PDA

View Full Version : LJ a Complete Back?

GoTrav
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
It still seems like he can't pick up a block or catch anything out of the backfield. It makes me sad =(

I love wathing the guy play but seeing him limited makes it a bit difficult to not criticize.

TrickyNicky
12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Looks like he wants out of here to me. Definitely not giving it his full focus.

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
He's not a complete back....he has some pretty serious holes in his game.

wolfpack0735
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
why was he sitting the bench so much? your right, he has trade me all over him.

ping2000
12-17-2006, 10:37 PM
He gains 27 yards, then he goes to the sideline and takes two plays off. He also blocks like a girl. He is an immature baby.

Oh Snap
It still seems like he can't pick up a block or catch anything out of the backfield. It makes me sad =(

I love wathing the guy play but seeing him limited makes it a bit difficult to not criticize.

LJ was leading the league in total yards from scrimmage when huard was QB. Huard constantly made sure LJ got the ball. Thats called using your weapons. Something green doesnt do. Look it up yourself. Huard threw the ball to LJ more then Green does. Green just runs around like a headless turkey, mistaking the grass as the reciever.

Deberg_1990
He a hell of a runner, but yes, he needs wo work on his pass blocking and pass catching.

Its like his heads not in the game 100% at times. I dont get it???

LT showed him who was the best tonight, but to be fair, LT ran against alot softer D tonight than LJ did.

GoodDaySir!
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Herm isn't black enough for LJ. He needs a coach with a more chocolatey complexion to really be happy.

cdcox
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Ah, the weekly thread where we tear up one our our best players.

This week: LJ a complete back?

Next week: How many of Will Shields Probowls were a sham?

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Johnson only on a pace to carry the ball 400 times.....I hope someone didn't just say he doesn't get the ball enough.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Herm isn't black enough for LJ. He needs a coach with a more chocolatey complexion to really be happy.

He's pissed that Herm's wife is white, ROFL

tk13
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
LJ was leading the league in total yards from scrimmage when huard was QB. Huard constantly made sure LJ got the ball. Thats called using your weapons. Something green doesnt do. Look it up yourself. Huard threw the ball to LJ more then Green does. Green just runs around like a headless turkey, mistaking the grass as the reciever.
Actually, tonight, LJ was constantly in to pick up blitzes. Pretty hard to catch the ball when you're getting run over by a blitzer.

GoTrav
12-17-2006, 10:45 PM

It takes more from LJ than anyone to get his yards IMO. If you want, you can blame it on the line, or whatever you want, but when he can't shed a block then get into open space and catch a pass out of the backfield, I'm concerned. He's a great downfield runner but that's about all he brings to the table ATM. I like watching the guy play, so don't get me wrong, it just also seems he is somewhat limiting as well.

GoTrav
12-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Actually, tonight, LJ was constantly in to pick up blitzes. Pretty hard to catch the ball when you're getting run over by a blitzer.

Sorry, I rarely saw him pick up a blitz tonight...or I wouldn't have started this thread.

RJ
12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
If we had better receivers LJ's pass catching wouldn't be worth discussing.

He's a great player, enjoy him while he's here.

MadMax
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Looks like he wants out of here to me. Definitely not giving it his full focus.

Would you want to play for this team? :shrug:

tk13
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I rarely saw him pick up a blitz tonight...or I wouldn't have started this thread.
I didn't say he actually picked them up... I said he was kept in to pick them up. :) I was referring to the comment about dumping the ball off to him. That's also why Huard wouldn't have done squat either tonight.

What I don't understand, is sometimes LJ will take the outside guy and let someone go right down the middle. That goes all the way back to the first Denver game on the road last year... he had a problem with that, and it allowed pass rushers to come flying up the middle.

Count Alex's Losses
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't think people appreciate how awesome Larry Johnson. Our offensive line is utter dogshit. The fact that he's run behind it for 1,500 ****ing yards this year is a testament to his greatness. Watch him rape people next year when we get a couple upgrades.

TRR
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
He can't get his head around to catch a pass for shit. He drops/doesn't get his head around on a pass at least 3 times a game.

LJ has a long way to go to be considered the best back in the league.

MadMax
12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
He has an asshole calling plays and an offensive line that cant block! Oh and a quarterback that is done!

GoTrav
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't think people appreciate how awesome Larry Johnson. Our offensive line is utter dogshit. The fact that he's run behind it for 1,500 ****ing yards this year is a testament to his greatness. Watch him rape people next year when we get a couple upgrades.

I appreciate him, as most of us do, so don't turn it into that type of arguement, but I just think it's to his benefit they aren't statistically keeping track of missed blocks or dropped passes out of the backfield (which I'm sure someone could dig up the dropped pass numbers).

Crashride
12-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Well
1. His blocking has improved, from last year, but can we honestly expect him to block merriman every damn down with our sorry ass line, he did what he could.
2. He only had about 20 touches passes and runs.
3. Whenever Green throws to him its at his damn feet or behind him.