PDA

View Full Version : LJ's pass blocking...

penguinz
12-18-2006, 06:22 AM
has improved quite a bit.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 06:23 AM
No it hasn't.

No one blocks for Trent Green.

Trent Green is God but the offensive line and Dunn/Gonzalez/LJ all blocked better for Huard because Huard is atheist and they hate that stupid christian Trent Green.

It's quite simple.

Jordan Black worships satan, and doesn't appreciate Trent Green's lust for religion.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm tired of seeing him on the side lines after a long run as well. One play I can understand, but after his long run last night, he stayed on the sideline while Derrick Ross and the offense went three and out. There's no room for pussies on this team.

the Talking Can
12-18-2006, 06:58 AM
his blocking was half-assed most of the night...I was kind of embarrassed watching him....he doesn't put any heart into it....

InChiefsHell
12-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Was it Ross or Dee Brown? After Bennet went down, Dee Brown stepped in I thought...

...not that it really matters.

Phobia
12-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I saw Dee Brown attempt a block and get blasted about 3 yards backwards by a LB. It was ugly.

BigRedChief
12-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I saw Dee Brown attempt a block and get blasted about 3 yards backwards by a LB. It was ugly. LJ is a tough guy and gets after it when he's got the rock in his hands but the this team is soft. Not a finesse team. They are soft.

HonestChieffan
12-18-2006, 07:11 AM
LJ almost got Trent decapitated. What are you talking about Improved?

What you saw if you were not a pure Homer last night was LT on one side and LJ on the other. LT can catch. LJ can't, LT is a blocker and a damn good one..LJ wont , he is a sorry and sad excuse for a "Team" player. LT is all around productive intuitive and a gamer.

Lets face facts. LJ is short term in KC and probably thats for the best. he is a one way street. Out of here...He has his attitude and he has his Thug image to work on.

Last night we saw the difference when a great talent has a great attitude and a real person compared to the spoiled jerk attitude of great talent with no direction.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:12 AM

What you saw if you were not a pure Homer last night was LT on one side and LJ on the other. LT can catch. LJ can't, LT is a blocker and a damn good one..LJ wont , he is a sorry and sad excuse for a "Team" player. LT is all around productive intuitive and a gamer.

Lets face facts. LJ is short term in KC and probably thats for the best. he is a one way street. Out of here...He has his attitude and he has his Thug image to work on.

Last night we saw the difference when a great talent has a great attitude and a real person compared to the spoiled jerk attitude of great talent with no direction.
you're an idiot...

I saw LJ make several good blocks.

Team player?! He ****ing runs the ball 30 times a game and never gets injured...

Won't block?! That's bullshit.

I ****ing hate you guys.

HonestChieffan
12-18-2006, 07:18 AM
I was shocked to see you say that about me till I saw you posted it.

Hope you wear your tinfoil hat to class this week. Remember the visitors are here. Beware.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Was it Ross or Dee Brown? After Bennet went down, Dee Brown stepped in I thought...

...not that it really matters.
Yeah, Dee Brown. Either way, LJ is a puss for not being in there.

What's funny is they kept doing those spots with Jim Brown, about what makes a great running back besides just running the ball. Everything he mentioned; blocking, pass catching, being a decoy...etc., LJ is none of them. Sad, really...

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah, Dee Brown. Either way, LJ is a puss for not being in there.

What's funny is they kept doing those spots with Jim Brown, about what makes a great running back besides just running the ball. Everything he mentioned; blocking, pass catching, being a decoy...etc., LJ is none of them. Sad, really...
so when he gets 35 carries we all bitch about him not being able to play longer than 3 years...

Then when he gets spelled we all bitch that he's not in the game.

GET!
A!
CLUUUUUE!

YAY!

PastorMikH
12-18-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm tired of seeing him on the side lines after a long run as well. One play I can understand, but after his long run last night, he stayed on the sideline while Derrick Ross and the offense went three and out. There's no room for pussies on this team.

Yep. I was sitting there thinking, it was only 20 yards LJ, WRs run that far on every play and don't get the ball. They line back up without a 3 down break.

At that point in the game it was completely innexcusable for supposedly our best player being on the sidelines with anything short of a ACL injury.

ChiefsLV
12-18-2006, 07:34 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Judging by the number of responses to your posts, it looks like I may be the only one who doesn't have you on ignore yet. I always was a procrastinator.

