again before then,I'll be remebering that christmas day game from here on.

cheers

I'll be hitting town on the 22nd. Perhaps a few of us could get together for some beers on the evening of the 23rd.

Nzoner
12-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I'll be hitting town on the 22nd. Perhaps a few of us could get together for some beers on the evening of the 23rd.

I'm hosting a christmas fantasy football party that night,chiefs vs raiders,booze,eats,cards and whatever else.If you're in the mood I think jamie might be up for it as well,come see us.

ENDelt260
12-12-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm hosting a christmas fantasy football party that night,chiefs vs raiders,booze,eats,cards and whatever else.If you're in the mood I think jamie might be up for it as well,come see us.
Sounds like a good time. I'll have to touch base with Jamie.

Nzoner
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a good time. I'll have to touch base with Jamie.

Cool,let me know,you guys got free bedrooms if you need a place to crash.

penchief
12-12-2006, 05:39 AM
I hear a John Prine song coming on.

penchief
12-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Please Don't Bury Me
©John Prine

Woke up this morning
Put on my slippers
Walked in the kitchen and died
And oh what a feeling!
When my soul
Went thru the ceiling
And on up into heaven I did ride
When I got there they did say
John, it happened this way
You slipped upon the floor
And hit your head
And all the angels say
Just before you passed away
These were the very last words
That you said:

Chorus:
Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size

Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get "em" out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junkman
And give my love to Rose

Repeat Chorus

Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
Give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me
Hand me down my walking cane
It's a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye

Repeat Chorus

cadmonkey
12-12-2006, 08:24 AM
No chance in hell i am going to be rotting in the ground. I'm getting creamated and having my ashes spread in a location to be determined later.

KC-TBB
12-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I want to be cremated, then have the ashes put in my wifes douche bag...and go through that thing ONE LAST TIME!!! :)

Redrum_69
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
"When you die, how do you want to be buried?"

Right next to your mom

ck_IN
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Either a Viking funeral or cremated and my ashes spread on the lawns of people I don't like. That way I could haunt them.

Frazod
I want my ashes scattered over Sylvan Lake in the Black Hills.

A waitress at the Sylvan Lake Lodge overheard me say this once. She said "Ewwwwwww, I swim in there!" :D

Redcoats58
"When you die, how do you want to be buried?"

Right next to your mom
You're losing your steam man.

"When you die, how do you want to be buried?" In your mom is the correct answer.

Redrum_69
12-12-2006, 09:00 AM
You're losing your steam man.

"When you die, how do you want to be buried?" In your mom is the correct answer.

losing my steam...lost my burst...I've heard it all

tell you what....today I'll post a your mom that will be in my all time top ten...its that kind of day

Redcoats58
12-12-2006, 09:06 AM

tell you what....today I'll post a your mom that will be in my all time top ten...its that kind of day
I look forward to it :)

Frankie
12-12-2006, 09:48 AM
seal me in a special casket and put it in the space shuttle and release it high orbit. I like to be floating out there for years.

jidar
12-12-2006, 10:12 AM
where is the "I really don't give two shits" option?

ck_IN
12-12-2006, 10:38 AM
<i>She said "Ewwwwwww, I swim in there!</i>

You should've asked her if she wears a suit or skinnydips.

Frazod
12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
She said "Ewwwwwww, I swim in there!

You should've asked her if she wears a suit or skinnydips.

Believe me, that's what I was thinking. She was hot. :D

Saulbadguy
12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Stuffed in the night deposit slot at Blockbuster video.

TN_Chief
12-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Upside down...so the world can kiss my ass.

Actually, my will requests burial at sea (no kidding).

Jilly
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I want my body donated to science when I die, maybe a memorial service with some pictures or a video or something, but def. donated to science and when they mail the ashes back a yr later, I want them to go somewhere special...probably Hawaii, since that's where our honeymoon is.

Lzen
12-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Stuffed and mounted.

Mounted? Perhaps DenverChief will volunteer to mount you.

Lzen
12-12-2006, 11:26 AM
whatever you do when you blow the hell out of somebody

My wife spits.

Lzen
12-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Where did they bury the rest of him?

Lzen
12-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Here is how GoChiefs will be buried. :D

BIG_DADDY
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Mounted? Perhaps DenverChief will volunteer to mount you. LMAO

BIG_DADDY
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
When I die I want my son's to take my body and throw it over the fence into my neighbors yard. I hate those people.

Sylvia Brown

Rain Man
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
So far, no one has mentioned being dug up and molested by perverted yokel graverobbers.

Demonpenz
12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
donate all my organs then use my cadavor for car crashes and maybe even prop me up in a limo roll me downtown dallas and see if the shots came from the front or rear.

Donger
12-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Can we get rid of this thread please?

Rain Man
12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Can we get rid of this thread please?

Noting a downward trend in responses?

Fat Elvis
12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Ashes spread in Arrowhead.

Carl Peterson will charge your family parking for all eternity.

Calcountry
12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Bob Knight's #1 Sportscenter moment."Bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my @ss."

Calcountry
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Your wife and kids might keep the urn and maybe, maybe your grandkids if you are close but no effin' way would it go beyond that. Seriously, would you keep an urn full of ashes of some relative you had never met? I wouldn't.Wife and kids? Remember, this is Gochiefs you are talking about.
:p

Calcountry
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM

tell you what....today I'll post a your mom that will be in my all time top ten...its that kind of dayGee whillikers bat man, DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL.

BucEyedPea
12-12-2006, 01:39 PM
"Bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my @ss."
Or use your cottontail to polish and buff my copper pans. :shake:

luv
12-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd donate whatever organs could be used, then I would just want to be cremated. Spread my ashes somewhere.

Rausch
12-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Spread those ashes over Arrowhead baby...

Frankie
12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Wife and kids? Remember, this is Gochiefs you are talking about.
:p
ROFL

Adept Havelock
12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Soylent green.

ROFL ROFL

Take all the organs that can be used, burn me, scatter what's left to the four winds. I certainly won't need this meat machine anymore at that point.