PDA

View Full Version : Lets be honest, our offense is not getting it done.

God of Thunder
12-17-2006, 09:47 PM
In the past two weeks, the ONLY touchdown we have scored is from a GIFT last week from the Ravens. The once thunderous offense now seizes to exist. There are several factors to blame here.

1. Play Calling - Never in my life have I seen such predictable play calling, NEVER. Not even in high school football. Our Offensive Coordinator Mike Solari needs to go, and I think we'll all agree, immediately.

2. Herm Edwards - Its this douchbags fault that Solari is calling this shitty-ass plays that he is.

3. Our LOVELY Recievers - They have to create ways to get open, thats their job, and they are not doing it well.

4. TRENT GREEN - I have respect for this man, I really do........BUT, I think he is not what he used to be in terms of being a reliable QB. Have you all noticed that 99% of his passes are always LOW or bouncing off the ground, there is no excuse for a ball to be that uncatchable. There is NO middle ground whatsoever. If he throws the ball to a reciever, they dont' get to run much (aside from a screen) because they catch it on the ground, if trent throws to TG, then tony has to jump 3 ft in the air to catch it, not good.

On the plus side, the season may be over, and I am certainly looking forward to baseball, but over DEFENSE has played incredible for the most part this year. (The word 'INCREDIBLE' is based off how horrendous we played last year)

So thats all I have to say. Chiefs, you let me down again. and again. and again, and then there was that linda elliot girl, who also, let me down again.

elvomito
12-17-2006, 09:49 PM
so, we aren't scoring enough points?

greg63
12-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Lets be honest, our offense is not getting it done.

Well there ya have it folks; mystery solved. :shake:

InChiefsHell
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
The O is looking bad. Shit, Trent is looking bad, and I love Trent. I don't know where we go from here, but it looks like a very uncomfortable future...for awhile anyway. And hell, we're Chiefs fans. What else is new??

God of Thunder
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
We are not scoring enough, Our defense held one of the HOTTEST teams to 20 Pts. Last year, with DV as our coach, our offense would have scored 40, and no one can attest to that. The difference, is our DEFENSE would have allowed 50.

God of Thunder
12-17-2006, 09:52 PM
hell, they scored 48 against Denver.

KcMizzou
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
It had to come back to earth eventually. I just didnt expect it to come crashing down so suddenly.

I'd hoped that while Herm improved our D, we still had a couple of years of top-notch O to look forward to.

greg63
12-17-2006, 09:58 PM
It had to come back to earth eventually. I just didnt expect it to come crashing down so suddenly.

I'd hoped that while Herm improved our D, we still had a couple of years of top-notch O to look forward to.

Same here.

Mecca
Age.....losing players, losing an OC. No gamebreakers anywhere.

The great oline masked the shitty WR's who took forever to get open by giving Green all day. Now we don't have that line so no one can get open.

God of Thunder
and I don't buy this bullshit about one guy (ROAF) causing our whole Offense to be this bad because he no longer plays.

Oucho Cinco
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
The offense we once knew is gone, never to return.

Our next step is to find Al Saunders and bring him back regardless of the cost.

We need an OC that can make use of what we have, Hermit is going to draft defense only for the next 2-3 years (at least that's what is being reported).

If I read this right we will have the best defense in the league and no offense. It doesn't look like the Chiefs will have anything to offer the offensive guys we do have anything when it's time for their contract to be renewed.

Face it folks, we are screwed big time for the next few years. Get used to sitting at home during the off season.

PastorMikH
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
What about the OL? When the DEs are in the backfield to the place where the QB will end his 7 step drop before he is you have to ask yourself, first, why are they back there so fast, and two, why are we calling a 7 step drop with that poor of protection in the first place?

This team desperately needs 2 OTs.

milkman
12-17-2006, 10:05 PM
The offense we once knew is gone, never to return.

Our next step is to find Al Saunders and bring him back regardless of the cost.

We need an OC that can make use of what we have, Hermit is going to draft defense only for the next 2-3 years (at least that's what is being reported).

If I read this right we will have the best defense in the league and no offense. It doesn't look like the Chiefs will have anything to offer the offensive guys we do have anything when it's time for their contract to be renewed.

Face it folks, we are screwed big time for the next few years. Get used to sitting at home during the off season.

Get used to it?

TrickyNicky
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM

All right, best D here we come!

We're already accustomed to sitting at home during the offseason...

jspchief
12-18-2006, 12:59 AM
The reason our play-calling is predictable is because our terrible O-line limits what we can do without getting Green killed.