PastorMikH
12-18-2006, 07:35 AM
so when he gets 35 carries we all about him not being able to play longer than 3 years...

Then when he gets spelled we all that he's not in the game.

GET!
A!
CLUUUUUE!

YAY!

Look at the bright side. He may be getting 35 carries a game, but with him taking the series off and Dee Brown spelling him like last night, he won't have those pesky post season game carries to worry about.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 07:36 AM
so when he gets 35 carries we all bitch about him not being able to play longer than 3 years...

Then when he gets spelled we all bitch that he's not in the game.

GET!
A!
CLUUUUUE!

YAY!
You're a dumbfuq of epic proportions.

Do us all a favor and PLEASE find another board to post on.

Go here for a start...

www.nepachiefs.com (http://www.nepachiefs.com)

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 07:37 AM
LJ blocks?

:hmmm: Musta missed that "one"............

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Look at the bright side. He may be getting 35 carries a game, but with him taking the series off and Dee Brown spelling him like last night, he won't have those pesky post season game carries to worry about.
you really think he took himself out of the game?! You think Herm was like, "hey LJ, we really need you in the game right now..." and LJ was like "no Herm, sorry, I'm tired."

You really think that's how it went down?

Christ.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:40 AM
hahahahaha, sorry Dartgod, didn't mean to prove you to be such a dumbass.

Ask Mecca...LJ is on pace for SOOOO many carries he has about one more year before he loses a leg.

But he's not allowed to be spelled or he's a pussy/not a team player.

LMAO!

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 07:42 AM
you really think he took himself out of the game?! You think Herm was like, "hey LJ, we really need you in the game right now..." and LJ was like "no Herm, sorry, I'm tired."

Christ.
Do you really think Herm wanted Dee Brown in there when the season was on the line? Do you really think that's how it went down?

Bwana
12-18-2006, 07:45 AM
No doubt Mike. He has always done that and it drives me crazy. I have also seen him have a one then a two yard run followed by sprinting to the sidelines for a rest. I can't remember the exact games, but there
have also been several times where he has left the field in critical situations and Bennet, or Dee Brown came in only to be toasted. LJ is made up of about 50% greatness with toughness and 50% heartless puss. If you're that tired LJ, suck it up and do a little stair work during the week to build up your damn wind. :shake: Oh, and his pass blocking is a joke.

FringeNC
12-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Funny, last night during the game I was about to start a thread that LJ's pass-blocking is awful. It's so bad that it's hard to have LJ in there during obvious passing situations.

PastorMikH
12-18-2006, 07:50 AM

Christ.

Yep. When Dee Brown is in for a healthy LJ, that is exactly what I think. 19 carries last night and needing a break after one 15-20 yard run spells soft.

But then again, according to you, Herm prefers to bench the better players and play the lesser players.

HonestChieffan
12-18-2006, 07:53 AM
One dimentional Head Case...thats our boy LJ.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 07:54 AM
hahahahaha, sorry Dartgod, didn't mean to prove you to be such a dumbass.

Ask Mecca...LJ is on pace for SOOOO many carries he has about one more year before he loses a leg.

But he's not allowed to be spelled or he's a pussy/not a team player.

LMAO!
It was our first possession of the second half and was LJ's eleventh carry of the game (also his first of the second half). Once again, you continue to prove how retarted you are.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:58 AM
retarted huh!? Ouch. I was called a retart. I don't what that means, but I'm sure it isn't very nice...

LJ is on pace to have the most carries in a season ever...

Yet, we're mad when he comes out of the game?

MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE YOU ****ING IDIOTS.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 08:04 AM
retarted huh!? Ouch. I was called a retart. I don't what that means, but I'm sure it isn't very nice...

Yet, we're mad when he comes out of the game?

Again, I have no problem with him taking one play off after a long run. But the whole next series? When the season is on the line? Hell, at that point in the game, he was on pace for 20 carries. He ended with 19.

Your argument has no validity at all. It's just the incoherent ramblings of the village idiot.

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 08:11 AM
LMAO!

You really think LJ told Herm, "**** you I'm not going in! Run the ball to Dee Brown!"

Seriously?

God damnit THESE PEOPLE CANNOT BE THIS STUPID.

