PDA

View Full Version : Seriously people....Get a grip......

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm disappointed too...but did anyone REALLY think this team had the ability to make the playoffs this year? I surely didn't. I think I picked them to go 8-8 or 9-7.

There are way too many holes on this team to be competitive/consistent week in, week out.

2 offensive tackles who are average at their natural positions - Guard.

Pro Bowl Fullback? Gone.

Pro Bowl LT? Gone.

2 stud D ends, who get zero help from the middle.

One very good, soon to be great outside LB. One very average MLB. One absolutely freaking horrible OLB.

2 average safeties.

Special teams have disappeared.

I expected the offense to take a step or two back due to the loss of T-Rich and Roaf, as well as Solari being a 1st year OC.

When I look at this Defense.....I have no idea how in the hell they're ranked 13th. Hate him or not, you have to give Herm credit here.

Imagine this team with last year's defense.

To the Herm bashers:

Make a decision. Herm's gonna be here for at LEAST 2 more years. If you don't like it, find someone else to root for. He's not going to be fired after one season. Period. The fact that we're even a .500 team with the adversity we've face is freaking amazing.

To the Trent bashers:

Trust me, I appreciate what Huard has done to keep us afloat this year. But to say that Trent is costing us games, and that Huard would have done better is ridiculous.

Trent came back to beat two division rivals, ranked 6th and 13 in Total Defense. Lost to Cleveland while throwing for 4 TD's...not exactly his fault. Lost to the #1 ranked defense by 10 and the 7th ranked defense tonight by 11.

Meanwhile, Huard was beating the likes of Seattle, (17, minus Alexander/Hasslebeck) SF, (22) STL, (23) and Arizona (31) His one win against a decent defense was against the Chargers, and it could be argued that the defense had a huge hand in that win by creating 3 turnovers in the first half.

Oh yeah, and he lost to Miami (2) and Pittsburgh (9)

The bottom line is that this team isn't as good as a lot of us seem to think it is, or want it to be. SD, as an example, had to endure (IIRC) seasons of 1-15, 4-12, 8-8 and 6-10 to truly rebuild that team, as well as fleece the Giants in the Rivers/Manning deal.

There are too many holes to fill overnight, and it's not gonna happen any faster drafting around #20 every year. You can root for someone else, or you can give Herm time to cut dead weight (Sims, Wesley, Bell) and rebuild this team.

I personally am sticking around......

KC_Connection
12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Solid post.

blueballs
12-17-2006, 10:11 PM
what and miss a golden opportunity to pout like a child
you get a grip

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
you get a grip

ROFL

Stinger
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
you get a grip

Really how dare you post something with a postive slant. There are rants to made!! Damnit Carl!!!!!!!:cuss:

blueballs
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
90+% of posts this week is how we are going to be humiliated in SD
the game was never completely out of hand
but damn that's not important

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Really how dare you post something with a postive slant. There are rants to made!! Damnit Carl!!!!!!!:cuss:

Yeah, I figured this thread wouldn't get much attention.

It's so much easier to just bitch and moan.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Ive been a Chiefs fan for about 26 years or so...

I honestly can say im tired of it. I still love the team and always will, but this is one of the low points ive ever been at with them. At times i feel like im just wasting my time with them.

IM just tired of Carl Peterson mostly. Im ready for some real change.

suds79
12-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah great post.

You know what's getting old for me?

I'm getting real sick and tired of always being 8-8 and just missing the playoffs.

Yes a 3-13 season would be hell but what's the difference? Either way we're not going to the playoffs.

IMO we're losing because we just don't have the horses.

Now I know that just because you're drafting 1-5 doesn't mean you're getting a future HOFer on your team but that's a risk I'd just like us to see take just once on the chance we get the next Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer or Julius Peppers.

What else do we have to lose? Our current system isn't working.

Am I saying purposely tank? No. I'm just saying if we're not going to make the playoffs, I wouldn't mind seeing us just barely miss it for once.

Stinger
12-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I figured this thread wouldn't get much attention.

It's so much easier to just bitch and moan.

Yeah but you got to admit some of the bitching and moaning is comedy gold. :)

GoTrav
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
you get a grip

blueballs
IV

To the OP, above name just about sums it up, sorry if people are frustrated.

dirk digler
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm disappointed too...but did anyone REALLY think this team had the ability to make the playoffs this year? I surely didn't.

I expected them too because that is basically what Carl sold us when he hired Herm. This team was 10-6 last year and if you think about 2 stupid games where we had the win we should have been at least 11-5 or 12-4.

Toad
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Good post, but may I suggest staying away from the condescending post subject (i.e. "Get a grip" comment). Juat a thought.

