PDA

View Full Version : Chargers have the worst fans in football

PunkinDrublic
12-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Even in perhaps their best season in franchise history I see the stands filled with a good number of opposing teams fans. San Diego truly does not deserve or appreciate the Chargers.

Ultra Peanut
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
They really, truly are.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
What fans?? They only show up every 10 years or so...

wazu
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
They're not even close to the worst. They're actually pretty good. I lived in San Diego for three years and went to the Chiefs game every year. The Chargers fans were out there early, tailgating and such, and they were decently loud.

They aren't Chiefs fans, but I thought they were pretty good.

PunkinDrublic
12-17-2006, 09:31 PM
They're not even close to the worst. They're actually pretty good. I lived in San Diego for three years and went to the Chiefs game every year. The Chargers fans were out there early, tailgating and such, and they were decently loud.

They aren't Chiefs fans, but I thought they were pretty good.

I lived in SD for quite a few years and week after week opposing fans would take over Qualcom. Especially when the faiders in town that place would turn into Chokeland south. I don't know it just offends me when teams with bandwagon fanbases do well. They just haven't suffered enough to deserve the team they have. Yes this is sour grapes and I am bitter.

Oh Snap
12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Man theres alot more to do in SD then there is in KC. I love the chiefs but KC is boreing. In SD theres alot more to do besides watch football. You cant blame san diegons for going to the beach haveing fun at the night clubs... ETC..

PunkinDrublic
12-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Man theres alot more to do in SD then there is in KC. I love the chiefs but KC is boreing. In SD theres alot more to do besides watch football. You cant blame san diegons for going to the beach haveing fun at the night clubs... ETC..

Oh I agree to a certain extent. SD is my favorite city and I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it but it's no excuse for having a don't give a shit attitude about the team overall.

SB06CHARGERS
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
i'sd say peopl;e callingfor LT to be knocked out topthe bill.

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:21 PM

All Cali teams are like this........people that have never been there don't get that. Here the Chiefs are the only show in town on Sundays. In Cali there's shit ton of stuff to do, most of which costs less than going to a football game.

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:22 PM

Hey man I wouldn't worry about that kinda stuff, it's just people being pissed and sour grapes and all.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
All Cali teams are like this........people that have never been there don't get that. Here the Chiefs are the only show in town on Sundays. In Cali there's shit ton of stuff to do, most of which costs less than going to a football game.

Ive been saying that for years. Exactly why a team in LA never gets over with fans.

Plus everyone out in SoCal is from other pats of the country originally, so their loyaties lie with other teams.

TinyEvel
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
see my other thread.
let's just say I'm angry.

Ugly Duck
12-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I say we need to be more understanding about Charger fans. Think about it.... that franchise is one of the original AFL teams. And in their entire existance, they've lived in the shadow of either the Chiefs, the Raiders, or the Donks as they each experienced the ultimate glory. Sandy Eggo has always been the little brother that just tagged along with the big boys. Now, finally.... they are on top. The best in the division without question. Charger fans have no experience with that - small wonder they don't know how to handle it. Hell.... I hope they go on to win the Superbowl. The rest of us should welcome the kid brother that has finally grown up after all these years. There's room for 4 teams in this division, and the Chargers have at long last come of age.

Ari Chi3fs
12-17-2006, 11:37 PM
ROFL

Ugly Duck
12-17-2006, 11:42 PM
ROFLHey.... quit rolling on the floor! I was serious!

niceTryQueefs
12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Even in perhaps their best season in franchise history I see the stands filled with a good number of opposing teams fans. San Diego truly does not deserve or appreciate the Chargers.
Stoopid Bitter Queef Fan. Yeah, LJ > LT... no playoffs for you.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Nice first post.. now be gone you rice crispy treat covered in shit!

boltpower 21
12-18-2006, 12:42 AM
I was at the game tonight and the stadium was rocking.

I know there are often a good number of opposing fans at the games but I don't know how it appeared on television tonight but there were at most, ten percent Chief fans there... and that's being very generous.

luv
12-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Do you look at what you're typing? Drunk maybe?

RedDread
12-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Imagine if this situation was reversed: Chiefs at home with an 11-2 record and playing the division rival Chargers to try and secure home field thru the playoffs.

