PDA

View Full Version : TrINT's return?

GROB
12-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Looking on the front page it didn't take you chef fans long to throw the guy under the bus. Is TrINT returning? Chef fans, no offense, tend to rush to judgement quick, guy's played good for chefs for years and under the bus he goes. Play call of the night, 3rd from chargers 42 or so and a pass to Hall that wouldn't get a first or get into FG range. There is always next year for both Denver and KC.

Mr. Laz
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM
can somebody ban this piece of dog shit

at least for a day

GROB
12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Yep TrINT is back, he is putting up Plummer type numbers. I love his throws on swing passes and at the feet of the receivers. Receivers made some good catches tonight.

Phobia
12-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm due $5 every time the term is used. I accept paypal. Thanks.

Valiant
12-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't think Trint is back, but his play has been subpar for a majority of the games now... He tries to hard and Farves the ball to double coverage too much.. I am hoping a good rest in the offseason will help him get back the trent of old, and maybe a WR that can get seperation and better playcalling...

Count Zarth
12-23-2006, 11:03 PM
TrINT is dead. The offensive line has sucked.

Phobia
12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
TrINT is dead. The offensive line has sucked.

I don't understand why Green always gets a pass. When he has 26 turnovers in one year it's all the WR's fault. When he's stinking up the field this year it's the offensive line.

Yet when he puts up 4,000 yards passing behind the best offensive line in the game, it's all him. He's the best eva.

Why am I the only Chiefs fan who will acknowledge that Trent Green is an average NFL QB?

Count Zarth
12-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not giving him a pass. That interception was awful. But it doesn't mean he's TrINT. TrINT would rocket balls down the field with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

I liked his touchdown pass. That was a great play. I think he's played about as well as any quarterback could be expected to play behind this offensive line.

GROB
12-23-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't understand why Green always gets a pass. When he has 26 turnovers in one year it's all the WR's fault. When he's stinking up the field this year it's the offensive line.

Yet when he puts up 4,000 yards passing behind the best offensive line in the game, it's all him. He's the best eva.

Why am I the only Chiefs fan who will acknowledge that Trent Green is an average NFL QB?
He plays well in big games to right? Wait you would have to get team to playoffs more than once to have an argument.

Valiant
12-23-2006, 11:23 PM

I think he is a tad bit above average, but when you look back on QB ratings you are either a probowl QB or you suck...

He has made quite a few bad decisions since his return from injury.. Of course I do not know why he was not leashed until he felt comfortable, ala damon huards playcalling...

My biggest concern this year on Trent is his inability to throw the short pass to LJ... Forcing a ball in to double coverage, fine; throwing to TG with three guys on him, fine; But not making a ten yard pass to LJ when no one is on him constantly confuses the living hell out of me...

chiefforlife
12-23-2006, 11:58 PM
TrInts gotta go. Keeping him for another year is only stalling the reloading process. Our offense is so simple now, it shouldnt take a young guy that long to pick it up.
Lets get Brodie that bowflex and start him next year.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2006, 12:50 AM

Your not the only one. Ive been saying it for five years.

Hes a classic system QB. If everything is "perfect" Line, timing, WR's then hes above average to pretty damn good.

If there is a weak link anywhere in the equation, hes not athletic enough or talented enough to make something out of nothing.

Unfortunately, we always seem to have breakdowns somewhere and that doesnt help out his cause. Honestly, its time for him to move on.

milkman
12-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Your not the only one. Ive been saying it for five years.

Hes a classic system QB. If everything is "perfect" Line, timing, WR's then hes above average to pretty damn good.

If there is a weak link anywhere in the equation, hes not athletic enough or talented enough to make something out of nothing.

Unfortunately, we always seem to have breakdowns somewhere and that doesnt help out his cause. Honestly, its time for him to move on.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

He's a QB whose mechanics are essential to his game, which means he has to have protection.

The fact is, he's had crap at the WR position to work with since he's been here.
Which means that protection is even more important.

He also, until this injury, has made plays with his legs.

He had Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez, but most importantly, he's had a good O-Line in front of him.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Actually, that's not entirely true.

He's a QB whose mechanics are essential to his game, which means he has to have protection.

Very true. This is one of the reasons that Parcells down is Dallas finally went with Romo over Bledsoe. Dallas's line doesnt pass protect all that well and Bledsoe is a statue who needs perfect protection.

Romo slides in and out of the pocket better when pass protection breaks down.

Id rather not delay the enevitable any longer, bite the bullet and go with a younger guy next year. Trent can still play, but can he realistically win 10-13 games?? Not with as many holes as we have to fill.

Mecca
12-24-2006, 02:07 AM
It would be nice even with the bad line if someone would inform him he can't hold the ball forever....

RedThat
12-24-2006, 02:26 AM

I can hear what your saying. I do think he is a bit overrated.

And would like to comment, hear is my reasoning, he has been very very fortunate throughout his career surrounding himself with good quality football coaches. Vermeil, Martz, Saunders, etc.

He had an amazing supporting cast around him. The Chiefs had probably the BEST offensive line the last 5 years. He had a great RB, a great TE. What else more? Great offensive minded coaches who treated him like he was a son. Give any QB in the league that, and you'll see him put up numbers...I think those little factors most certainly are a TRUE TRUE display that show why he was effective throughout his career.

But is he really a good QB? I dont think so. A lot of that has been taken away from him. In particular, the offensive line, and Vermeil and Saunders. Now we are seeing a different QB. I dont think its because of age or injuries, I dont buy that. I think it's because he definately doesn't have the strong supporting cast he once had.

Are we starting to see Trent Greens true colours? probably.

Mecca
12-24-2006, 02:29 AM
If you ask Trent Green to win you games it's probably not going to be pretty, he's just not that kind of player.

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2006, 06:46 AM

Um, HELLO!?

Phobia
12-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh, I'm sorry Hootie. Why am I the only reasonably intelligent and partially sane Chiefs fan who will acknowledge that Trent Green is an average NFL QB?

Short Leash Hootie
12-24-2006, 06:52 AM
hahahahahaha...

Nice one, Phobes