You get more flies with honey...

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah great post.

You know what's getting old for me?

I'm getting real sick and tired of always being 8-8 and just missing the playoffs.

Yes a 3-13 season would be hell but what's the difference? Either way we're not going to the playoffs.

IMO we're losing because we just don't have the horses.

Now I know that just because you're drafting 1-5 doesn't mean you're getting a future HOFer on your team but that's a risk I'd just like us to see take just once on the chance we get the next Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer or Julius Peppers.

What else do we have to lose? Our current system isn't working.

Am I saying purposely tank? No. I'm just saying if we're not going to make the playoffs, I wouldn't mind seeing us just barely miss it for once.

See, that's the problem. Missing the playoffs once and drafting 1-15 helps once. We're WAY more than one player away. People here bitch and moan about 10-6, 9-7. What do you think would happen with 4-5 straight losing seasons?

People here want to have their cake (or pie) and eat it too.......

blueballs
12-17-2006, 10:29 PM
suck like the Chargers for a decade then hire Marty for your Head Coach
oh wait

morphius
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
See, that's the problem. Missing the playoffs once and drafting 1-15 helps once. We're WAY more than one player away. People here bitch and moan about 10-6, 9-7. What do you think would happen with 4-5 straight losing seasons?

Yeah, I really don't want the Chiefs just to suck so that we can draft a few horrible players till we finally get lucky to draft two good ones, when we already have the 2nd best RB in the league.

The problem is that we got on our little winning streak and we got spoiled thinking we had a chance to compete in the playoff's.

Of course I can't imagine that next year will be any better when we lose Shields.

Guru
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Outstanding post!!!!

suds79
12-17-2006, 10:37 PM

Yeah people would p!ss and moan. How's that any different from now?

I'm just willing to try anything different.

StcChief
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Some how some way the draft picks have to start developing into good players. Pollard/Page
Hali Mitchell DJ

The offense beside LJ Gonzo.....

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I really don't want the Chiefs just to suck so that we can draft a few horrible players till we finally get lucky to draft two good ones, when we already have the 2nd best RB in the league.

The problem is that we got on our little winning streak and we got spoiled thinking we had a chance to compete in the playoff's.

Of course I can't imagine that next year will be any better when we lose Shields.

Spot on, Jeff.

"Spoiled" is a good word for it.

Had I come to anyone on this board after Draft weekend and said:

"Roaf's gonna retire, Welbourne's suspended for the first 6, Kyle Turley and Black are gonna play tackle, Waters misses several games, as does DJ and Trent gets his block knocked off in the opener and misses half the season......

"And we'll still have a shot at the playoffs....."

They would have said I was ****ing nuts.

Guru
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM

They still will. And you are. But that is for another thread.
ROFL

morphius
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Spot on, Jeff.

"Spoiled" is a good word for it.

Had I come to anyone on this board after Draft weekend and said:

"Roaf's gonna retire, Welbourne's suspended for the first 6, Kyle Turley and Black are gonna play tackle, Waters misses several games, as does DJ and Trent gets his block knocked off in the opener and misses half the season......

"And we'll still have a shot at the playoffs....."

Toss in a new HC, and OC who has never called plays...

jidar
12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Ive been a Chiefs fan for about 26 years or so...

I honestly can say im tired of it. I still love the team and always will, but this is one of the low points ive ever been at with them. At times i feel like im just wasting my time with them.

IM just tired of Carl Peterson mostly. Im ready for some real change.

then what are you going to ****ing whine about all the time you god damned woman?

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Toss in a new HC, and OC who has never called plays...

Now that they have a year under their belts, I fully expect this team to go 14-2 and win the AFC next year......
:rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for the reminder about Shields retiring. Maybe we'll lose Gonzo too......

morphius
12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Now that they have a year under their belts, I fully expect this team to go 14-2 and win the AFC next year......
:rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for the reminder about Shields retiring. Maybe we'll lose Gonzo too......
Actually, the quote from Carl is that, "Tony isn't going anywhere.". Even said we would use the franchise tag on him, and he is still working with his guys on the deal.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Good post, but may I suggest staying away from the condescending post subject (i.e. "Get a grip" comment). Juat a thought.

You get more flies with honey...
You don't come here very often, do you?

Oh Snap
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
with huard in i thought this team had the chance.

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually, the quote from Carl is that, "Tony isn't going anywhere.". Even said we would use the franchise tag on him, and he is still working with his guys on the deal.

I know, but the doom and gloom is wearing on me........

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Outstanding post!!!!
Eh, not really. It's only two words, but I'll give you credit for spelling and the extra emphasis from the 4 exclamation marks.

morphius
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
I know, but the doom and gloom is wearing on me........
Actually, I sometimes enjoy the doom and gloom people, they are good at reminding me that it isn't as bad as I think it is, and normally actually make me feel better.