The place would be SRO and the San Diego offense would need a hearing check after the game. I actually heard a smattering of boos during the game!

FFS they're 11-2 (now 12-2) and lead the entire game. It's bad enough their fans can't create any significant noise but that takes the cake. ROFL

Ultra Peanut
12-18-2006, 04:06 AM
I was at the game tonight and the stadium was rocking.Aww, it's so cute. It's like you think you've got a real fanbase.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Carl Peterson applauds your recognition that it's not the quality of the team but the tenacity of the fans that makes him the $$.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 04:09 AM
against the donks at arrowhead this thanksgiving game. Players were quoted as saying arrowhead got so loud that the turf under there shoes, and there shoulder pads started to vibrate. Qualcomm is a joke compared to arrowhead.

GROB
12-18-2006, 06:55 AM
There was a real classy chef fan at the bar last night in a #88 jersey yelling everytime LT ran the ball "Break his leg!" I guess you will go to extremes when your head is getting stomped into the mud.

brent102fire
12-18-2006, 09:29 AM
The Chargers have the most bandwagoners I have ever seen or heard of. Unfortunately, I was at Qualcomm last night to watch the Chiefs lose, again. There were alot of Chiefs Fans there as well as a lot of "Charger Fans". The thing is, there are alot of bandwagoners in SD. They show up when the team is doing well and are never to be seen if they are doing bad. I was sitting in front of a guy who kept yelling "Who's LJ"?, "Who's LJ"? to me everytime LT had a good run. I turned around and said "Hey dude, give me the names of the guys on the Chargers Offensive Line"! You know what, he couldn't do it. Then I said, "just give me their last names then" and he still couldn't come up with one guy, not one guy. Then I said, "yeah, your a die hard Charger Fan alright". His buddy just looked at me and didn't say a word as I said " Goff, Olivea, Harwick, McNeill and Dielman". Then I said aloud, "yeah dude, your a huge Charger Fan alright. How can you be a fan of something you don't know anything about"? Everyone around us was looking at us and then a fellow Chiefs Fan came over and gave me a high-five.

Later on, I went the the restroom and there was a jackass behind me in line who said if I take my Chiefs hat and jacket off, he will let me walk around their stadium. I said "your stadium"? "This is the only Stadium in the NFL where it's filled with fans of the visiting team and bandwagoners"! I said dude, tell me who plays on the Chargers besides LT, Antonio Gates, Phillip Rivers and Shawne Merriman. He spouted off Donnie Edwards which impressed me. I said "keep going"...name the defensive starters. He managed to say Luis Castillo and that was it. There are a few more stories I have that ended up the same way...their fans just bug the sh*t out of me...

Way to go KC...another $500 spent to watch you lose :banghead: :shake: :cuss: :mad: :deevee:

boltpower 21
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Aww, it's so cute. It's like you think you've got a real fanbase.

If you read what I wrote, you would have noticed that I mentioned the fact that I realize there are often a number of visiting fans at Charger games.

For whatever the reason, the Chiefs fans did not represent well last night IMO.

Rooster
12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I thought it was pretty classy the way the stadium couldn't even have a moment of silence for Lamar Hunt. All I heard on my TV was a bunch of drunks screaming and the crowd obviously still talking in the back ground.

Stay classy San Diego... :mad:

Aarostotle
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
If you read what I wrote, you would have noticed that I mentioned the fact that I realize there are often a number of visiting fans at Charger games.

For whatever the reason, the Chiefs fans did not represent well last night IMO.

lets it go, they are saying all this through frustration.

boltpower 21
12-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I thought it was pretty classy the way the stadium couldn't even have a moment of silence for Lamar Hunt. All I heard on my TV was a bunch of drunks screaming and the crowd obviously still talking in the back ground.

Stay classy San Diego... :mad:

Hmm... I heard a few idiots' voices from where I was sitting but it was pretty quiet in there from what I heard.

Rooster
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Hmm... I heard a few idiots' voices from where I was sitting but it was pretty quiet in there from what I heard.

Maybe that was the case. Perhaps NBC had their microphones in some spots next to some a$$holes or something. All I know is what came off during the telecast didn't make SD look very compasionate.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I thought bolt fans were very respectful about lamar hunt. Some had signs up thanking lamar hunt for everything hes done for the league. Most were chief fans though with a few charger fans holding up some signs as well.

