PDA

View Full Version : Pats cut Gabriel

Woodrow Call
12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Patriots | Gabriel released
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:27:12 -0800

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have released WR Doug Gabriel.

Always thought he looked good in Oakland and in the few games I saw him in with the Pats. I think he has alot more potential than Gardner and with the WR corp the Chiefs have, I think he is worth a look.

CtrlAltDel
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
He's was actually one of NE's better WR's from what I saw. Odd that they would cut him.

Reerun_KC
12-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh boy, here we do with the "I think he is worth a look" crap..

Hell our coaches cant even put together a solid gameplan 3 weeks in a row and yet they have time to look at a cast off from oakland and now the Pats?

Get real people....

dj56dt58
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
i'll take him over parker any day

sedated
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Hell our coaches cant even put together a solid gameplan 3 weeks in a row and yet they have time to look at a cast off from oakland and now the Pats?

Get real people....

eddie kennison was worth a look.

so was brian waters.

scott free
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Get real people....

DAMN!!! Its sure as hell good to know that we have you around to supply all the answers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't understand this move at all. He seemed like one of their only reliable options at WR. I guess they must be pleased with Chad Jackson's development as well as the progression of Caldwell...ROFL

Another smudge on the Belichick/Pioli luster?? Their personnel decisions become more bizarre by the year.

Reerun_KC
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
DAMN!!! Its sure as hell good to know that we have you around to supply all the answers.

Your welcome. If you dont know, just ask....

Deberg_1990
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Where the obligatory "Sign him Carl!" ??

scott free
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM

I'll go with tea leaves instead ;) .

Reerun_KC
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
I'll go with tea leaves instead ;) .

I prefer the little black magic 8-ball....

Just shake and ask, "What would Carl do?"

Mr. Laz
12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
We don't need no stinkin' wide receivers ....... run the ball and play defense!!!

~Herm~

shaneo69
12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Chiefs should sign him. It would be a big upgrade over Gardner, who's not helping us at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Chiefs should sign him. It would be a big upgrade over Gardner, who's not helping us at all.

Doug Gabriel doesn't play to win the game. He hates America.

Thig Lyfe
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Why not?

BucEyedPea
12-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I don't understand this move at all.

I don't either. I don't know if it was two games ago or what, but he had screwed up ( I forget what it was because I didn't get this game here) and then I didn't see him back. Fans were wonderin'?!

I thought he played well. I thought he was the better of the other too so far.
WR's this year aren't so hot.

But ya' know if one runs a team based on what fans think, you'll soon be sittin' with them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't either. I don't know if it was two games ago or what, but he had screwed up ( I forget what it was because I didn't get this game here) and then I didn't see him back. Fans were wonderin'?!

I thought he played well. I thought he was the better of the other too so far.
WR's this year aren't so hot.

But ya' know if one runs a team based on what fans think, you'll soon be sittin' with them.

He fumbled against the goddamned Jets. I guess one fumble= cut to Belichick. I think that guy is turning into Caligula.

Sure-Oz
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Crazy move, he looked like a legit threat with some size and speed. We def. should sign him, he would upgrade the WR slot just a tad. I still think he has pretty good potential and was real solid early for the pats.

BucEyedPea
12-12-2006, 07:44 PM
He fumbled against the goddamned Jets. I guess one fumble= cut to Belichick. I think that guy is turning into Caligula.
ROFL Yea...I just checked on my Pat board. It was the fumble to the Jets.
Others have been fumblin' too. I was just sayin' it was since that game, somethin' seemed to be up.

The thing is, things get done inside the Pats for a reason, usually. Just no one knows yet.

Maybe it was to send a message?

His study habits?

Ya' know he loved Randy Moss...that must be it. ROFL

RNR
12-12-2006, 08:25 PM

Get real people....
You have not done your home work, he was traded from Oakland. Not a castoff just the victim of being on a team deep at the wideout position. He is a solid return guy and a steady wideout with break open speed. The knock on him is drops and a lack of burst, as in a two step burst. He he worth a look IMO as he stacks up well with any wideouts on the Chiefs roster.

StcChief
12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Give him a shot, our luck has to turn someday.

siberian khatru
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I think that guy is turning into Caligula.

ROFL

Is Belichick going to start his horse at WR?

Bill Parcells
12-12-2006, 08:30 PM
That was a HUGE fumble..I'm pretty sure it wasn't just that though..

Deberg_1990
12-12-2006, 08:39 PM
That was a HUGE fumble..I'm pretty sure it wasn't just that though..

Yea, im sure there is alot more too it than the general public and media will ever know.

Who knows what went on behind closed doors.....

Ugly Duck
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
You have not done your home work, he was traded from Oakland. Not a castoff just the victim of being on a team deep at the wideout position. He is a solid return guy and a steady wideout with break open speed. The knock on him is drops and a lack of burst, as in a two step burst. He he worth a look IMO as he stacks up well with any wideouts on the Chiefs roster.

No way! He's slow, drops the ball, runs bad routes, fumbles, has a drug problem & molests little boys. KC shouldn't touch that looser no matter what!

P.S. You going to Oaktown for Chiefs Week, Neck?

Simplex3
12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm sure every time Herm and Solari tell him to get in the game he refuses. That's why he isn't getting any playing time.

Short Leash Hootie
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
these threads are so retarded...

Simplex3
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
these threads are so retarded...
:spock:

Mecca
12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Hootie digs our shitty WR's......