I'd like to know how the entire line suddenly starts to suck with the loss of one guy. We have everyone but Roaf back now, yet we play like we have Turley, Black, and Bober in there. The middle of our line that is supposed to contain two pro-bowlers and a center that gets over-looked for the pro bowl is terrible right now.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Casey Wiegman and Will Shields have noticeably declined......Waters probably benefitted from being next to Roaf so he isn't quite what we thought he was.

Straight, No Chaser
12-18-2006, 06:20 AM

Tony G? I wouldn't deny him a move to a team that is contending, has a fresh QB and intelligent OC. He's done everything for us and now, near the possible end of a great career he's stuck in Hermanville.

--->

cookster50
12-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Thank you Herm for neutering our O.

MahiMike
12-18-2006, 06:39 AM
2 words - Al Saunders

the Talking Can
12-18-2006, 06:56 AM
you knew our offense would fall apart as soon as our D got better....

that's why we're the Chiefs

beer bacon
12-18-2006, 06:57 AM
2 words - Al Saunders

Here are some more words - 2006 Redskins offense

Chiefnj
12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
I'd like to know how the entire line suddenly starts to suck with the loss of one guy.

Me too. Especially when the OC was the offensive line coach for the last decade. You'd think he would know the strengths and weaknesses of the OL and be able to scheme around it. Whenever the Chiefs played a team with a decent pass rush they have been outcoached, outplayed, out-everythinged.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
In the past two weeks, the ONLY touchdown we have scored is from a GIFT last week from the Ravens. The once thunderous offense now seizes to exist. There are several factors to blame here.

1. Play Calling - Never in my life have I seen such predictable play calling, NEVER. Not even in high school football. Our Offensive Coordinator Mike Solari needs to go, and I think we'll all agree, immediately.

2. Herm Edwards - Its this douchbags fault that Solari is calling this shitty-ass plays that he is.

3. Our LOVELY Recievers - They have to create ways to get open, thats their job, and they are not doing it well.

4. TRENT GREEN - I have respect for this man, I really do........BUT, I think he is not what he used to be in terms of being a reliable QB. Have you all noticed that 99% of his passes are always LOW or bouncing off the ground, there is no excuse for a ball to be that uncatchable. There is NO middle ground whatsoever. If he throws the ball to a reciever, they dont' get to run much (aside from a screen) because they catch it on the ground, if trent throws to TG, then tony has to jump 3 ft in the air to catch it, not good.

On the plus side, the season may be over, and I am certainly looking forward to baseball, but over DEFENSE has played incredible for the most part this year. (The word 'INCREDIBLE' is based off how horrendous we played last year)

So thats all I have to say. Chiefs, you let me down again. and again. and again, and then there was that linda elliot girl, who also, let me down again.

Well welcome to the family. What took you so long.
:p

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Here are some more words - 2006 Redskins offense

FTR, It takes longer to build an offense than for 1 to disappear.

Our biggest hole on offense is the OL. We have know for years we arew long in the tooth. Age has caught up with us...... Tait left, we have drafted nobody to help secure the line.... just career backups.

We lose an aging Roaf, folks his play had went downhill the previous year. Will Shields is not what he use to be....... Turley was a reach. Black, Bober, Welborne are carreer backups.

Wiegman, Waters do not have that much longer to go.........

There is no mystery here folks......... It is what It is !

Straight, No Chaser
12-18-2006, 08:27 AM
FTR, It takes longer to build an offense than for 1 to disappear.

Our biggest hole on offense is the OL. We have know for years we arew long in the tooth. Age has caught up with us...... Tait left, we have drafted nobody to help secure the line.... just career backups.

We lose an aging Roaf, folks his play had went downhill the previous year. Will Shields is not what he use to be....... Turley was a reach. Black, Bober, Welborne are carreer backups.

Wiegman, Waters do not have that much longer to go.........

There is no mystery here folks......... It is what It is !

Against the Ravens & Bolts its crystal clear however, against weaker DLs we can muddle our way through a mediocre game plan and come up with a "W"

For what its worth, last night LJ looked lost trying to pick up the Chargers blitzing LB's and DL. We sure the fock miss T Rich. Even though he was getting older what do we have now? Dumb-Arse F'ing move...

--->

jspchief
12-18-2006, 09:16 AM
There's a reason we weren't addressing O-line.

What were we supposed to do? We had a pro Bowl O-line and league leading offense, and a bottom feeder defense. If we had been spending high picks on O-line depth the last few years, the fans would have been screaming bloody murder. You don't get Willie Roaf (or even John Tait for that matter) past the first round very often.

The FO was trying to fix what was broken before what was working broke. They obviously failed in that regard, but I don't think you can blame them for targeting positions other than O-line in the last few drafts.