1 DT and we could have a decent D for a few years. Get a team of OL together that can stay healthy (and keep Welborne away from the supplements) and I think we could do OK fairly quickly. Toss in a WR and it could be even faster.

OnTheWarpath58
12-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Actually, I sometimes enjoy the doom and gloom people, they are good at reminding me that it isn't as bad as I think it is, and normally actually make me feel better.

1 DT and we could have a decent D for a few years. Get a team of OL together that can stay healthy (and keep Welborne away from the supplements) and I think we could do OK fairly quickly. Toss in a WR and it could be even faster.

Yep.

Whether people like it or not, the defense is going to be the sole bright spot for this team for several years.

A good DT, and OLB and a young corner, we'll be good for quite a while.

The offense, however, has aged quickly.

We have 3 good players under the age of 30. And 2 of them are RB's.....

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Bump....flame away....

|Zach|
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Drama queens...

Some people are putting themselves on the cross for supporting this team.

If you are sick of it? Thats understandable. Not for you anymore? Also, understandable.

Thee just seem to be this whole group of people that like to sit and talk about how they are not going to support this team...over. and over. and over. and over. and over.

Some people just wake up to hear themselves bitching. You would think one would value their own time more.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Drama queens...

If you are sick of it? Thats understandable. Not for you anymore? Also, understandable.

Thee just seem to be this whole group of people that like to sit and talk about how they are not going to support this team...over. and over. and over. and over. and over.

Some people just wake up to hear themselves bitching. You would think one would value their own time more.

Agreed.

Shit or get off the pot. It's like the woman who gets married and puts on some weight. Will she get off her ass, get to the gym and lose it? Nope, she'll sit there and bitch about the closet full of clothes she can't wear anymore........

If you're sick and tired of rooting for this team, then don't.

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
I've been like a teapot, slowly stewing.....last night, the block punt fiasco and the ensueing 85yd TD run blew my cork.

I need to be pissed off today.

I didn't really expect a W and I don't think the Loss itself is what has me so pissed off....and for some reason, I'm more angry today with the Chiefs than I have been. I wasn't surprised by the Cleveland fiasco, because thats what my bad girlfriend does.....

I'm also done with the asswipe trolls who just located their sandy eggo fans handbook and decided to drop in to talk shit today. I didn't hate them at all prior to say....day before yesterday, other than a couple of their real turds.

Just give me a wide swath today.....and Eff you.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Drama queens...

Crack

Whore

Daughter

Hate and Love, all at the same time. And she's been puffing BOTH pipes full steam ahead for the past few weeks.

Heck, Mama Purify stood by and let Gator kill the good Reverend and take their stuff 'cause he was her 'little boy.'

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
I've been like a teapot, slowly stewing.....last night, the block punt fiasco and the ensueing 85yd TD run blew my cork.

I didn't really expect a W and I don't think the Loss itself is what has me so pissed off....and for some reason, I'm more angry today with the Chiefs than I have been. I wasn't surprised by the Cleveland fiasco, because thats what my bad girlfriend does.....

I'm also done with the asswipe trolls who just located their sandy eggo fans handbook and decided to drop in to talk shit today. I didn't hate them at all prior to say....day before yesterday, other than a couple of their real turds.

Sooo, you cork your teapot?

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't know.....I know a couple of years of frustration came to a head, and I'm glad couch pillows were the only objects within reach and there weren't impressionable people around.

First time I've physically thrown anything in years.....

oh....and eff you.

My bad girlfriend is a whooooor. blows the doorman in clevleand, gets a train run on her by the Balt D last week.....and seeing her Airtight on National Tv just isn't working for me today.

I'm mad at the bidge.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know.....I know a couple of years of frustration came to a head, and I'm glad couch pillows were the only objects within reach and there weren't impressionable people around.

First time I've physically thrown anything in years.....

oh....and eff you.
You're the Iowanian, eff ewe. :p

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Let me clear something up, just in case.

When I posted this thread I figured most, if not all would realize if it applied to them or not.

It was geared more for the retards who seem to have very limited football knowledge, and are bitching just for the sake of bitching. You know, the people who have <500 posts who just come here to whine on gameday. And the regulars that are unrealistic and expect us to be the GD Steelers of the '70, 49er's of the '80, etc.

Sorry if I offended you, Iowanian. You're not the type I was aiming for here.

Now, if you want to go on a tirade about Huard>Green......
:p

FAX
12-18-2006, 03:43 PM

Swath away, Mr. Iowanian. But be careful. Mr. Fire Me Boy! will want to replace you with the new and improved Mr. Iowanian 3000.