Bwana
12-18-2006, 08:17 AM
God willing, you are an only child. Also, with any luck, your ball sack has come into contact with a bike frame at a high rate of speed numerous times resulting in your sperm count being depleted down to a level where you are never able to reproduce. :shake:

stevieray
12-18-2006, 08:22 AM

ya, all those runs where he turns his back to the d and pushes on his olineman really wear a back down.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 08:41 AM
His blocking was as effective as LT's was.

When teams blitz, QB's get sacked.

I can't wait for LJ to leave town. Worst fans in the NFL right here.

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 08:51 AM
His blocking was as effective as LT's was.

I can't wait for LJ to leave town. Worst fans in the NFL right here.Do you have a problem with him taking the next three plays off after his 26 yard run in the 3rd quarter?

EDIT: I think it was only the next two plays. I believe he was in on third and long.

cdcox
12-18-2006, 08:53 AM
First, I think it is a coach's decision to spell LJ after every 20 yard run. They've been doing it all season. And it is stupid.

Second, SD was blitzing every pass play. LJ was pass blocking on most of those. I didn't see him every time, but I did see him make several good blocks. He did get beat on a couple-three and I'm pretty sure I saw everyone of those. His pass blocking has greatly improved. Is it perfect? No. But to say he is a terrible pass blocker or to ignore the improvments in this area just shows me that you only notice players when they touch the ball or screw up and that your football opinions are pretty uninformed.

Third, LJ is not a very good reciever. His flare patterns are bad (he does not present a good target) and he drops too many passes. That is definitely something he needs to work on, because he does a great job of running with it once he makes the catch.

Chiefnj
12-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Except when it's the Chiefs blitzing.

NewChief
12-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Worst fans in the NFL right here.

The best and the worst. I told my wife last night I was sick of other Chiefs fans. She asked what I meant. I told her I was just sick of the loudmouths who know it all, but actually know nothing.

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I thought Johnson looked like he played about halfass last night. Maybe he was sick or something, but he whiffed a couple of blocks and got Green clobbered, he ran tenatively, and he went out alot.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Well this morning there's a nice clip of Larry being played where he says we're to predictable and "this shit needs to change"

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 09:10 AM
If you stick around and live and die with this team for another decade or two.....you'll probably better understand the frustration.

The best and the worst. I told my wife last night I was sick of other Chiefs fans. She asked what I meant. I told her I was just sick of the loudmouths who know it all, but actually know nothing.

the Talking Can
12-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I love LJ.

But his blocking last night was half-ass.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Do you have a problem with him taking the next three plays off after his 26 yard run in the 3rd quarter?

EDIT: I think it was only the next two plays. I believe he was in on third and long.

Nope. For all I know, the coaches took him out.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
First, I think it is a coach's decision to spell LJ after every 20 yard run. They've been doing it all season. And it is stupid.

Second, SD was blitzing every pass play. LJ was pass blocking on most of those. I didn't see him every time, but I did see him make several good blocks. He did get beat on a couple-three and I'm pretty sure I saw everyone of those. His pass blocking has greatly improved. Is it perfect? No. But to say he is a terrible pass blocker or to ignore the improvments in this area just shows me that you only notice players when they touch the ball or screw up and that your football opinions are pretty uninformed.

Third, LJ is not a very good reciever. His flare patterns are bad (he does not present a good target) and he drops too many passes. That is definitely something he needs to work on, because he does a great job of running with it once he makes the catch.

Yep. LJ had more good blocks than whiffs last night. And LT had his share of whiffs too.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
If you flip on 810 they're gonna play LJ's comments in a few minutes......

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Nope. For all I know, the coaches took him out.
It seems to me that if LJ wanted in, Herm would have him in there instead of our fricken' third string RB.

I'll give LJ the benefit of the doubt, but for whatever reason he is not in there, it's inexcusable for that to happen when our post-season hopes (however slim they may be) are on the line.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
If you flip on 810 they're gonna play LJ's comments in a few minutes......

Cool.

Larry has been a voice for change before. Maybe this could be a good thing.

Fruit Ninja
12-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I would have swore i heard Madden say that Herm took him out and he has to get him back in there.

I dont think he came out on his own. I think herm pulled him.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I have heard that LJ is no PH......... :rolleyes:

Damn, I'm going for the popcorn folks, BRB. ROFL

FAX
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Larry "Stone Hands" Johnson has pissed me off worse than ever. Practice catching the ball out of the backfield, you egotistical, whiney-ass, block-whiffing, bigot.

