PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think Solari doesnt need to go?

Wallcrawler
12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Even senile John Madden is calling Solari's shitty playcalling on 3rd down out. You know its bad when Madden's words make sense.

When its 3rd and 5, YOU NEED FIVE. NOT TWO.

3rd and 12, YOU NEED TWELVE.

Its almost like the Chiefs are TRYING not to get the first down. They certainly arent running any plays on 3rd down to get them close to the first down marker.

Dude needs to go back to the O-line coach spot, or pack his shit. We need a competent, experienced coordinator in there to call some goddamned offense that isnt predictable as the sunrise.

BigVE
12-17-2006, 08:05 PM
When your O-line is like swiss cheese its kind of hard to call anything. You have no choice but to be conservative. I dont really like the calling either but his hands are somewhat tied.

cdcox
12-17-2006, 08:09 PM
There is no excuse for not send several targets past the sticks on 3rd down. None.

noa
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I would rather throw an INT there and at least try for the first down than go for two yards just so we can punt and run out the clock to end the half.

BigVE
12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
There is no excuse for not send several targets past the sticks on 3rd down. None.

How about the fact that it takes 3.2 seconds to go the required yardage and Trent is being put on his rear in 2.5 seconds or less most of the time.?? Good enough excuse for me.

Wallcrawler
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM
I dont buy the "hands tied" BS. You cannot honestly tell me that on 3rd and 5, it was IMPOSSIBLE to run receivers past the first down marker.

SO WHAT if you make the play on 3rd down short of the sticks? You give Trent time, he makes the throw, you still have to punt.

God damn. If youre going to try to give him time, at least make it worth something if you make a play. Get the first down yardage, not a couple yards and kick anyway.

Solari's inability to get anyone past the sticks on 3rd down is inexcusable.

Know the down and distance. Recognize it. Call a play that if successful, results in a first down as soon as the ball is caught.

Its really basic, for anyone with their head out of their ass that is. Solari's inexperience at the job is killing this offense.

BigVE
12-17-2006, 08:19 PM
What if you tell the guy to run a 7yd pattern and he only runs it 5? Who's fault is that? The WR's have to know where the sticks are too.

Wallcrawler
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh yeah. I remember how these same receivers were notorious for not getting past the sticks on third down under Saunders and Vermiel.

Not. This is not poor routerunning by the receivers. Its conservative playcalling, and it has not, nor will it ever win a championship. No guts, no glory. No balls, no world championship.

Solari needs to go, and the Chiefs desperately need to find a competent coordinator to run the offense. Solari's inexperience and Herm's conservativeness is a very big part of the reason the Chiefs have dropped 16 spots in total offense.

The rest is the shitty offensive line play at the tackles.

38yrsfan
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Solari hasn't produced from his first day.

Side point - why does TV (where we can see what is happening) have 2+ talking mouths and most radio has only 1 sometimes 2? The mute is such a nice feature that gives the individual more control over the trash he has to endure. I'm sure it will be socio-economic pressured into not being an option on consumer electronic devices in the future. (tongue in cheek)

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah. I remember how these same receivers were notorious for not getting past the sticks on third down under Saunders and Vermiel.

Not. This is not poor routerunning by the receivers. Its conservative playcalling, and it has not, nor will it ever win a championship. No guts, no glory. No balls, no world championship.

Solari needs to go, and the Chiefs desperately need to find a competent coordinator to run the offense. Solari's inexperience and Herm's conservativeness is a very big part of the reason the Chiefs have dropped 16 spots in total offense.

The rest is the shitty offensive line play at the tackles.

I hear Paul Hackett is available.......LOL

But seriously, your right, he needs to go. Its time for a complete offensive overhaul. I honestly dont care what type of system they bring in here as long as its efficient and they execute.

Thats one of Solar's main problem's hes not getting the players to execute his gameplan. Its not working. The offense and the defense are rarely on the same page.

steelyeyed57
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Teams are now taking advantage of our conservative game plans with timely blitzes because they can hone in on when we are passing. Consequently, we lose the ability to play action, which is the whole point of running to set-up the pass. I tend to agree that Solari's inability to take advantage of what a defense is doing shows he isn't up to the job. That quick pass to Gonzalez where the blitzing linebacker vacated is what we should have been doing when the Chargers showed they would be blitzing up the middle a lot. That being said, the Chargers defense was absolutely relentless, and it was quite a challenge to move the ball on them.