CupidStunt
12-13-2006, 06:11 AM
For once in your miserable life, Chiefs, make a proactive move. Make a move that shows a little risk, a little outside-the-box thinking.

Our crusty ass WRs are taking us nowhere.

Amnorix
12-13-2006, 06:50 AM
No idea what happened. He was very involved in the offense our first few games. Then less so, then a key fumble in a loss to the Jets, then benched, now cut.

He must have really PO'ed hte coaches with a bad attitude or something. He started out great, but it was all downhill.

And it's not like we have a wealth of talented WRs at the moment. :(

BucEyedPea
12-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Pats can kiss a SB goodbye this season Amn.
Just on TO's.

Amnorix
12-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Pats can kiss a SB goodbye this season Amn.
Just on TO's.

Yep, pretty much already have.

Might win the divisional game at home, but that's likely as far as we'll get. We don't match up well with SD, and the Ravens look flat out better than us. Indy and Denver already beat us at home.

Turnovers, lack of offense, and injuries are all making this a very sub-rate Brady/Belichick team.

Still, we'll likely be at 11 or 12 wins, so it's not like we suck. We'll see if they can make any noise this year, and hope they're better next year.

Undertaker #59
12-13-2006, 07:57 AM
He was too tall.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2006, 09:22 AM
No idea what happened. He was very involved in the offense our first few games. Then less so, then a key fumble in a loss to the Jets, then benched, now cut.

He must have really PO'ed hte coaches with a bad attitude or something. He started out great, but it was all downhill.

And it's not like we have a wealth of talented WRs at the moment. :(Oh well.... thanks for the draft pick anyway.

Amnorix
12-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Oh well.... thanks for the draft pick anyway.

Late 5th rounder, and given what the Raiders have done with their high picks over the last few years, I can't say I'm worried you'll get a steal.

siberian khatru
12-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Yep, pretty much already have.

Might win the divisional game at home, but that's likely as far as we'll get. We don't match up well with SD, and the Ravens look flat out better than us. Indy and Denver already beat us at home.

Turnovers, lack of offense, and injuries are all making this a very sub-rate Brady/Belichick team.

Still, we'll likely be at 11 or 12 wins, so it's not like we suck. We'll see if they can make any noise this year, and hope they're better next year.

You didn't need another SB anyway. Those Lombardis are really high in fat and cholesterol.

JakeT
12-13-2006, 09:55 AM
It took the Chiefs 7 years and one big fat contract to figure out that Eric Warfield sucked -- the PATS figured it out in one pre-season.

The Pats aren't deep at WO and if they didn't want this guy I don't either. If we sign him he'll be here for at least 10 years.

CupidStunt
12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Late 5th rounder, and given what the Raiders have done with their high picks over the last few years, I can't say I'm worried you'll get a steal.

Makes no sense.

You get steals in the later rounds, not in the high picks.

Kirk Morrison's a pretty good player.

Either way you spin it, 5th rounder > no 5th rounder.

wutamess
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM

YOU'RE
:evil:

wutamess
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Gabriel was Brady's main target for the few weeks he was actually in the games ( I know he was my sleeper mid season FFL pick). That one fumble cost him his job as he rarely got on the field afterwards.

He'd be a great #2 for our team. Hell Web at the moment owuld be a great # 2 for our team. Anyone except for Sammie-Freaking-Parker who is a waste of Lamar's $, a roster spot, and speed.

Over-Head
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Iím surprised that Al didnít trade him for Porter.
Oh yeah, heís not through ruining the boyís career yet, or is it that Porter isnít thorough ruining his career yet?
With so much drama in Oaktown these days itís hard to tell

Sure-Oz
12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd like to sign Gabriel and cut Gardner, who's basically worthless to the team. They better sign him.

BucEyedPea
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Gabriel was Brady's main target for the few weeks he was actually in the games ( I know he was my sleeper mid season FFL pick). That one fumble cost him his job as he rarely got on the field afterwards.

That's as it appears I think...but there's gotta be more than that.
Because Watson has fumbled more and is still there.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Late 5th rounder, and given what the Raiders have done with their high picks over the last few years, I can't say I'm worried you'll get a steal.Actually, Nnamdi Asomugha is working out pretty good.... tied for the INT lead with 7. Fabian Washington has 4. Those two are playing well & contributing to the league's top pass defense. If we only had an offense - that might mean something. But those #1 picks are playing solid football. Your #5 will allow AL to rade up a bit... better than just cutting Gabriel anyway.

jidar
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
For once in your miserable life, Chiefs, make a proactive move. Make a move that shows a little risk, a little outside-the-box thinking.

Our crusty ass WRs are taking us nowhere.

I don't see where this attitude comes from. The Chiefs take chances in FA but all the time I see fans who think they don't or wont.

BucEyedPea
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
OMG! I just realized. Ugly Duck is a Raider's fan!
Do you want Gruden back?

RNR
12-13-2006, 04:14 PM
No way! He's slow, drops the ball, runs bad routes, fumbles, has a drug problem & molests little boys. KC shouldn't touch that looser no matter what!

P.S. You going to Oaktown for Chiefs Week, Neck?
LOL I wish! be watching here in Doo Dah!

doomy3
12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
The Freaking Raiders re-claimed him. Nice job by the Pats to just give away a 5th to the Raiders for nothing.

Sure-Oz
12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't get why we didn't atleast give him a shot...