Nevertheless, a big, steaming amen to the sentiment. I don't expect miracles from a new head coach, but was our big Willie and our kidney worth two wins? Or three? Considering, of course, all the "improvements" to our defense?

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Swath away, Mr. Iowanian. But be careful. Mr. Fire Me Boy! will want to replace you with the new and improved Mr. Iowanian 3000.

Nevertheless, a big, steaming amen to the sentiment. I don't expect miracles from a new head coach, but was our big Willie and our kidney worth two wins? Or three? Considering, of course, all the "improvements" to our defense?

FAX

Mr. FAX:

I know it seems asinine to think that losing Roaf is responsible for the decline, but when you consider:

Take Roaf and replace with Black, Sampson and Turley. Serious downgrade.

Now, keep moving these guys around, playing different sides. this screws with the continuity of the line, and is going to hamper the play of Waters and Shields. Neither of which looked like their normal Pro-Bowl selves....

Add a 1st year OC, with erratic playcalling/gameplanning, and that adds up to a big decline, IMO.

Herm might have inherited a 10-6 team, but I'm sorry, it wasn't a good 10-6 team. It was the mirror image of this year's team. So they scored a lot of points....they couldn't stop anybody. This year, we've jumped into the Top 15, but the offense nosedived.

I just think that Herm deserves a little time to create some balance, and hopefully, with his draft input instead of DV's, start to rebuild this team instead of pissing away year after year (2000-2003) of draft picks. It's finally caught up to us.

Dark Horse
12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I think last nights game was the first one I ever lost my voice on while sitting at home watching on tv.

FAX
12-18-2006, 04:35 PM
... Herm might have inherited a 10-6 team, but I'm sorry, it wasn't a good 10-6 team. It was the mirror image of this year's team. So they scored a lot of points....they couldn't stop anybody. This year, we've jumped into the Top 15, but the offense nosedived.

I just think that Herm deserves a little time to create some balance, and hopefully, with his draft input instead of DV's, start to rebuild this team instead of pissing away year after year (2000-2003) of draft picks. It's finally caught up to us.

You make a good argument on behalf of Herm and in explaining our issues this season, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. For what it's worth, if you were to review my views on the subject of our big Willie and our kidney, you would discover that I was extremely concerned about these losses to our squad. Not that it matters, of course. But, I am confident that my awareness of the impact the o-line changes have had on our team remains fairly acute.

Nonetheless, there's rebuilding, then there's "rebuilding". Given the "improvements" to our defense we were told to expect and the extremely favorable schedule we had this year, our record so far is little more than laughable by any reasonable standard of measure. Herm will get what Herm "deserves". Personally, I'd like to see the fans get what they deserve before Jesus returns.

I've suffered through threee - count 'em - three decades of this nonsense and I'll sign up for three more. But do I have to like it?

I say tear down this wall, Mr. Peterson.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
You make a good argument on behalf of Herm and in explaining our issues this season, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. For what it's worth, if you were to review my views on the subject of our big Willie and our kidney, you would discover that I was extremely concerned about these losses to our squad. Not that it matters, of course. But, I am confident that my awareness of the impact the o-line changes have had on our team remains fairly acute.

Nonetheless, there's rebuilding, then there's "rebuilding". Given the "improvements" to our defense we were told to expect and the extremely favorable schedule we had this year, our record so far is little more than laughable by any reasonable standard of measure. Herm will get what Herm "deserves". Personally, I'd like to see the fans get what they deserve before Jesus returns.

I've suffered through threee - count 'em - three decades of this nonsense and I'll sign up for three more. But do I have to like it?

I say tear down these walls, Mr. Peterson.

FAX

I understand. And I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

I'm not defending Herm, because God knows I've spent my fair share of time pissed off at decisions of his this year. I just figure the man is going to be here for the next 2-3 years no matter what, so I might as well give him a chance to turn this thing around.

macdawg
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
"You can root for someone else, or you can give Herm time to cut dead weight (Sims, Wesley, Bell) and rebuild this team."

But your missing the one of the biggest liabilities against his teams salary cap in the entire NFL. Eric Hicks I've heard is taking up 4.4 mil on the salary cap to ride the bench. Instead of having 4.4 mil on the bench you should have an impact player. Name one elite team with a guy making 4.4 mil sitting on the bench. Wisely managing your team within the salary cap might be the most important thing to building a team, which we clearly need to do, our team is old.

Hence, to wisely manage the salary cap you have to get players who can/will perform above their cap hit, which of course you build through the draft, not free agency, simply a free agent is a free agent because he is asking for more money than he is worth.