PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walker debut

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 07:13 AM
15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 fouls (1 intentional, MCMW) I know, not very impressive. After he has more than 1 day of practice under his belt, I see him improving.

Here is a video highlight!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7K09krOegG4

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Yay!

Congratulations to the 3 K-State fans out there!!!!

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey, there are at least 4 of us.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey, there are at least 4 of us.

:)

That was fun watching him play. I'll be there Tuesday night as well.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Saul, did the rooster dude shave his head or does he still sport that mohawk??

That was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed in college basketball...

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey Saul, did the rooster dude shave his head or does he still sport that mohawk??

Apparently, you weren't around to witness the 70's ;)

DJay23
12-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Or the 90's...

Or the 00's...

Wait, I'll save you typing your comeback (ahem)

Oh yeah, well KU lost in the first round of the tournament the last 2 years in a row!

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 09:48 AM

Nope sorry I am not that OLD.....

I just asked if he shaved it or not. I thought it was funny....

Dont be so defensive.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 09:49 AM

Funnier than Huggins 3 piece purple suit, or funnier than Ron Princes cowboy hat?

KU fans are the fashion police of college basketball. That's thuper! Queer eyes for the roundball guys.

DJay23
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Hmm, seems i misinterpreted Chitown's post. I thought he was making comment on K-State Basketball in the 70's not hair trends of the 70's. oh well, I still hate you all.

DJay23
12-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Funnier than Huggins 3 piece purple suit, or funnier than Ron Princes cowboy hat?

KU fans are the fashion police of college basketball. That's thuper! Queer eyes for the roundball guys.
You're the ones wearing purple, not us.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Hmm, seems i misinterpreted Chitown's post. I thought he was making comment on K-State Basketball in the 70's not hair trends of the 70's. oh well, I still hate you all.
Must have been. I, like you, were not around in the 70's. I've seen pictures, though. KSU basketball was actually good in the 70's.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 09:53 AM
You are the guys that have the man-dancer. Not us. :)

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/Smileys/ksufans/lame.gif

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 10:24 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

I just asked if the dude has a mohawk still. I dont watch KSU basketball, They are not on ESPN Full Court very often, if any.

So I thought since you watched the game, I would ask if the dude still has the mohawk...

I have no Idea what you mean by fashion police or queers.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Nope sorry I am not that OLD.....

I just asked if he shaved it or not. I thought it was funny....

Dont be so defensive.

LOL

I wasn't being defensive at all. I was referencing the 70's hairstyles (long do's and big afros that were on the court). Wow, how did you KU folk get so bent out of shape (you and DJ23)?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 10:57 AM
LOL

I wasn't being defensive at all. I was referencing the 70's hairstyles (long do's and big afros that were on the court). Wow, how did you KU folk get so bent out of shape (you and DJ23)?

I guess 2 first round losses have the majority of us strung pretty tight right now. LOL!

Its all good..

leviw
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Athletically, Walker did three or four things yesterday that I haven't seen in three years around this team.

He has no clue what's going on in the offense. He's out of shape. And he still put up those kinds of numbers in his first game since July 31.

He's impressive.

DJay23
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL

I didn't get bent out of shape. I wanted to make fun of K-State basketball and it's long running tradition of suckitude.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Athletically, Walker did three or four things yesterday that I haven't seen in three years around this team.

He has no clue what's going on in the offense. He's out of shape. And he still put up those kinds of numbers in his first game since July 31.

He's impressive.

I felt the same way. Wait till he gets his basketball legs under him. BY this time in January, I'll bet we're a pretty fun team to watch.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Yay!

Congratulations to the 3 K-State fans out there!!!!

Wow! A hootie sighting where he's not actually fellating Damon Huard. Who knew?

leviw
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I felt the same way. Wait till he gets his basketball legs under him. BY this time in January, I'll bet we're a pretty fun team to watch.

It will be interesting to see how the other players accept him.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Poor Djay... All that angst. Like the whole of the Jhawk nation, he's still pining for his lost Roy.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM

Interesting dynamic. I guess they better accept him. He's Huggs' first recruit. Obviously, somebody is going to lose some minutes with Walker playing.

That can only be addition by subtraction.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 12:01 PM
I didn't get bent out of shape. I wanted to make fun of K-State basketball and it's long running tradition of suckitude.

Sure you were (bent out of shape), but that's ok. I'm familiar with your inability to add value to any thread.......

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM

I may wear purple, but people, please...

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
When's the last time someone made a reverse layup like that in Manhattan? How about that jumper from nearly behind the backboard?

If our guards could learn to throw an alley-oop, there would have been a couple more of those.

He is not out of shape, he is not out of game shape, but he is out of "Huggins shape". He took some plays off on defense.

Check out J-Marts post on ksufans. Spot on.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Lance better know his role.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Lance better know his role.

That's the guy, imo, that will lose significant minutes once Walker starts.