Besides, we have tried to groom some young guys. Parquet, Sampson, Black..etc. It's not like they completely neglected the line. It's just that all these guys never panned out.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 09:18 AM
We're paying for not addressing the WR position now......the line isn't good enough to give them the 8 seconds they need to get open.

jspchief
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
We're paying for not addressing the WR position now......the line isn't good enough to give them the 8 seconds they need to get open.I think that's partially true. We don't have a receiver that can get separation, or that scares defenses.

But it's just a fraction of the problem. What we're really paying for is spending 5 years trying unsuccessfully to fix the defense. We've sunk so many draft picks and FA dollars into this pathetic D, that the offense got neglected.

What this all really boils down to is the massive hangover of repeated failed attempts to get better on defense.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Age.....losing players, losing an OC. No gamebreakers anywhere.

The great oline masked the shitty WR's who took forever to get open by giving Green all day. Now we don't have that line so no one can get open.
Don't forget that that O-line also gave Trent enough time to, overwhelmingly more often than not, figure out that the WRs were never going to get open, and flip it out to Priest in the flat, or occasionally Gonzo.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I think that's partially true. We don't have a receiver that can get separation, or that scares defenses.

But it's just a fraction of the problem. What we're really paying for is spending 5 years trying unsuccessfully to fix the defense. We've sunk so many draft picks and FA dollars into this pathetic D, that the offense got neglected.

What this all really boils down to is the massive hangover of repeated failed attempts to get better on defense.

Yep. The by-product of a one-dimensional team.

FAX
12-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Gentlemen, we are screwed, f*cked, raped in the butt, and left in a muddy ditch.

Aging veterans, overpaid acquisitions, few developed draft picks, coaches that can't coach, and a GM that can't GM. That's the recipe for years of heartache, right there.

God bless you guys. And me, too.

FAX

ChiefButthurt
12-18-2006, 09:35 AM
What REALLY pisses me off....we are analyzing this team much more than the coaches are OR it appears that we are. I've never seen such a pathetic display of football by a Chiefs team. How in the hell do we get a new coach, defensive players in free agency, nearly keep the same offensive players AND get worst? I can't wait for the playoffs so I can find a new team to root for. I do it every year, find a new team in the playoffs. Shit....Sundays and Mondays suck.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:37 AM
There's a reason we weren't addressing O-line.

What were we supposed to do? We had a pro Bowl O-line and league leading offense, and a bottom feeder defense. If we had been spending high picks on O-line depth the last few years, the fans would have been screaming bloody murder. You don't get Willie Roaf (or even John Tait for that matter) past the first round very often.

The FO was trying to fix what was broken before what was working broke. They obviously failed in that regard, but I don't think you can blame them for targeting positions other than O-line in the last few drafts.

Besides, we have tried to groom some young guys. Parquet, Sampson, Black..etc. It's not like they completely neglected the line. It's just that all these guys never panned out.

Defense was are priority, but during that time we all chimmed in that by the time our D got turned around, the offense would go downhill.......

None of those guys we were grooming were serious talent coming out of college. All were a project, which FTR we had done a good job in the past of developing within the team. Solari has always been a great OL coach..... with more prioritys, have we not addressed the OL this year as much in practices ? We have had so many injuries on the OL and the age of the vetrans have hit us hard.

FAX
12-18-2006, 09:59 AM
The Chiefs are a f*cking mess.

They are the sh*t that's left when a frog gets hit by a truck.

FAX

Straight, No Chaser
12-18-2006, 10:12 AM
We're paying for not addressing the WR position now......the line isn't good enough to give them the 8 seconds they need to get open.

8 seconds? How about a full 4? 8 seconds is long enough to pitch the biotch.

--->

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 10:16 AM
8 seconds? How about a full 4? 8 seconds is long enough to pitch the biotch.

--->

Hell last night I would of settled for Green to get set in a 3 step drop. He was rocked several times on less than 3 steps...

CoMoChief
12-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I really think Roaf would've solved most of our problems on offense.

God of Thunder
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I really think Roaf would've solved most of our problems on offense.

I don't mean this to be mean, but can you tell me your views on how you think one guy would solve all our problems'?

Chris Meck
12-18-2006, 11:08 AM
No Roaf means we slide protections to the outside to help our OT's. This leaves us vulnerable in the middle, as we saw last night.

No time to throw means Green looks bad.

We need to address the lines, DT and OT-and yes, probably a G to replace Shields this offseason.

We're not likely to find a game-breaker at WR in the middle of the first round, and even if we did, it's not likely that he'd make an impact NEXT year, so we should just look in the later rounds for a project again.