Now chargers represent the afc west and go out there and kick some ass. Ill be pulling for ya come playoff time. Just dont **** it up.

Hitman37
12-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I've been a Charger fan since 1980 (I'm 32), and as long as I can remember there hasn't been a huge fan base, or dedicated fan base, when compared to other cities. There are a lot of other things to do out here, and although it's no excuse, it's a reality. Also, in my years of watching there haven't been many good teams to draw a crowd in. But, I think what most people outside of San Diego don't think of is SD is a melting pot. People from all over the nation (even world) come to live here and they bring their sports team loyalties with them. In California, there are so many home teams that have opposing fans in their stadium every week. With SD having the best weather in Cali, we have it even worse.
As far as Raider fans are concerned. Many that attend the SD games are not fans, but are thugs there to start trouble. It's been a phenomenon that's been happening for the last 10-15 years. Crime rates go up 60% each Raider game. However, with Marty trying to get SD like KC with the 12th man, I have noticed that the last 3 years home town fans have been increasing while opposing fans have been shrinking at the games. We hope to be like you guys within the next 3-5 years. It'll take time, but it's getting there!

StcChief
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM
It didn't look that populated with Chiefs fans on TV (or NBC wasn't showing it)

The moment of 'non-silence' for Lamar was bad.

These fans are tuning into less passionate Faider Fans quick. Maybe it's the Kalifornia Sunshine

Aarostotle
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I've been a Charger fan since 1980 (I'm 32), and as long as I can remember there hasn't been a huge fan base, or dedicated fan base, when compared to other cities. There are a lot of other things to do out here, and although it's no excuse, it's a reality. Also, in my years of watching there haven't been many good teams to draw a crowd in. But, I think what most people outside of San Diego don't think of is SD is a melting pot. People from all over the nation (even world) come to live here and they bring their sports team loyalties with them. In California, there are so many home teams that have opposing fans in their stadium every week. With SD having the best weather in Cali, we have it even worse.
As far as Raider fans are concerned. Many that attend the SD games are not fans, but are thugs there to start trouble. It's been a phenomenon that's been happening for the last 10-15 years. Crime rates go up 60% each Raider game. However, with Marty trying to get SD like KC with the 12th man, I have noticed that the last 3 years home town fans have been increasing while opposing fans have been shrinking at the games. We hope to be like you guys within the next 3-5 years. It'll take time, but it's getting there!

well said, :clap:

Buck
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually I would say that over the past 5 years the Q has been filled with more Chargers fans then other fans, and this year the Ratio is a normal 90% Chargers fans 10% Visitors Fans

Buck
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
It didn't look that populated with Chiefs fans on TV (or NBC wasn't showing it)

The moment of 'non-silence' for Lamar was bad.

These fans are tuning into less passionate Faider Fans quick. Maybe it's the Kalifornia Sunshine

Your crazy...The Moment of Silence was absolutely Silent. I didn't hear a single person talking.

And there were very few Chiefs fans there, so your right about that.

DjChemical
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
You guys have to remember san diego is huge military town. So a lot of people move here for that reason and lot of them are from the midwest and such and follow the teams of thier hometown.

DJJasonp
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Actually I would say that over the past 5 years the Q has been filled with more Chargers fans then other fans, and this year the Ratio is a normal 90% Chargers fans 10% Visitors Fans

You must have forgotten the steelers game ....way more than 10%......the % has dropped from the 25-30% visitor portion as the season has progressed....

(once the bandwagon started filling up)

alpha_omega
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Their hopes will soon be dashed.

DJJasonp
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM

This is the most reasonable quotes I've heard all week from a charger fan....and accurate as well. The amount of things to do plays heavily into this....as well as the melting pot. Go to a Padres game when the cubs are in town or the yankees, etc....and see 1/3 of the fans in the visting teams' colors.

It's just a fact of life for San Diego.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 03:00 PM
You guys have to remember san diego is huge military town. So a lot of people move here for that reason and lot of them are from the midwest and such and follow the teams of thier hometown.
thats right 29 palms. HOOAH!!

