PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm going to be very honest here... I didn't watch the game at all -- not because I didn't have the chance, but I was working on afew cases of mine...

I was going to start a thread called --- It's The 90's All Over... But: I don't believe its the 90's all over again...

We now have a defense thats keeping us in games, and we now have an offense, not allowed to do what we did last year --- and thats score points... Sure, our line has taken some blows this year, but I feel this offense has been grounded... And it's not due to personel -- it's due to coaching...

This coaching staff better get things going next year, or it's going to be a very quiet time at Arrowhead in 2008... KC won't take this much longer fan wise...

Where's Al Saunders when you need him the most... But in all reality --- I'm thinking Herm would have grounded Al's high scoring offense also...

Open the offense back up next year Herm, or it very well might turn into the 90's again...

Archie F. Swin
12-18-2006, 08:37 AM
My opinion is that it all goes back to the retirement of Willie Roaf. Also, last night, Green looked suspect at best. If our defense can hold a team like SD to 20 points, we should a have a good chance of winning.

HonestChieffan
12-18-2006, 08:41 AM
You didnt see the game yet you can comment on it?

Thanks Mr Rumsfeld.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 08:42 AM
My opinion is that it all goes back to the retirement of Willie Roaf. Also, last night, Green looked suspect at best. If our defense can hold a team like SD to 20 points, we should a have a good chance of winning.

That is what he is trying to say. We are going back to the 90's agian. It is almost like Dejavu.. It is very sureal watching what Herm is doing to this team...

Total 180 from the total 180 DV brought to KC...

What is really sad, is you see the creativity and opportunties that other teams are creating and winning with. Most of those teams are playoff teams or teams getting better..

This team is just like Herms last 2 NYJ teams. Getting worse, while his old NYJ team is getting better?

There is a trend here.

Simplex3
12-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Keeping a game close and hoping to win it in the end means the other team has that same shot. That's .500 football, which is what KC is.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
You didn't watch the game, but you're convinced the offense was grounded due to coaching.

Real smart.

So the screen door O-line was a coaching decision?

Running game wasn't working because holes weren't opening.

Passing game wasn't working because the D was in Trent's grille before he completed his drop.

But it was a coaching decision.

bkkcoh
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Roaf screwed the Chiefs when he retired at the time that he did. He should have said that he was really thinking about it in the spring so that if the Chiefs had an opportunity to sign a FA at LT or god forbid be able to draft one...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Roaf screwed the Chiefs when he retired at the time that he did. He should have said that he was really thinking about it in the spring so that if the Chiefs had an opportunity to sign a FA at LT or god forbid be able to draft one...

I thought he did tell them he was retiring earlier and Carl/Herm thought they could get him to come back and play....

They waited and he was serious. There was plenty of time to get a Tackle if Carl would pull his head out.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 09:24 AM
You didnt see the game yet you can comment on it?

Thanks Mr Rumsfeld.

We held their offense to only 20 and we only scored 9... Not hard to tell that our offense sucks with this new system... And when you can hold the Chargers to 20 --- that's pretty good...

But -- you are very correct --- I didn't watch it...

bkkcoh
12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I thought he did tell them he was retiring earlier and Carl/Herm thought they could get him to come back and play....

They waited and he was serious. There was plenty of time to get a Tackle if Carl would pull his head out.

Yes, you are correct to a point. But did Roaf send in he retirement papers to the league office to make it official? That I can't remember. It would have been nice if they would have taken it serious. I am not saying that it would have made that much difference, but it may have.

patteeu
12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't think coaching had nearly as much to do with last nights loss as poor play on the part of the offensive players.

bkkcoh
12-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't think coaching had nearly as much to do with last nights loss as poor play on the part of the offensive players.

Great defensive strategy by the Chargers... When you don't have enough time on a 3 step drop, that is very sad.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 09:28 AM
You didn't watch the game, but you're convinced the offense was grounded due to coaching.

Real smart.

So the screen door O-line was a coaching decision?

Running game wasn't working because holes weren't opening.

Passing game wasn't working because the D was in Trent's grille before he completed his drop.

But it was a coaching decision.

I could be screaming --- PUT HUARD IN !!! But thats not the case... I know our O-Line sucks... Has all year...

I did have a chance to watch it while working -- but enough heart ache is enough...

I love the Chiefs --- but lets face it... We're good enough to be in the hunt --- but during the hunt --- the dogs just come up short and we leave the season with no game in hand...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Yes, you are correct to a point. But did Roaf send in he retirement papers to the league office to make it official? That I can't remember. It would have been nice if they would have taken it serious. I am not saying that it would have made that much difference, but it may have.

Regardless, you have to take that pretty serious, you cant lose an All world LT and just sit on your hands and say everything will be alright...

Just doesnt happen. There should of been a push to someone or trade for someone to keep this machine clicking. Roaf is hard to replace, but there are plenty of solid LT's out there if you go after it.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 09:47 AM

'Earlier' is a nice vague term to suggest more incompetence than might be deserved on this issue.
As recently as May 2006, Roaf was cheerleading EVERYONE coming back, saying he'd never felt better, he was never so sure of his decision to play, let's get 2000 yards rushing for LJ, etc., etc.
After the OTAs he made some cryptic remarks about his hamstrings, and went back home to give them some rest. Still gave the impression that all he needed was a few days rest and he'd be back.
We DON'T KNOW what was discussed in June/July/August, but the ship had sailed on quality replacements well before Roaf's May cheerleading, so I'm not sure how it matters.
Roaf fooked us, and fooked us but good. I've said it since the day he didn't show up for TC.