FAX

Mr. Laz
12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
LJ doesn't put much effort into blocking or catching.

the defensive players much jump for joy everything they lineup for a play and can tell whether it's run or not by LJ's body language.

if Larry is already in mid-pout ... it's a pass

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 10:09 AM
It seems to me that if LJ wanted in, Herm would have him in there instead of our fricken' third string RB.

I'll give LJ the benefit of the doubt, but for whatever reason he is not in there, it's inexcusable for that to happen when our post-season hopes (however slim they may be) are on the line.
Oh, so when hitsmiqagjsla032832 says the same ****ing thing I said the entire first two pages, you'll magically agree with him?!

Christ.

Does it pain you all to see that I'm always right that you have to argue with me anyways?

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Larry "Stone Hands" Johnson has pissed me off worse than ever. Practice catching the ball out of the backfield, you egotistical, whiney-ass, block-whiffing, bigot.

FAX
Come on FAX, you're better than this...

Dartgod
12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh, so when hitsmiqagjsla032832 says the same ****ing thing I said the entire first two pages, you'll magically agree with him?!

Christ.

Does it pain you all to see that I'm always right that you have to argue with me anyways?
Two differences...

First--if you had read and comprehended my post--I said that if LJ had really wanted in, Herm would have had him in there instead of our third stringer.

Second, Htismaqe is not a steaming pile of monkey feces, unlike yourself.

Chiefnj
12-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Cool.

Larry has been a voice for change before.

Change of diapers??

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Come on FAX, you're better than this...

Actually, I'm much, much worse than this, Mr. Hootie.

Let's see, 36 years without a whiff of a Super Bowl appearance. Yep. That's about right.

FAX

Short Leash Hootie
12-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Actually, I'm much, much worse than this, Mr. Hootie.

Let's see, 36 years without a whiff of a Super Bowl appearance. Yep. That's about right.

FAX
I feel for you but without LJ we'd have 2 wins, maybe...

Fruit Ninja
12-18-2006, 11:36 AM
LJ's doing fine he s the only player that plays with fire. He has improved alot on blocking. He got ran over a few times, but what Running back doesnt? LT got killed a few times as well. Trich also wasnt the reason, he was hardly ever in there on passing downs, he was a blocking FB. Could he passblock? more then likely, but he's not a play maker and LJ is, so even if he was on the team he wouldnt have been out there on 3rd down unless LJ was hurt.

Everyones panties are all bunched up right now. This team regardless of who was coach just doesnt have enough talent. Our Oline is a year older and a year slower. It was time for it to fall apart. It would have happend regardless of who was coach. No coach can take back a few years on players bodies.

Chiefs are what they are a average football team, and a horrible post season football team. Worse then any team in the AFC outside of texans. IT all starts with our front office. ITs time to start over and gut the team. We all know it will never happen as long as CP is in charge. When he leaves the Chiefs after his deal is up. The Chiefs will be in a worse position then we are in right now. So dont expect anything from this organization til at least 2010.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-18-2006, 11:41 AM

I'm not saying LJ was great at blocking... just wanted to ask what game you were watching from a blocking standpoint... I can think of three times right off the top of my head where LT missed a block. Twice, I think, were right in a row.

El Jefe
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree with the Talking Can I thought his pass blocking was sub par at best. He had some good blocks but he needs to improve. Dee Browns blocking looked pretty good. I loved seeing Jason Dunn rumbling after he caught that pass on 3rd and 2 he is like a big tank.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Christ.

Perhaps if you weren't such a drama queen, people would take you more seriously...

You could start by neglecting to mention all the time how you're always right. Nobody gives a shit.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm not saying LJ was great at blocking... just wanted to ask what game you were watching from a blocking standpoint... I can think of three times right off the top of my head where LT missed a block. Twice, I think, were right in a row.

Yep.

All out blitzes = missed blocks. I don't see anybody bitching about LT letting Benny Sapp run right by him TWICE in the same drive...

bringbackmarty
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
No No No,

LJ has a long way to go before he is a truly great back in this league. He Needs to learn there is no "I" in either team, or larry. He needs to learn how to overcome his many weaknesses and turn them into strengths. There needs to be fewer excuses, and more production in the areas of pass blocking, recieving, and he needs to learn how to throw the ball too.

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
LT missed several blocks. The guy is good but jeez he doen't walk on water.