Electric Chair
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
The Chargers have the most bandwagoners I have ever seen or heard of. Unfortunately, I was at Qualcomm last night to watch the Chiefs lose, again. There were alot of Chiefs Fans there as well as a lot of "Charger Fans". The thing is, there are alot of bandwagoners in SD. They show up when the team is doing well and are never to be seen if they are doing bad. I was sitting in front of a guy who kept yelling "Who's LJ"?, "Who's LJ"? to me everytime LT had a good run. I turned around and said "Hey dude, give me the names of the guys on the Chargers Offensive Line"! You know what, he couldn't do it. Then I said, "just give me their last names then" and he still couldn't come up with one guy, not one guy. Then I said, "yeah, your a die hard Charger Fan alright". His buddy just looked at me and didn't say a word as I said " Goff, Olivea, Harwick, McNeill and Dielman". Then I said aloud, "yeah dude, your a huge Charger Fan alright. How can you be a fan of something you don't know anything about"? Everyone around us was looking at us and then a fellow Chiefs Fan came over and gave me a high-five.

Later on, I went the the restroom and there was a jackass behind me in line who said if I take my Chiefs hat and jacket off, he will let me walk around their stadium. I said "your stadium"? "This is the only Stadium in the NFL where it's filled with fans of the visiting team and bandwagoners"! I said dude, tell me who plays on the Chargers besides LT, Antonio Gates, Phillip Rivers and Shawne Merriman. He spouted off Donnie Edwards which impressed me. I said "keep going"...name the defensive starters. He managed to say Luis Castillo and that was it. There are a few more stories I have that ended up the same way...their fans just bug the sh*t out of me...

Way to go KC...another $500 spent to watch you lose :banghead: :shake: :cuss: :mad: :deevee:

You running around demanding that people name players wouldn't come across as confrontational at all.

If some person in the oppositions gear demanded that I name players on my favorite team in my home stadium, he would be met with a look of total bewilderment. Not because I couldn't name them, but because I would wonder who the loud mouth POS was that was asking me. For cripes sake, you are in another teams stadium. Expect to get a little ribbing. Have some thicker skin.

FWIW, the City of San Diego would like to thank you for your donation to the local economy.

Buck
12-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Okay, I just watched the TV version of the moment of silence and there was no noise? Why would you call it the moment of non silence?

Boltergeist
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
A couple of thoughts on this thread:

First, I think the Chiefs have the best home field advantage in football...bar none. Kudos for making it what it is...and I don't think there is a comparison. That being said, I remember in the 80's when Arrowhead was half full...regularly....sort of like the Royals deal with now because they weren't a consistent winner. You have the same dynamic with any team that has gone through years of losing....heck...look at Cincinnati for years in the 90's in the epicenter of footballdom. In SD you add an influx of scalpers buying tix for tons of transplanted east coasters..a huge variety of entertainment in a resort city...the threat of the team moving for years.....many losing seasons dwindling down season tix holders...and we are in a process of rebuilding the fan base. There are many die-hards in SD and the surrounding counties...I mean the team has been there for 45 years....but the competition with scalpers selling away 30% of Qualcomm's tix a year to opposing fans is tough.

Second, I was at the game last night and it was sold out...and about 90-95% Chargers fans...so I think comparing our fan base to the likes of Atlanta, Miami, Indianapolis, Jacksonville etc (who are generally very weak) is not accurate..St. Louis was the worst I've seen this year...first with the Chiefs owning their stadium...and then it seemed like the Bears had about 75% of the stadium on a MNF game. I'm not going to pretend that we have the same crowd tradition as the Chiefs or even the Donks...but we will represent the AFCW well during the playoffs. The Chargers fans get to REALLY own our stadium this time of year and it will be as loud as any other in January.

cgchief
12-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I never had any love for the Chargers. Especially now.

brent102fire
12-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Websters Dictionary:

Bandwagoner noun.
Informal An increasing numbers of adherents attracted by a cause or party.
Informal A person who follows a current trend: "He roots for that team because he is a bandwagoner.
Informal A San Diego Chargers Fan

;)

ENDelt260
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Your crazy...The Moment of Silence was absolutely Silent. I didn't hear a single person talking.

You must have a hearing impairment.