We're weak in the middle on defense up front.

Chris

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't mean this to be mean, but can you tell me your views on how you think one guy would solve all our problems'?
Because having the best player in the league at the most important position in the offense is a good thing.

Willie Roaf, Larry Allen, Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Matt Light, Marcus McNeill, anchors that determine success or failure by their presence.

The bust that is Robert Gallery is probably one of the biggest factors in the Raiders' present woes.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
IMO, right now we're paying for the shitty drafts that have left us with no talent from 2000-2002.

We have 3 players left from those 3 drafts:

Dante, Wesley and Sims.

So basically, instead of having solid young talent on either side of the ball, we whiffed. And we've had to try to bail out through FA.

Since 2000, we've drafted one solid offensive player.

And it shows, since we only have 3 good players under 30 on offense.

LJ, Bennett, Waters. (Waters turns 30 in Feb)

We have the beginnings of a solid young defense, but have gotten old in a hurry on offense.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Defense was are priority, but during that time we all chimmed in that by the time our D got turned around, the offense would go downhill.......

None of those guys we were grooming were serious talent coming out of college. All were a project, which FTR we had done a good job in the past of developing within the team. Solari has always been a great OL coach..... with more prioritys, have we not addressed the OL this year as much in practices ? We have had so many injuries on the OL and the age of the vetrans have hit us hard.

2 things give me hope:

1) Herm's draft last year, top to bottom, was FAR better than what we're used to from Vermeil.

2) In the early 90's when Herm was a scout here, the Chiefs had some of the best OL drafts in HISTORY. We drafted more than one guy that went on to be perennial pro-bowlers for other teams because the guys we drafted for us were so good.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
2 things give me hope:

1) Herm's draft last year, top to bottom, was FAR better than what we're used to from Vermeil.

2) In the early 90's when Herm was a scout here, the Chiefs had some of the best OL drafts in HISTORY. We drafted more than one guy that went on to be perennial pro-bowlers for other teams because the guys we drafted for us were so good.

Will we have alot of cap space this year? There are probably 8 maybe 10 starters that need to be replaced by next year. So would it be possible to dump enough of this dead wieght to replace that many through the draft and free agency?

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Because having the best player in the league at the most important position in the offense is a good thing.

Willie Roaf, Larry Allen, Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Matt Light, Marcus McNeill, anchors that determine success or failure by their presence.

The bust that is Robert Gallery is probably one of the biggest factors in the Raiders' present woes.

Robert Gallery is a bust because of the Raiders, not the other way around.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Will we have alot of cap space this year? There are probably 8 maybe 10 starters that need to be replaced by next year. So would it be possible to dump enough of this dead wieght to replace that many through the draft and free agency?

1) I think the cap is a crutch. If Clark wants to open the checkbook, we can dole out the necessary signing bonuses and still get under the cap.

2) If there's one thing Carl has actually been good at, it's managing the cap. They always seem to sign players (even if they SUCK :D) when they want to.

3) Not to pull a Packfan, but I'm really sick of trying to build through free agency. I'd really like to see a youth movement with this team.

Chiefnj
12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
2 things give me hope:

You are giving Herm a lot of credit. He was a DB scout in 90 and 91, but I can't think of any decent DB's drafted during those years.

In 1995 he was the Chiefs pro personnel scout. Yes, that very same 1995 draft that brought us ...[hold your breath].... Trezzelle Jenkins.

tk13
12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
You are giving Herm a lot of credit. He was a DB scout in 90 and 91, but I can't think of any decent DB's drafted during those years.

In 1995 he was the Chiefs pro personnel scout. Yes, that very same 1995 draft that brought us ...[hold your breath].... Trezzelle Jenkins.
Supposedly Herm was behind drafting Dale Carter.

We need to fix the O-line before we do anything. We could've had Marvin Harrison out there last night and it wouldn't have done much good at times. Trent literally got sacked once on a three step drop. Guys were just running free. Then we had blocking, like that one play where Shaun Phillips ran through three guys, that was embarrassing.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 01:52 PM

Herm was a member of the scouting department in 1990 and 91. He may not have had specific responsibilities for offensive linemen, but he worked closely with people that did.

And he was the pro personnel scout in 1994 IIRC. He was re-assigned in 1995, which eventually led to his split with Schottenheimer.

Redrum_69
12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Threads like this one arent getting it done either...

We should cut this poster after this season, maybe we'll get lucky in next years draft...

DaWolf
12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I haven't been impressed with the play calling, but honestly what did you expect with A) The state of our OL, and B) The caliber of the two defenses we just faced?