PDA

View Full Version : Leave It To the Chiefs To Screw Up the Blocked Punt

RINGLEADER
12-17-2006, 07:45 PM
What a frickin joke this team has become. Then they follow it up by allowing an 85-yard run. Just brilliant guys.

They're just like last year's team - play well 95% of the time. Only now we have no offense because Trent Green can't throw the ball with any accuracy and the offensive coordinator doesn't have a clue most of the time.

Would have contributed this wisdom to the game thread but posting from my phone. Plus I through Ross' boneheadedness deserved a thread all its own.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
ONLY team in the league who can turn a blocked punt into a possession for the other team

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Yea, everyone is so preoccupied with the blocked punt thing, no one is even pissed about the D giving up a a huge 85 yard TD run. WHat a bunch of losers these guys are. The D is not improved. Its an illusion.

C-Mac
12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I have never ever seen a punting team retain the ball after a blocked kick....unfreaking believable!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I'd like to jam a Mag Lite up Triplette's ass sideways, and jerk the motherf*cker around in his cornhole until the batteries rupture and spill acid in his colon.

Fruit Ninja
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Yea, everyone is so preoccupied with the blocked punt thing, no one is even pissed about the D giving up a a huge 85 yard TD run. WHat a bunch of losers these guys are. The D is not improved. Its an illusion.After that bullshit call, i dont think anyone even gives a shit about that 85 yard run. I knwo i dont, its like oh well, figures.

Iowanian
12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Screw that.

That was pure effort by the ST.

This is the most bullshit rule in the league, if its even true. There was never possesion by the CHiefs and they didn't cross the effing 1st down marker.

Its bullshit.

Eff sandy eggo. Eff their fans. Eff the Refs.

Die in a fire.

Bob Dole
12-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Yea, everyone is so preoccupied with the blocked punt thing, no one is even pissed about the D giving up a a huge 85 yard TD run. WHat a bunch of losers these guys are. The D is not improved. Its an illusion.

Actually, someone should punch Herm in the face for not calling a ****ing timeout and giving a team that just felt like they got sucker punched some time to regroup.

But then we wouldn't have had that pointless timeout to call at the end of the half and we wouldn't get to read how bad our defense blows.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2006, 08:08 PM
After that bullshit call, i dont think anyone even gives a shit about that 85 yard run. I knwo i dont, its like oh well, figures.

It's what sent me over the top. I f*cking snapped when that happened.

Bill Parcells
12-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Absolute horseshit call..

Ultra Peanut
12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
This is the most bullshit rule in the league, if its even true. What's bullshit about it? What makes it any different than a muffed catch, or the ball bouncing off someone on the return team's leg?

The only bullshit was Ross' idiotic decision to try to grab the ball when he had no ****ing business doing so.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 08:31 PM
What's bullshit about it? What makes it any different than a muffed catch, or the ball bouncing off someone on the return team's leg?

The only bullshit was Ross' idiotic decision to try to grab the ball when he had no ****ing business doing so.

its 4th down. How can a team that never got past the original 1st down marker, automatically regain possession and then get another 1st down?? Its a stupid, stupid rule.....

At the very least they should have to replay 4th down again.

wolfpack0735
12-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Actually, someone should punch Herm in the face for not calling a ****ing timeout and giving a team that just felt like they got sucker punched some time to regroup.

But then we wouldn't have had that pointless timeout to call at the end of the half and we wouldn't get to read how bad our defense blows.
hermie has been able to manage the clock or his time outs all year,why start now.

Lonewolf Ed
12-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I have never ever seen a punting team retain the ball after a blocked kick....unfreaking believable!

It's a first for me, too. Well, at least I know a bit more about the rules regarding blocked punts now... :(

C-Mac
12-17-2006, 09:41 PM
What's bullshit about it? What makes it any different than a muffed catch, or the ball bouncing off someone on the return team's leg?

Its totally different.......the kick was blocked!

InChiefsHell
12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
If the recieveing team touches the ball, it is a live ball and whoever recovers it gets a first and 10. It sucks, but that's the rule. We needed to recover the god damn ball.

C-Mac
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
If the recieveing team touches the ball, it is a live ball and whoever recovers it gets a first and 10. It sucks, but that's the rule. We needed to recover the god damn ball.

I'm not so sure, I believe that you have to advance the ball first then if you fumble it, its a live ball. The punt is not live to the punting team....especially if it is blocked. Also with your reasoning, once Pollard touched it its live, and that is not the case.