Young
Walker
Martin
Hoskins
Bennett

Not a lot of outside shooting, but it works fine if we can get penetration. I think Lance will spell Martin more than Walker. Walker just slides down to the 3, and the rest stay the same. Or, Bennett comes out and we go smaller with Martin playing the 5. That would actually be a very fast, athletic lineup.....

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I just read that Lance may have an attitude. That's great, maybe it will push him to be more of a consistent scorer knowing that Walker is behind him..or in front of him.

I see Walker starting by the Xavier game, in front of his hometown crowd.

Walker is just an absolutely sick talent. It will be fun watching him for the next year and a half, and later on in the league. Just think what he will do with Beasley by his side..my god.

DJay23
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Sure you were (bent out of shape), but that's ok. I'm familiar with your inability to add value to any thread.......
I love how you boners have always acted like you know all the answers, yet I'm not sure I've ever seen you say anything that is correct or true.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I just read that Lance may have an attitude. That's great, maybe it will push him to be more of a consistent scorer knowing that Walker is behind him..or in front of him.

I see Walker starting by the Xavier game, in front of his hometown crowd.

Walker is just an absolutely sick talent. It will be fun watching him for the next year and a half, and later on in the league. Just think what he will do with Beasley by his side..my god.

Yep

2 other HS kids you should be getting excited about:
Jacob Pullen and Dominique Sutton

Pullen is quicker than hell and can absolutely D up. He'll be pushing Young for his job from the get-go.

Sutton is a slashing offensive player who might come in and be our best defender off the bat. He's 6-4 and can absolutely get after it on both ends. He's not a great shooter, but he's a fantastic athlete.

Add those two with Beasely and Walker, along with Hoskins, Bennett and Colon.......that's a pretty nice team.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I love how you boners have always acted like you know all the answers, yet I'm not sure I've ever seen you say anything that is correct or true.

such as?

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Read this quote on Jacob Pullen:

the first (3) pointer Jacob Pullen hit over Kellen Thornton, he threw up gang signs.

Awesome.

DJay23
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
such as?
90% of what either of you claim to know about basketball.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 02:07 PM

Excellent. Specifics would be great, but I understand if you are just talking out of your a$$....as usual.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh, please educate us. We are dying to hear what you have to teach us about the game, Naismith Jr.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM

[crickets]

leviw
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
J-Mart brought out a good point on KSUfans about some of the fans in Bramlage not understanding what they're watching in Bill Walker.

But it's not limited to K-State fans. Bill Walker is the best college basketball player in the state of Kansas. You can argue that all you want, but his play will prove my point for me over the next three months. I understand a lot of you --listening KU fans?-- haven't had a chance to watch him yet, but you will...soon. He's a once-in-a-lifetime player, not just a five-star recruit.

Obviously how K-State does with him in the next X years, depending on how long he stays, will depend on the other four guys on the court and how they play alongside him. But his play alone will speak for itself.

With the recruiting class coming in next year, namely Beasley, the talent is scary. Two lottery picks on one team, without question, next season.

All of you know where I stand on the KU/K-State thing. I think it's stupid to say, as a KU fan, you want to see the rivalry back. No you don't. And I'm not saying it will be back. KU may win the next 33 in a row...but don't be ignorant and make yourself look stupid about players like Walker and Beasley.

Seriously, it might be best to buy tickets so you can tell your kids, grand kids and great-grand kids one day that you got to watch them play when they were at K-State.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Give it up levi. A person can't possibly know anything about CBB unless he's a fan of KU. Ask Djay.

Saulbadguy
12-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Spot on. I don't even comprehend his talent yet. I can't wait until tonight. I don't remember a time that i've thought of my ticket being more valuable than it is now. It's a totally new ball game.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Walker will probably have a few issues considering he's played almost every game of his high school time with O.J. Mayo who's a better PG than anything KSU has by a huge margin so obviously there will be some adjustment not playing with a great point now.

Saulbadguy
12-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Walker will probably have a few issues considering he's played almost every game of his high school time with O.J. Mayo who's a better PG than anything KSU has by a huge margin so obviously there will be some adjustment not playing with a great point now.
He's proven in HS and AAU that he plays just fine without OJ. I don't think that is an issue.

The other things of course are an issue, he has to get adjusted to the college game, and Huggins game style. He's gotta play defense.

However, as Huggins pointed out, he's able to compensate for his mistakes with his athleticism.

ChiTown
12-19-2006, 07:37 AM

Not true.

Walker is a player that can shine with anyone, and on any team. I watched this kid play this Summer, and he was an absolutely amazing specimen on the court. The ONLY thing holding him back is more confidence in his jumper. Once he gets that, there's no limit to the kids potential.

Watching his videos are impressive. Seeing him in person is...........well, breath-taking.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/3651-1/KansasStat_Aiken_11913497_Max.jpg